Walking Dead

ajzepp

When the inmate handed the gin back to Rick I was thinking he should have said, "Welcome to the group! It just so happens that we have an opening for a large bald black man - your timing is fantastic! Welcome!"

I thought that too...but then when they killed off Lori, and presumably Carol, I thought "budget cuts come to AMC".

Incidentally, I didn't catch the whole thing, but on that silly "Talking Dead" show, afterwards, they had some woman (I am assuming a producer or some creative person from the show) saying that she didn't see any way the show could "only" last 7 seasons...I thought that was odd...was there ever any definitive kill date for Walking Dead? Personally, seven years sounds like more than enough... imagine a modern day Gunsmoke with zombies!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're fortunate enough to get 4 more seasons, especially if they maintain this level of quality, I'll be very happy about that.

Maybe so...as long as we don't see zombie-Shane jumping over garbage cans on his motorcycle...

:lol:

I think it would be cool to have a celebrity zombie show up....like zombie Shaq or whoever just happens to wander onto the screen

Edited by ajzepp

:lol:

I think it would be cool to have a celebrity zombie show up....like zombie Shaq or whoever just happens to wander onto the screen

Actually, that could be pretty funny.... the gang comes across some random celebrity who is now a zombie...I like it!

Scott Ian from Anthrax was a zombie on one of the webisodes of Walking Dead...

I'm talking more like a zombie cameo like having an Obama zombie, or Bruce Springsteen, or whatver....and then have the group react to the fact that they recognize the person....I dunno, just think that would be funny. Hell, it's one of the biggest shows on tv, cable or otherwise....would bring some attention to whoever would be willing to do it.

Actually, that could be pretty funny.... the gang comes across some random celebrity who is now a zombie...I like it!

lol, exactly...I think that would be hilarious

I'm talking more like a zombie cameo like having an Obama zombie, or Bruce Springsteen, or whatver....and then have the group react to the fact that they recognize the person....I dunno, just think that would be funny. Hell, it's one of the biggest shows on tv, cable or otherwise....would bring some attention to whoever would be willing to do it.

lol, exactly...I think that would be hilarious

I know it isn't quite the same...but back in the day, IIRC, (late 80's) James Worthy played a Klingon on Star Trek:TNG...it wasn't a major speaking role...he just stood out as the tallest Klingon ever....and I seem to recall Shaq guesting on one of the Trek incarnations as well.

Edited by Buftex

I know it isn't quite the same...but back in the day, IIRC, (late 80's) James Worthy played a Klingon on Star Trek:TNG...it wasn't a major speaking role...he just stood out as the tallest Klingon ever....and I seem to recall Shaq guesting on one of the Trek incarnations as well.

I've never watched the show, but Conan O'Brien randomly showed up in the background of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. He bought a walk on role in a charity auction. The writers wanted to give him a speaking role but he thought it would be funnier if he was just randomly in the background.

The Walking Dead has had giveaways like this, haven't they, where some random winner gets a bit role as a zombie? They could somehow do the same thing with a random celebrity if they wanted to. Having Rick and co. recognizing someone, to me, feels like it would cheapen the show a bit. The vast majority of these walkers are so rotted away at this point that they should be recognizable anymore.

I've never watched the show, but Conan O'Brien randomly showed up in the background of an episode of How I Met Your Mother. He bought a walk on role in a charity auction. The writers wanted to give him a speaking role but he thought it would be funnier if he was just randomly in the background.

The Walking Dead has had giveaways like this, haven't they, where some random winner gets a bit role as a zombie? They could somehow do the same thing with a random celebrity if they wanted to. Having Rick and co. recognizing someone, to me, feels like it would cheapen the show a bit. The vast majority of these walkers are so rotted away at this point that they should be recognizable anymore.

Yes...I agree...giving the zombies personality would kill the show...don't know if you are a Trek fan at all, but the greatest gift The Next Generation gave to the Trek landscape was the bad-ass Borg. But then, they gave one of them a personality, and managed to castrate them...sad moment really.

I just think it would be kind of funny, if once (not all the time) they saw a zombie where they were all thinking, "holy ****, was that once Taylor Swift"?

Yes...I agree...giving the zombies personality would kill the show...don't know if you are a Trek fan at all, but the greatest gift The Next Generation gave to the Trek landscape was the bad-ass Borg. But then, they gave one of them a personality, and managed to castrate them...sad moment really.

I just think it would be kind of funny, if once (not all the time) they saw a zombie where they were all thinking, "holy ****, was that once Taylor Swift"?

I want a Verne Troyer zombie.

Crazy episode with the death of 2 main characters and you guys are circle jerking about which celeb zombie you would like to see?! :P

I don't think Carol is dead and I like the suspense of Andrea and her unpredictably. This season is so much better than the farm.

Lori's choice however led to a discussion between the wife and I - do you let the baby die or let the baby live and your wife die? To us it seemed like a no brainer that the baby goes and the wife stays but was just wondering what others thought?

Crazy episode with the death of 2 main characters and you guys are circle jerking about which celeb zombie you would like to see?! :P

I don't think Carol is dead and I like the suspense of Andrea and her unpredictably. This season is so much better than the farm.

Lori's choice however led to a discussion between the wife and I - do you let the baby die or let the baby live and your wife die? To us it seemed like a no brainer that the baby goes and the wife stays but was just wondering what others thought?

well the situation seemed to me like it was "lori and the baby die" or just "lori dies"....so in that case, obviously, lori dies and the baby lives...however if choosing beween wife and unborn child (which I hope to god none of us ever have to do), id choose my wife....however, from what I know of these type of situations, and can only imagine, the wife would never quite be the same again

im depressed now

well the situation seemed to me like it was "lori and the baby die" or just "lori dies"....so in that case, obviously, lori dies and the baby lives...however if choosing beween wife and unborn child (which I hope to god none of us ever have to do), id choose my wife....however, from what I know of these type of situations, and can only imagine, the wife would never quite be the same again

im depressed now

Sorry to do that :beer: . I didn't take it that way but it makes much more sense. I just thought holy crap my wife or newborn? not even close, and she said f*ck that I'm choosing me lol.

I wonder how long it will take for Carol to resurface. I was surprised that they left her fate up in the air like that. I do wish it had been someone else sabotaging the prison though. It seemed a bit odd that he was resourceful enough to do all of that, yet dumb enough to think that he's going to be able to survive everything with just a group of 3 prisoners.

Since they never showed Lori being shot, maybe the kid whiffed on the kill, Carol finds Lori in the nick of time & makes the last-minute miraculous save, and then everyone has a surprise reunion. :lol: Edited by Rico

The name of that episode was "Killer Within"...did that refer to the birth of the baby being the death of Lori, or, is the baby itself going to turn out to be a little killer? Or, is the "killer within" a reference to the prisoners who let the walkers in?

The name of that episode was "Killer Within"...did that refer to the birth of the baby being the death of Lori, or, is the baby itself going to turn out to be a little killer? Or, is the "killer within" a reference to the prisoners who let the walkers in?

I thought that was odd myself and was half hoping for a zombie baby (way back machine but Nightmare on Elm Street 5 anybody?) but I hadn't noticed the titles before. Have I been missing this all along or is the an occurrence from time to time? Anyways is a baby slightly impractical in this world. A good point was raised by my wife - who will nurse this baby? How is this baby supposed to survive in this world?