Walking Dead

ajzepp

First time in a long time, I've actually been caught up on this show. Below were the three things that stood out to me.

I have a hard time believing the NG guys would get caught that flat footed. But other than that I liked it.

Did the military guys even fire back at all, just a little unbelievable.

And they didn't even mention how she had been using the zombies as pack mules, carrying all their gear.

Shortly after the 2nd season they had some really short online comic that explained Michonnes back story and the who/why she was walking around with 2 zombies. I was kinda surprised in this episode when the camera showed how she also used them as a mule. Both of them had bags full of guns or something.

(FWIW I just thought the governor really liked his tea because its kind of "a relic of the old world" type thing...look how civilized we are, we drink tea - but execute soldiers and keep their heads in fish tanks)

I think there is something more to the tea then just that. They way they continually focused on it just makes me think it has some sinister plot. Maybe it is used to drug everyone into submission or something?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is something more to the tea then just that. They way they continually focused on it just makes me think it has some sinister plot. Maybe it is used to drug everyone into submission or something?

Agreed - it wasn't in your face, but there is definitely something up with the tea - I noticed Michonne did not drink it.

First time in a long time, I've actually been caught up on this show. Below were the three things that stood out to me.

Did the military guys even fire back at all, just a little unbelievable.

Agreed. Man, that bothered me. Even NG folks know about setting up a defensive position/perimeter. The camp in the 2nd episode of season one had a wire perimeter with cans to provide an early warning. At the very least, the gate should have been closed and the vehicles organized into a circle (even Chris Berman knows about circling the wagons).

Now we have two armed camps with a built-in rivalry of Merle vs. Rick/T-Dog with Daryl being the wild-card. The whole scene with the Governor and the heads was reminiscent of Colonel Kurtz in "Apocalypse Now". How are they powering Woodbury? (I haven't read the GNs).

So I guess that means it wasn't Merle watching Carol

It took me all of about five minutes of Andrea screen time for me to remember just how much I dislike that character. The show has definitely taken an interesting turn in just three episodes. I have to admit I enjoyed a break from the Grimes gang's dysfunction, but something tells me the "point of view" shot of Carol out by the perimeter of the fence they showed two weeks ago somehow ties in with Woodbury. Interesting fact I learned from Sunday's show, that Daryl isn't even a character in the comic book and he's arguably the most popular one now. (Geek alert) the following he's got reminds me of the Boba Fett fans from the Star Wars franchise.

It took me all of about five minutes of Andrea screen time for me to remember just how much I dislike that character. The show has definitely taken an interesting turn in just three episodes. I have to admit I enjoyed a break from the Grimes gang's dysfunction, but something tells me the "point of view" shot of Carol out by the perimeter of the fence they showed two weeks ago somehow ties in with Woodbury. Interesting fact I learned from Sunday's show, that Daryl isn't even a character in the comic book and he's arguably the most popular one now. (Geek alert) the following he's got reminds me of the Boba Fett fans from the Star Wars franchise.

Andrea got better at the end of season 2, but they completely killed that with this episode. I guess we can all look forward to her winding up on the receiving end of some sort of sadistic Governor killing. And as for Daryl, at least he's actually had a bunch of screen time, unlike Fett.

Was there power? I should really pay more attention. All that really stuck out to me was all those fires at night.

There were solar panels outside, and I noticed a few times indoors there were banks of batteries. I want to say the end scene you see the governor connect wiring to terminals on a battery to turn on the lights.

There were solar panels outside, and I noticed a few times indoors there were banks of batteries. I want to say the end scene you see the governor connect wiring to terminals on a battery to turn on the lights.

I missed the solar panels. The power I was referring to was the tanks at the end and the reference to hot water for showers. They might have a gas supply for heating the water but they'd still need something to power pumps for pressure. Also, whatever the scientist/tea brewer was doing required some electrical equipment. The whole idea of an oasis like this run by a megalomaniacal dude like the Governor is intriguing.

My thought on the tea was that perhaps it is keeping the governor from changing. Perhaps he was bitten and the tea somehow is counteracting it. That or the boring old mind control tea. Either way this storyline is so much better than the original group. I honestly despise Lori and keep hoing she will die. As for Rick I think he is an idiot and don't care much for the acting. Actually hoping that the original group gets killed (hey a few can survive-not Rick or Lori) and move into the governor's territory.

I missed the solar panels. The power I was referring to was the tanks at the end and the reference to hot water for showers. They might have a gas supply for heating the water but they'd still need something to power pumps for pressure. Also, whatever the scientist/tea brewer was doing required some electrical equipment. The whole idea of an oasis like this run by a megalomaniacal dude like the Governor is intriguing.

the-walking-dead-season-3-comic-con-trailer-screenshot-013.jpg

I honestly despise Lori and keep hoing she will die.

I don't know what is goign on, but on several of my favorite shows (Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, and Walking Dead), the main female character is annoying as all hell. Can't they write a part for a woman that doesn't entail her being a lying whore?

My thought on the tea was that perhaps it is keeping the governor from changing. Perhaps he was bitten and the tea somehow is counteracting it. That or the boring old mind control tea. Either way this storyline is so much better than the original group. I honestly despise Lori and keep hoing she will die. As for Rick I think he is an idiot and don't care much for the acting. Actually hoping that the original group gets killed (hey a few can survive-not Rick or Lori) and move into the governor's territory.

horrible ideas........get off the net

I have to admit the Govenor's sports bar wall of heads totally caught me off guard. He's obviously going to do something with harnessing the walkers and making them "useful" somehow. After watching this last episode again, I noticed that Michone and the gov's black henchman seem to have some sort of "connection" maybe back to pre-zombie days or something?

yea that was a pretty stupid post...at least start the post off with:

SPOILER ALERT, and then space down 15 lines and write your little spoiler there

Normally, I would agree, but in terms of characters TWD show seems to deviate from the comic regularly. Knowing that Lori died in the comic doesn't mean that she'll die in the show. Her dying is a possibility just like it was before you heard she died in the comic. The chances are no more or no less.

Edited by Thisistheyear