So tired of "Dope" and the "Lapdog" on WGR 550 making

Big Turk

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

If you must know, China is a dictatorship. Being so, the dictator has the right to impose any changes of regional expenditures, be it taxation or pricing of domestic produce. This being so, the price of tea in China will always be mandated by the dictator.

Now, Schopp and the Bulldog.... well they are the dictators. Their opinions are tea.

I have to listen to these 2 numnuts spew their crap about how the Bills

You "have to listen"? Why is that??

Don't they realize where they are? They need to homer it up every day.

Doesn't matter what they really think. No team is better than the Bills, superbowl baby!

We would be 11-0 without the freaking refs being biased against us every week!

Look if you don't like what they say then don't listen.

That's the best way to get them off the air.

As to the offense being better or not. The stats show improvement because Fitz is playing better than Edwards, and Gailey is an offense minded coach as opposed to DJ. However you can have the #1 ranked offense statistically in the NFL and score 1000 points a game, but that doesn't mean **** if you opponents score 1001. It is the teams overall performance, measured by wins and losses, that shows if a team is better than last year or not. This team is looking at a likely 2-14 or 3-13 season as opposed to last seasons 6-10 and the previous seasons 7-9.

Doesn't matter what they really think. No team is better than the Bills, superbowl baby!

As to the offense being better or not. The stats show improvement because Fitz is playing better than Edwards, and Gailey is an offense minded coach as opposed to DJ. However you can have the #1 ranked offense statistically in the NFL and score 1000 points a game, but that doesn't mean **** if you opponents score 1001. It is the teams overall performance, measured by wins and losses, that shows if a team is better than last year or not. This team is looking at a likely 2-14 or 3-13 season as opposed to last seasons 6-10 and the previous seasons 7-9.

The point is this:

If they were stating that the team as a whole isn't better in spite of the fact that the offense has improved, that's a perfectly reasonable argument.

But from what I've read (and perhaps someone who heard the dialogue in question can confirm) they were simply stating that the offense hasn't improved, which is ludicrous. It's not a matter of being a homer, it's simply not true. The offense has improved both statistically and also in a more subjective manner (in that they're far more entertaining to watch).

Edited by yall

BillsVet…I know you can't help yourself…but this was a discussion about whether the offense is improved or not.

To take your comment to the absurd end, it's like someone posting that Stevie Johnson is one of the Bills most improved players…and you saying that the team's only won two games. Your observation is not relevant to this thread.

Of course BillsVet's comments about the Bills are relevant. He pointed out that while the offense got better the defense got worse. How is that not a relevant and cogent point? He also pointed out that while the previous regime got criticized compared to the new regime the old regime's record is actually better than the new regime. How is that contradiction not an interesting point?

If you want to be critical of BV's points then go ahead and be be critical of them. If you want to argue over the accuracy of his points then point out where he is wrong. He simply stated that the defense got worse while the offense got better. That is a fact. He pointed out that the record for last year's team at a particular point of the season is actually better than it presenty is. That is also a fact.

Of course BillsVet's comments about the Bills are relevant. He pointed out that while the offense got better the defense got worse. How is that not a relevant and cogent point? He also pointed out that while the previous regime got criticized compared to the new regime the old regime's record is actually better than the new regime. How is that contradiction not an interesting point?

If you want to be critical of BV's points then go ahead and be be critical of them. If you want to argue over the accuracy of his points then point out where he is wrong. He simply stated that the defense got worse while the offense got better. That is a fact. He pointed out that the record for last year's team at a particular point of the season is actually better than it presenty is. That is also a fact.

Here's another fact for you. I prefer this 2-9 Bills team to any Dick(less) Jauron ever coached.

PTR

And yet DJ and PF won four games 11 games into the season. This year's team has 2 wins against 2 of the NFL's worst teams. The only thing that matters is W-L record, and while they're offensively improved, the defense is among the NFL's worst.

But that's not the point of the argument.

We're not talking about wins and losses. The issue is purely statistical.

If you have 2 morons quoting stats and making claims that runs contrary to what the stats actually state (as was posted so well by the original writer), they are abusing their position and proving themselves to be biased and incompetent.

Moving from 32nd to middle of the pack is a tremendous improvement.

Now, if it was simply looking at wins, then yes, any baffoon could look at our record and claim that we are worse than last years squad. The numbers don't lie.

But if your argument is that the offense has not improved, and the stats show otherwise, then you are incompetent and should be relieved of your duties. Making things up should not count as "news", or discussion.

Leave the gossip to the ladies on The View.

Here's another fact for you. I prefer this 2-9 Bills team to any Dick(less) Jauron ever coached.

PTR

Amen to that, Promo.

Amen to that!!

I don't agree at all.

Bottom line, this is entertainment. And this is the most entertaining and exciting 2-14 or 3-13 that I have ever seen.

All of this garbage about wins and losses is nice; but if you look at the world that way than only 1 team every year is worth anything. The other 31 are just worthless. So therefore, an undefeated regular season means nothing to you unless you win the Super Bowl that year. There is nothing entertaining about that approach, because so many things can happen during the course of a season, that the chances of even dominant teams making it are not so good anymore. Who in this NFL is really dominant? Nobody.

With today's parity and free agency, 8-8 can get you into the playoffs. And once in, a team can go deep if things go right.

There have been so many improvements in this Bills team this year that would rank as better. How many dumb, drive-killing penalties are we committing this year? Turnovers? How is our conversion rate on 3rd down? 4th down? Red zone scoring percentage?

Nix said improvements would be slow. I am seeing amazing changes where it matters. I finally see a competent team wearing Bills uniforms. From top to bottom- well, I still think that Modrak has outplayed his usefulness, but I digress...

This team, since coming out of the bye has my interest again. I'm excited about these guys. They have not given up. And they easily could be 5-5 right now or 6-5. The Ravens and Steelers were supposed to destroy them, 41-6 style. Didn't happen. Both teams were lucky to get out with a win. Did I mention, both games went to OT?

They are improving, and much more fun to watch.

As long as they continue to improve, I'm happy.

Living in New Jersey, I listen to Mike Francesa on a pretty regular basis. He's widely regarded as the best talk show host in the country. Though he's rarely favorable to the Bills (although oddly enough, this is the first year he's been complimentary towards them in a very long time), the guy knows NFL football and gives clear and coherent reasons for his opinions.

After reading a few posts regarding these two local Buffalo radio hosts, I decided to tune in over the internet a couple of times. It's shocking how these two sports radio host could actually be employed. There is literally ZERO critical thinking going on with these guys. It's almost as if you can hear their brains farting before a comment comes spewing out of their mouths.

They are an embarrassment. WGR should be hearing it from the local fans on a daily basis. If they got enough complaints then they would for sure find a real entertaining and insightful Buffalo sports radio personality.

My suggestion is that you tune into WFAN over the internet if you want to hear what real professional analysis of NFL football sounds like. You're not going to hear about Bills football, but that's what TSW is for. The analysis here is 100 times better than anything that those two failures could poop out of their noggins.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/category/sports/

Francesa is on right now!

"cheesebuuuga cheesebuuga cheesebuuuga cheesebuuga cheesebuuuga cheesebuuga"

"I'll have a couple of eggs, over easy. And some sausage, is that link or patty?"

"Cheesburga?"

I frankly don't care about offensive rankings or defensive rankings, although it provides a window into how the team is doing. W-L record is all that matters. Bill Parcells said you are what you're record says you are.

To quote the esteemed southern gentleman Buddy Nix, "Show me the baby."

Edited by BillsVet

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

This is the reason why people cannot stand them. Get a clue

A GREAT BIG SWING AND MISS!!! See earlier response to Bills Vet

Can anyone with an advertising/communications background help me with this...

I agree with the posters that the best way to silence them is to not listen. Which is precisely what I do when 3pm rolls around. However, am I giving them ratings by listening to the morning show, which is decent, and Rome, which I love? It is cumulative or do shows have their own ratings?

This may seem stupid, but I seriously don't know.

Living in New Jersey, I listen to Mike Francesa on a pretty regular basis. He's widely regarded as the best talk show host in the country. Though he's rarely favorable to the Bills (although oddly enough, this is the first year he's been complimentary towards them in a very long time), the guy knows NFL football and gives clear and coherent reasons for his opinions.

After reading a few posts regarding these two local Buffalo radio hosts, I decided to tune in over the internet a couple of times. It's shocking how these two sports radio host could actually be employed. There is literally ZERO critical thinking going on with these guys. It's almost as if you can hear their brains farting before a comment comes spewing out of their mouths.

They are an embarrassment. WGR should be hearing it from the local fans on a daily basis. If they got enough complaints then they would for sure find a real entertaining and insightful Buffalo sports radio personality.

My suggestion is that you tune into WFAN over the internet if you want to hear what real professional analysis of NFL football sounds like. You're not going to hear about Bills football, but that's what TSW is for. The analysis here is 100 times better than anything that those two failures could poop out of their noggins.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/category/sports/

Francesa is on right now!

Entercom, which owns WGR, also owns WEEI in Boston, a terrific sports talk station. It's kind of sad how lame WGR is in comparison, though they copy many of WEEI's ideas like "The Whiner Line" and Whiney Awards. Even their station promos are exactly the same as WEEI.

I suspect that WGR is ultra-critical by design. For one, Buffalo sports fans are easily depressed and seem to respond to woe-is-me, we-are-doomed thinking. And two, it does seem to generate talk, good or bad, as we prove here on a weekly basis.

Unfortunately economics protects WGR because no one will ever bother to come after them and do local sports talk the right way. It's expensive and labor intensive. But lord knows if anyone ever tried they'd crush them in one ratings period.

PTR

Can anyone with an advertising/communications background help me with this...

I agree with the posters that the best way to silence them is to not listen. Which is precisely what I do when 3pm rolls around. However, am I giving them ratings by listening to the morning show, which is decent, and Rome, which I love? It is cumulative or do shows have their own ratings?

This may seem stupid, but I seriously don't know.

They don't know you are listening unless you are participating in an rating survey, usually conducted by a company called Arbitron. They send you a diary booklet and you are supposed to write down everything you listen to. It's a terrible flawed system; as if you are going to write stuff down while driving, etc. So they sometimes use a device called the Personal People Meter, or PPM. You keep it with you like a pager. Stations encode their information inaudibly into their signals but the PPM picks it up and logs your listening in real time.

So listen all you want. As long as you don't admit you listen, or keep your PPM in a drawer during the afternoon, Dope & Lapdog will never get the credit.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Entercom, which owns WGR, also owns WEEI in Boston, a terrific sports talk station. It's kind of sad how lame WGR is in comparison, though they copy many of WEEI's ideas like "The Whiner Line" and Whiney Awards. Even their station promos are exactly the same as WEEI.

I suspect that WGR is ultra-critical by design. For one, Buffalo sports fans are easily depressed and seem to respond to woe-is-me, we-are-doomed thinking. And two, it does seem to generate talk, good or bad, as we prove here on a weekly basis.

Unfortunately economics protects WGR because no one will ever bother to come after them and do local sports talk the right way. It's expensive and labor intensive. But lord knows if anyone ever tried they'd crush them in one ratings period.

PTR

They don't know you are listening unless you are participating in an rating survey, usually conducted by a company called Arbitron. They send you a diary booklet and you are supposed to write down everything you listen to. It's a terrible flawed system; as if you are going to write stuff down while driving, etc. So they sometimes use a device called the Personal People Meter, or PPM. You keep it with you like a pager. Stations encode their information inaudibly into their signals but the PPM picks it up and logs your listening in real time.

So listen all you want. As long as you don't admit you listen, or keep your PPM in a drawer during the afternoon, Dope & Lapdog will never get the credit.

PTR

With internet and satellite radio, I'm surprised that they would still have any ratings at all. I predict they'll eventually lose whatever audience they still have to a point where the station will be forced to find people who can use critical thinking with their Buffalo sports talk. Once Buffalo fans find their "voice" at these other outlets or a rival station, it will be all over for WGR.

PTR

Either way you have it you are looking at mediocrity. When you graciously accept mediocrtiy you will continue to get mediocrity. The owner thanks you very much. You are the type of fan who is music to his ears.