So tired of "Dope" and the "Lapdog" on WGR 550 making

Big Turk

I have to listen to these 2 numnuts spew their crap about how the Bills aren't better on offense from last year and that "stats" don't back up how every one says they are so much better offensively. Well, I hate to post cold hard facts, but they are vastly improved, even without taking out Edwards two brutal games before Fitz took over. I am going to solely concentrate on what has happened in the 9 games since Fitz has been the starter. The numbers are basically like night and day from last year. Anyone who can possibly make a statement that "there has been no improvement offensively" is clearly just misguided or plain out wrong.

Here we go:

In 2009: Bills gained 273.9 yards/game(30th), averaged 4.81 yards/play(26th), scored an average of 16.1 points/game(28th) and converted 26% of 3rd downs(32nd-worst in the NFL)

In 2010(9 games under Fitz): 350.1 yards/game(13th), 5.55 yards/play(12th), 23.6 points/game(12th), 43.2% on 3rd down conversions(6th)

So basically we gain 76.2 more yards per game or +17 spots(actually puts us directly ahead of NEW ENGLAND in yards per game) average .76 more yards/play(directly ahead of INDY) or +14 spots, 7.5 points/game more(directly behind the Jets and Texans) or +16 spots, and convert 17.5% more 3rd downs into 1st downs(directly ahead of Tampa Bay and San Diego) or +26 spots.

I don't know about anyone else, but I consider that DRASTIC and VAST improvement over last year. If the Bills defense was a little bit better, the Bills numbers would likely be even better since they would have the ball more often. Where they have the audacity to say the Bills "aren't any better on offense this year than last year" is a total farce and next time I hear it you can be damn sure I'm calling in to set the record straight!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys try way too hard to come up with a counterpoint opinion. They really are a turn off when they spew drivel about not being better on offense. Between that and Bulldog rooting for them to lose, it's absurd. Also, the two seem to agree with each other way too often which is annoying. AT least have debates with differing opinions.

I have to listen to these 2 numnuts spew their crap about how the Bills aren't better on offense from last year and that "stats" don't back up how every one says they are so much better offensively. Well, I hate to post cold hard facts, but they are vastly improved, even without taking out Edwards two brutal games before Fitz took over. I am going to solely concentrate on what has happened in the 9 games since Fitz has been the starter. The numbers are basically like night and day from last year. Anyone who can possibly make a statement that "there has been no improvement offensively" is clearly just misguided or plain out wrong.

Here we go:

In 2009: Bills gained 273.9 yards/game(30th), averaged 4.81 yards/play(26th), scored an average of 16.1 points/game(28th) and converted 26% of 3rd downs(32nd-worst in the NFL)

In 2010(9 games under Fitz): 350.1 yards/game(13th), 5.55 yards/play(12th), 23.6 points/game(12th), 43.2% on 3rd down conversions(6th)

So basically we gain 76.2 more yards per game or +17 spots(actually puts us directly ahead of NEW ENGLAND in yards per game) average .76 more yards/play(directly ahead of INDY) or +14 spots, 7.5 points/game more(directly behind the Jets and Texans) or +16 spots, and convert 17.5% more 3rd downs into 1st downs(directly ahead of Tampa Bay and San Diego) or +26 spots.

I don't know about anyone else, but I consider that DRASTIC and VAST improvement over last year. If the Bills defense was a little bit better, the Bills numbers would likely be even better since they would have the ball more often. Where they have the audacity to say the Bills "aren't any better on offense this year than last year" is a total farce and next time I hear it you can be damn sure I'm calling in to set the record straight!!

Not to mention the mere fact that the offense is better because it isn't o simplex and they are able actually run 4 and 5 WR sets , use motion and multiple sets and formations. Plus... last time I checked they are playing a tougher schedule THIS year where 9 of the games are against different opponents. So basically there "statistical argument" is a joke. Neither reliable or valid. You can't compare the two years and determine if they are better or not based on the stats. The two years aren't the same. Stupid use of stats on their part.

Not only that, but statistically, Fitzpatrick is leading the best Bills offense since 1992. This is the best our offense has looked in 18 years(yes that includes 2002 under Bledsoe--not by much, but still better)

My heart gets broken w every loss but for these reasons(ur stat analysis) i continue to BILLIEVE! I appreciate the work youve done here. Chan is living up to the promise and this team IS already formidable.I just hate when a group like this works so hard but is left only w a bag of Sh*t at the end of the game.I cant stand these radio guys not only for their dumb Bills analysis but the fill dribble in between, they seem so dumb and act as if they are being paid peanuts therefore refusing to do a good job. I listen to them bc i have a great passion for sports in general and do my best discounting their assness.

Those guys try way too hard to come up with a counterpoint opinion. They really are a turn off when they spew drivel about not being better on offense. Between that and Bulldog rooting for them to lose, it's absurd. Also, the two seem to agree with each other way too often which is annoying. AT least have debates with differing opinions.

I'm not sure who it is, I think his name is Greg on the show, but all he does is make hilarious sarcastic comments and he should have his own show from 3-7 over those other two clowns that make up their own **** to talk about, day in and day out.

Edit: Wow, swear filter in full affect. can't even use the special characters. ****, maybe???

Edit again: I need to win this war:

$H!7

LEET WIN!!!

Edited by The Wiz

And yet DJ and PF won four games 11 games into the season. This year's team has 2 wins against 2 of the NFL's worst teams. The only thing that matters is W-L record, and while they're offensively improved, the defense is among the NFL's worst.

BillsVet…I know you can't help yourself…but this was a discussion about whether the offense is improved or not.

To take your comment to the absurd end, it's like someone posting that Stevie Johnson is one of the Bills most improved players…and you saying that the team's only won two games. Your observation is not relevant to this thread.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

YOu don't even need to know the stats in order to see that the offense is totally different - for the better - than what we've had in recent years. We are NEVER out of the game with the current version, whereas with Dickballs Jauron once we got behind we rarely, if ever, came back from a deficit. The only time we did was when the defense made a big play and put up points. I know they want to get people stirred up so that they'll call in and improve ratings or whatever, but saying the offense isn't better is just plain stupid.

When Schopp said that Chan Gailey is "too conservative" on offense he lost the last shred of credibility he had. I wonder if they read from scripts sometimes.

PTR

Too conservative, and yet the Bills have gone for it on 4th down as much as any other team in the NFL...17 times, tied with Dallas and KC for most in the NFL...also have the 5th fewest penalties on offense in the NFL as well..

What is the point of calling them names? Can't you just disagree with them like an adult?

I dunno...what is the point of them dismissing out of hand any callers that disagree with them on pretty much any topic?

BillsVet…I know you can't help yourself…but this was a discussion about whether the offense is improved or not.

To take your comment to the absurd end, it's like someone posting that Stevie Johnson is one of the Bills most improved players…and you saying that the team's only won two games. Your observation is not relevant to this thread.

:worthy: