So tired of "Dope" and the "Lapdog" on WGR 550 making

Big Turk

You are missing my basic point that I have made in my numerous postings on this topic. Are the Bills improved? Of course. I have not said otherwise. My central point is that they are far from being the type of team to compete with the upper tier teams, even in our own division. It is my view that teams such as New England, Pitts, Baltimore etc have not only better teams (most people wouldn't dispute that issue) but they also have stronger organizations (most NFL analysts wouldn't dispute that issue either).

If I am off on that observation then tell me where?

JohnC, I don't believe that anyone is missing that facet of your post. It is neither abstract nor difficult to digest. Yes, it is clear that there are currently teams that appear to have a leg up on the Bills moving forward. They do appear on the surface to be both organizationally superior and talent rick beyond the current offerings down in Orchard Park. Fortunately for The Bills, their fans and the NFL as a whole, future success in this league is dynamic and neither success nor failure are assured by current trends, appearances or results.

Seriously... think back to when Ralph Wilson made those remarks. Only six weeks ago, very few of us would have believed that even the limited success The Bills have achieved in that time was possible. The notion of Ryan Fitzpatrick as a QB to build around could not have been even pondered. Now, at the very least, it is a debate worth taking on. The notion of rival teams having superior organizations is similar. Yes, New England has enjoyed a tremendous decade of success, as did the Buffalo Bills of the 1990's. This too shall pass... Who would have believed that the vaunted Bill Belichick defense would EVER find itselft ranked 32 out of 32? Did Tom Brady's exploding knee of 2008 not illustrate how quickly opportunities for success can come and go in this league? The NY Jets are humming along nicely in November 2010. No doubt... But a roster built on All Pro free agents can quickly be torn about by internal strife, aging stars, injuries and quirks of fate. That is a team built for the NOW, not the later. The 2007 Miami Dolphins needed to go to OT to pull out their only win en route to a 1 - 15 season. But they had the fortitude to move forward with a positive attitude and a bit of wildcat creativity for 2008. In doing so, they were prepared to answer when opportunity knocked. There is nothing it that scenario that screams "not available at One Bills Drive".

There will be an unexpected opportunity in 2011 for some AFC team to step forward and be counted. Will it be Buffalo? If they continue on thier current path, there is no reason it cannot be.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them.

I feel that they represent the non-Eternally-Optimistic (7-9 here we come!) Bills fans and their point of view quite often.

You might feel that being down on your team and criticizing them invalidates your "fanhood" but many others disagree.

Also, the way they handle the quality of the average caller to talk radio shows amuses me.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Suspecting that those who strongly oppose them would love a Chris Brown hosted pro-Bills show. I wouldn't really.

:thumbsup:

I like them.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Suspecting that those who strongly oppose them would love a Chris Brown hosted pro-Bills show. I wouldn't really.

Two extremes. Brown would have the Bills doing no wrong and Dope & Lab Dog have them doing nothing right. The rest of us live in teh middle and would appreciate some balance.

Two extremes. Brown would have the Bills doing no wrong and Dope & Lab Dog have them doing nothing right. The rest of us live in teh middle and would appreciate some balance.

I am not of the opinion that S&B have the Bills doing nothing right (although I did used to think that way), but Brad Riter is a good middle ground that you're talking about.......He's not going to talk sports all the time, but he talks about the Bills when I want him to, basically.

So, is that another picture of Green Lightning?