Bills try to steal TE Martin Rucker

Tsaikotic

Damn why couldn't they be asleep at the Wheel! 2 Super Bowl losses and now this!

Damn cowgirls they really hate the Bills.

Rucker would have probably been on the active roster and put on the field for a few plays against the Browns.

I wouldn't call signing someone off a practice squad stealing, but I'm glad they are consistently trying to upgrade the team, even in tiny ways. Rucker had been a good prospect. The Cowboys must have thought he was pretty good, since they obviously had to cut a player to promote Rucker, who was going to be their #3 TE. Even if it was the previous #3 TE.

looks like Buffalo was trying to steal TE Martin Rucker from the Cowboys..but they denied the Bills the chance...to bad..he was one that i was hoping the Bills drafted

Happy to hear that they are even thinking about TE. That is one position that Chan has not been able to get any production from.

If they would have signed Rucker he would have had to dress for the game. Wonder who was getting cut?

Happy to hear that they are even thinking about TE. That is one position that Chan has not been able to get any production from.

If they would have signed Rucker he would have had to dress for the game. Wonder who was getting cut?

McCargo?

PTR

Probably Caulcrick. Although it could have been Martin or Stupar, or even IRing Nelson. Not sure what they would do with 4 TEs but we probably don't need two FBs, as I think Caulcrick was added to the active roster because there was a question of whether McIntyre would be able to play, along with the injury to Spiller. Now that Spiller is back, and McIntyre is healthy, there is no need for the extra FB.

It's guys like Rucker and Chase Coffman who put up huge numbers at TE's at Missouri that just dont' translate into the NFL.

Worth a look, but it's more proof that college numbers typically aren't indicative of success in the NFL. The spread offenses skew a lot.

McCargo?

PTR

McCargo does not dress so cutting him does not solve the problem. I think that the acquired player has to dress? Agree that one of the FBs or a TE would have been a target. Oh well, nothing to be concerned with right now, unless you are on the roster and on the fringe.

I have not since Stupar in a long time.

I too wanted to see us draft him, but in hindsight it turns out to be no big deal as the guy hasn't done squat in the league.

Thats very questionable logic.

He is behind one great TE, one good TE, and the a team that has a log jam at the position chooses to lose someone else instead of him.

That should show you he may be a victim of a crowded roster.

McCargo does not dress so cutting him does not solve the problem. I think that the acquired player has to dress? Agree that one of the FBs or a TE would have been a target. Oh well, nothing to be concerned with right now, unless you are on the roster and on the fringe.

I have not since Stupar in a long time.

I believe they only need to be on the 53 man roster and not the practice squad. Rucker must have been on the Cowboys practice squad.

I believe they only need to be on the 53 man roster and not the practice squad. Rucker must have been on the Cowboys practice squad.

Did you deduce that after reading the link by the OP that stated the "Bills tried to sign Rucker from the practice squad"?

Did you deduce that after reading the link by the OP that stated the "Bills tried to sign Rucker from the practice squad"?

Why so serious? There had been talk about him not getting playing time and being stuck behind others. Wow, I wonder where that came from?

Thats very questionable logic.

He is behind one great TE, one good TE, and the a team that has a log jam at the position chooses to lose someone else instead of him.

That should show you he may be a victim of a crowded roster.

The Cowboys had to cut a 2nd year TE who had done even less than Rucker had. So it wasn't a numbers game.

Bills signed a no name TE off the Jags PS, Mike Caussin. 6'5 250+ rookie from James Madison. Maybe Shawn Nelson is really hurt and will be IR'd.

http://www.nfldrafts...=2010&genpos=TE

Decent mini interview with him. Sounds like the kind of hard worker Nix and Gailey like.

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?action=display&id=220&title=Mike%20Caussin%20Interview

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

2 catches for 17 yards career stats. How could we have not gotten in on that? Fire Gailey!

Lol... C'mon now. How many catches did Stevie J have before this year? How much impact did he have? In order to make something happen you need to get the opportunities. Who knows how good he is or will be, but without a shot we'll never know.

Lol... C'mon now. How many catches did Stevie J have before this year? How much impact did he have? In order to make something happen you need to get the opportunities. Who knows how good he is or will be, but without a shot we'll never know.

I love how some people judge players. What was the win/loss record of the team while you're at it?

PTR