HOF Hockey Writer and Buffalo Icon Jim Kelley has died

theesir

http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article270178.ece

Cancer took him from us much to young. I was shocked to hear the news. I enjoyed reading and listening to him my entire adult life.

May he rest in peace.

The Buffalo News had a gem.

When I left town and saw other sports writers quote him and refer to his work I then realized how good he actually was.

RIP Jim Kelley sad to hear, I didn't even know he was sick. Good writer.

BTW, when I glanced at the thread title I thought 2 people died, a HOF hockey writer AND someone named Jim Kelley because of the closeness of the name to the QB Jim Kelly, I kind of went, WHAT?

Maybe it could be changed to "Buffalo icon, HOF hockey writer, Jim Kelley has passed" or something a little less mis-construable (just a suggestion, that "and" although correct grammar, just lends itself to being a bit un-headline like).

RIP Jim Kelley. My mom passed away from Pancreatic Cancer as well back in June. If anything good can come from his death, it would be awareness. Because the survival rate for PC is only 5%, there are very few survivors to participate in walks or help spread awareness and raise money. Those who are left behind must fight for a cure, money and research. While PC is the fourth leading killer amongst all cancers, it only receives 2% of all federal dollars devoted to cancer research. I am posting a few links below, Sabre fans will be familier with the Lustgarten Foundation, as PC is the cause of choice for Cablevision who owns MSG where you can watch the Sabres broadcasts. I encourage all of you to make a donation in Jim Kelleys honor to one of these causes, even a small one, and think of my mom for me. Thanks and Go Sabres and Go Bills!

Pancreatic Cancer Network

Lustgarten Foundation

PS, I hope that spell check Nazi isnt on tonight, I am not in the mood.

RIP Mr. Kelley!! I hope that your family and friends start to find peace and happiness soon.

p.s. ET1062 your post got me thinking about my mother who is currently going through pancreatic cancer. She has been battling now for over a year. If I may be so rude to ask, How long did your Mother battle her cancer?

Edited by sandiegobillsfan

RIP Mr. Kelley!! I hope that your family and friends start to find peace and happiness soon.

p.s. ET1062 your post got me thinking about my mother who is currently going through pancreatic cancer. She has been battling now for over a year. If I may be so rude to ask, How long did your Mother battle her cancer?

She became Jaundiced in January and passed away in late June. My thoughts are with you and your mother Sandie, never give up hope, she has faught this longer than most and may just be one of those who beat it.