looks like Merriman may indeed be out for the season

dave mcbride

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes for an interesting off-season. If Merriman can't get any legit offers, does he stay another year? Does his relationship with Nix play into a decision? Does this guy have anything left?

PTR

I would love to believe that it is time for the franchise to have some good luck go our way. He doesn't play this year, the offers go down, he does stay with us another year, and we get lucky, the tank is not empty. And if nothing else, he some how manages to flip the switch in Maybin, and we get two good players.

This makes for an interesting off-season. If Merriman can't get any legit offers, does he stay another year? Does his relationship with Nix play into a decision? Does this guy have anything left?

PTR

Promo is asking some good questions. I have to believe if he doesn't play a game this year other teams are going to look at him but want him cheap. He's better off staying here a year to prove he's still a player.

I would love to believe that it is time for the franchise to have some good luck go our way. He doesn't play this year, the offers go down, he does stay with us another year, and we get lucky, the tank is not empty. And if nothing else, he some how manages to flip the switch in Maybin, and we get two good players.

Time to give up on Maybin, dude. The coaching staff has.

What the hey. Keep him on the roster. Bills are 2-0 since the waiver cliam.

You may be onto something. Naive as I am, I thought the wins might have been the product of a team on a 3+ years-long road losing streak and another team on a seven-game losing streak that hasn't beaten the Bills in over two decades.

You may be onto something. Naive as I am, I thought the wins might have been the product of a team on a 3+ years-long road losing streak and another team on a seven-game losing streak that hasn't beaten the Bills in over two decades.

You can believe in whatever you want.

I'm sticking to my theory, because it hasn't been disproven yet.

agreed with you and Promo. It'll keep offers down, we sign him cheap, and we keep him next year. Worst case scenario is that his career is over and we cut him and move on. Having never really lost anything since he wasnt part of the team yet anyways.

very little downside to this entire scenario. very big potential upside. i like having the team in that position.

Well they should probably just IR him and tell him they will make him an offer for next season to come back. Lets face it Merriman might not get another offer from another team. It was worth the gamble even if it didn't pan out seeing as nothing was lost from taking him.

agreed with you and Promo. It'll keep offers down, we sign him on the cheap, and we keep him next year. Worst case scenario is that his career is over and we cut him and move on. Having never really lost anything since he wasnt part of the team yet anyways.

very little downside to this entire scenario. very big potential upside. i like having the team in that position.

Fixed

Well they should probably just IR him and tell him they will make him an offer for next season to come back. Lets face it Merriman might not get another offer from another team. It was worth the gamble even if it didn't pan out seeing as nothing was lost from taking him.

Agreed. It cost less than $2 million and I believe we will get a pick if he is picked up by another team. This may not have worked out, but you have to love the attitude of trying to improve the team.