Even Jay Cutler

BeastMode54

I watched Inside the NFL and Cutler was miked up. He talked avout our defense saying that we were legit, the secondary was good, and we had playmakers. He said our front four was essentially a joke and if we actually had a puss rusher we'd be pretty good. WE NEED A PASS RUSHER. F Maybin!!! I'm sick of our putrid drafting. Anyone else see this?

Almost makes you want to pull aaron schobol out of retirement. I really don't know how well he would have played at OLB though.

And what is still sad is, even if we add a pass rusher, that isn't going to fix our run defense. Then we also have oline woes.... this team needs so much fixing it is ridiculous. this team is going to be frustrating next year. Just hope we don't bottom out.

I watched Inside the NFL and Cutler was miked up. He talked avout our defense saying that we were legit, the secondary was good, and we had playmakers. He said our front four was essentially a joke and if we actually had a puss rusher we'd be pretty good. WE NEED A PASS RUSHER. F Maybin!!! I'm sick of our putrid drafting. Anyone else see this?

Gotta love Cutler, with his self-effacing analysis! :rolleyes:

Duane Edwards has been very disappointing. Wasn't expecting a sack master, but some pressures and an occasional sack would have been nice. Stroud? Stick a fork in him, he's done. Just wasting snaps. It's well past time to get Carrington on the field, coach him up (no more standing straight up).

Hell, the way Stroud has played, maybe even give McCargo a few snaps. Stroud gets no pressure on a QB and it boogles the mind that anyone reallt thought Stroud (washed up at Tackle) would be able to play DE successfully.

This is just one of many needs...LT, QB, LB, DL. The Bills just need to quit whiffing on their draft picks. Pretty simple. My biggest worry is if they win one game, they possibly drop 2 spots in the draft. That would suck. They hurt themselves last year, beating Indy in the last game and winding up with Spiller instead of McClain, assuming they would have drafted the best player at a true need position. Maybe a bad assumption.

Duane Edwards has been very disappointing. Wasn't expecting a sack master, but some pressures and an occasional sack would have been nice. Stroud? Stick a fork in him, he's done. Just wasting snaps. It's well past time to get Carrington on the field, coach him up (no more standing straight up).

Hell, the way Stroud has played, maybe even give McCargo a few snaps. Stroud gets no pressure on a QB and it boogles the mind that anyone reallt thought Stroud (washed up at Tackle) would be able to play DE successfully.

These guys are 3-4 ends for the most part; they're not supposed to get sacks. I think Dwan Edwards has been a pleasant surprise; and Stroud has had his ups and downs at 3-4 end, but I commend him for his effort and great attitude in making the switch.

The real problem is our OLB's; they're horrible and can't rush the passer. That's where we should be getting sacks.

This is just one of many needs...LT, QB, LB, DL. The Bills just need to quit whiffing on their draft picks. Pretty simple. My biggest worry is if they win one game, they possibly drop 2 spots in the draft. That would suck. They hurt themselves last year, beating Indy in the last game and winding up with Spiller instead of McClain, assuming they would have drafted the best player at a true need position. Maybe a bad assumption.

God forbid they try and win.

I really don't think winning 1 or 2 games this year will drop them that much. OK, so if they fall to the 3rd spot, they won't get the best possible player, but they'll get a chance at a pretty darn good one to fill a glaring hole.

I wish all of you would stop whining about the draft position. They'll get whatever they get.

These guys are 3-4 ends for the most part; they're not supposed to get sacks. I think Dwan Edwards has been a pleasant surprise; and Stroud has had his ups and downs at 3-4 end, but I commend him for his effort and great attitude in making the switch.

The real problem is our OLB's; they're horrible and can't rush the passer. That's where we should be getting sacks.

And don't forget out ILB's too. The only LB worth anything on this team is Poz, and he even has his ups and downs.

Our 3-4 ends are not the problem - they're doing their jobs by tying up blockers. It's the LB core that's killing this team right now.

3-4 epic fail

Right... :huh:

The 3-4 is and epic fail because The Bills can't run it well in their 1st year transitioning to it...

Meanwhile the Steelers, Chargers, Jets, and Ravens don't look too awful bad running the 3-4...I think it's got a lot more to do with personnel and who's Coaching it than the Defense itself...

Just saying... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Doesnt really matter if we are in the 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 3-3-5, etc.

There is no pass rush regardless of the defense we are in. We BARELY had one last year, and that barely was Schobel. And now he is gone.

Has nothing to do with scheme, and everything to do with player personnel. Even if we stayed in a 4-3 from last year, who do you see from this team that would be having a "good to decent" year applying pressure? anyone?

lack of a pass rush aside . . .

It worries me that you would listen to anything J Cutler would ever say.

Broken clocks are right . . . .