Wade out in Little "D"

Dr. Trooth

According to ESPN... Wade ain't at the Cowboys facility. Cowboys have a 4pm presser, but supposedly with Wade there.

No surprise. Wade, at best is an interim HC in this league.

Jones ain't gonna lure a high profile coach... unless they're just there for the money. Jerry is the defacto head coach and General Manager. Big names like Cowher & Gruden want control... Jerry ain't gonna hand that over.

Plan on Jerry bringing in another lap dog.

Sound familiar?

Edited by Dr. Trooth

If anything can humble JJ, this season's debacle would do it. He brought in Parcells before, who improved the team before Jones became too meddlesome and drove him away. So the precedent is there.

Maybe Jones finally gets out of his own way and grants cowher or holmgren control. Eh, probably not.

Jones is a younger version of RW, though with more flare for the dramatic. These owners who think they know how to run a team may be good businessman, but people like Mike Brown, Jones, Ralph, Al Davis, and to a lesser degree Bud Adams historically fail.

But many of these men still want to control despite repeated failures. Go figure.

Last night I had SportsCenter on, when my wife came into the room and saw Jerry being interviewed in the locker room after the game. She didn't know who he was or what the situation was, but her first reaction on seeing him and hearing his voice was, "Is he okay? Did he just have a heart attack or something?"

I thought that was awesome, actually.

I think this would signal the end of wade's head coaching career. Was his ugly split with the bills enough to keep him from coming back as D coordinater next season?

I think the answer to that changes depending on Wade's employment status. When he has the Cowboys job, "he'll never come back". When he is unemployed, I bet he'd consider it. :thumbsup:

I think this would signal the end of wade's head coaching career. Was his ugly split with the bills enough to keep him from coming back as D coordinater next season?

He will only be back if the Bills are under new management.

I think the answer to that changes depending on Wade's employment status. When he has the Cowboys job, "he'll never come back". When he is unemployed, I bet he'd consider it. :thumbsup:

Maybe we can build our whole coaching staff around Cowboy castoffs...Dave Campo, Barry Switzer, Mr Extenze? :doh:

At least Wade is proven in how to run a 3-4. He would be a good addition as DC.

Answer to question 1: "you think?"

Answer to question #2: "yes"

Last night I had SportsCenter on, when my wife came into the room and saw Jerry being interviewed in the locker room after the game. She didn't know who he was or what the situation was, but her first reaction on seeing him and hearing his voice was, "Is he okay? Did he just have a heart attack or something?"

I thought that was awesome, actually.

Well, for all his flaws, Jerry is suffering greatly for the embarrassment that his team has become in just 8 weeks. Contrast his very public agita with ol Ralphie. His team is 0-8 and he is nowhere to be found and has nothing in particular to say. Oh wait, he was in Toronto having a nice steak to celebrate his annual whoring of the Bills AND he did last month tell us to sit tight for another 3 years of this.

As for Jones--I'm shocked (shocked!) he may have let Wade go. Why, he just gave him a vote of confidence recentlty. He didn't mean it? Guess he doesn't always say what he means regarding HC's, past or present.

Last week, JJ pronounced Wade will stay through the season. His hand is pretty much forced at the mpment. Wade is also D-coordinator. If he gets fired mid-season, their OC is the heir-apparent. That would mean firing the HC also means firing the OC & DC! They have a much weaker schedule than us. Hopefully they'll nwin a couple more, or 1st pick could come down to the last week of the season -LOL!

Well, for all his flaws, Jerry is suffering greatly for the embarrassment that his team has become in just 8 weeks. Contrast his very public agita with ol Ralphie. His team is 0-8 and he is nowhere to be found and has nothing in particular to say. Oh wait, he was in Toronto having a nice steak to celebrate his annual whoring of the Bills AND he did last month tell us to sit tight for another 3 years of this.

Jerruh is suffering greatly because of the pinch he feels in his wallet. We'll see how full that stadium is come December.

As for Jones--I'm shocked (shocked!) he may have let Wade go. Why, he just gave him a vote of confidence recentlty. He didn't mean it? Guess he doesn't always say what he means regarding HC's, past or present.

He's certainly talked-up every other HC he's had. And yeah, I guess you could consider "I've never fired a HC mid-season before and I don't plan on doing it now" a "vote of confidence."

Jerruh is suffering greatly because of the pinch he feels in his wallet. We'll see how full that stadium is come December.

He hasn't taken the hit yet, but no doubt he's worried. I believe he is genuinely embarrassed, as he feels this team is an extension of him personally. Ralph has no such hangups or concerns. He doesn't even come to Buffalo to calm the peasants. He was too busy counting the Canadian$ and gumming his steak to notice his team losing again on the road---oh, I mean at "home".

He's certainly talked-up every other HC he's had. And yeah, I guess you could consider "I've never fired a HC mid-season before and I don't plan on doing it now" a "vote of confidence."

I'm not sure how else you could interpret it. Hey, maybe a few years from now, when some desperate NFL team picks Wade out of a dumpster, JJ will again be gracious enough to tell us all what mistake it was to fire Wade Philips..