Guys, the difference between the two teams today was obvious.

Speed and talent in the front-seven. Really, it's that simple. Chicago is not very good. Their line is weak, their backs are below-average, their receivers are scrubs, and their QB is Jeff George reincarnate.

The only area in which Chicago fully outclasses the Bills is in its front-seven. Peppers, Harris, Briggs, Uhrlacher, Pisa T, Anthony Adams - these guys are fast, strong, and disruptive. If you're strong on either line, you've got a shot every week. (The Bills have no real talent in either of the trenches.)

I love Luck, if he's there, take him with our upcoming top three pick. If he's not, take the meanest, most unblockable S.O.B. you can find for the front-seven.

Speed and talent in the front-seven. Really, it's that simple. Chicago is not very good. Their line is weak, their backs are below-average, their receivers are scrubs, and their QB is Jeff George reincarnate.

The only area in which Chicago fully outclasses the Bills is in its front-seven. Peppers, Harris, Briggs, Uhrlacher, Pisa T, Anthony Adams - these guys are fast, strong, and disruptive. If you're strong on either line, you've got a shot every week. (The Bills have no real talent in either of the trenches.)

I love Luck, if he's there, take him with our upcoming top three pick. If he's not, take the meanest, most unblockable S.O.B. you can find for the front-seven.

I'd have to agree. Our front seven is horrible. And I want Luck if he declares. If he doesn't, the top 3-4 pass rusher.

Ever heard of Kyle Williams?

Kyle Williams is extremely overrated. Yeah he had a good game today, and he'll have his moments like against KC, but there is no way he is the talent we need. Too often against good rushing teams the middle is wide open for the taking because he's not a 3-4 NT.

Kyle Williams is extremely overrated. Yeah he had a good game today, and he'll have his moments like against KC, but there is no way he is the talent we need. Too often against good rushing teams the middle is wide open for the taking because he's not a 3-4 NT.

There's a planet where people overrate Kyle Williams?

Kyle Williams is a really good player on a bad team. The announcers talk every week how the opposing coaches and QBs worry about Kyle Williams. Every week hes blowing up plays and causing problems. he was throwing offensive lineman around today! If he had any supporting Cast around him he'd be considered on of the best in the league. But he Flushes Cutler outside and Kelsey slips or Torbor Misses a tackle.

Agreed, he's DE in the 3-4 on running plays. Good football player. We don't have enough.

First round really should be the top legit pass rusher in the country LB or DE. No more Maybins... If that's not available get an LT.

I dont agree totally about the Bills O line. they are starting to play a lot better.

Now the D front seven you have Kyle Williams and Poz. After that nothing much but back ups and guys on the decline of their career.

couldn't agree more. We could not get to him even blitzing. Merriman might help that but there are a lot of pages to turn to get to the end of that book

Ever heard of Kyle Williams?

Solid to good player, yet the other names along side him (Stroud, Edwards, etc) don't perform and how can we forget about our LB's (yet they filled much better today on the run plays, Davis was no loss).

Nice to see Coleman get some snaps, but having him rush from a three point stance form the LE position didn't look very promising on the couple plays I watched him on. Not much different than Maybin feeble attempts. Easily engulfed by the LT.

maybe you missed the play where he was triple teamed and drove all 3 blockers back and collapsed the pocket. that in itself lies the problem...the other 6 lineman are so inept, that the offense can afford to triple team are only dangerous lineman.

kyle williams is a beast! there are not too many talented players on this team, try not to nit pick the few contributers we have

I agree. But, there is a reason that this team has Whitner and Maybin and a 4th round pick (Lynch) instead of Ngata, Orakpo, and Jon Beason, and that reason is the worst front office in the NFL. None of those are hindsight picks but rather completely obvious picks everyone thought were coming because they jsut amde too much sense. Heck, they resinged Kelsay for petes sakes! How can anyone expect anythign but lose after lose with the same bunch of retards running the show.

As much as I want Luck to declare and us to go 0-16 to draft him, I just know that they will pass on him for another shittty bust.

I agree. We may actually have better talent if you exclude the front 7.

If Luck is on the board when we draft it will be difficult to pass on him. Once he is off the board you go with the best front seven players, doesn't mater if they are DT, DE, ILB, or OLB ---load up.

We need to bring in some Free Agents too. Our front 7 is shi#.

Edited by Bob in STL

There was way more than one difference in the two teams today. 1. Pass rush, we had none, they chased Fitz all day. 2. The Bears O-Line was criticized all year, but are way better than ours. 3. Cutler made far less mistakes than Fitz did. 4. We have no running backs with any power, Forte ran all over our small defense. 5. They severely out coached us, Gailey through away a crucial timeout with the challenge at the end of the game. 6. They had many more fans than the Bills did-now that is FU'ed considering it was one of our "home" games.

:worthy::thumbsup: Good take! I have to admit though, Poz looked pretty tough near the line of scrimmage, he seemed to react better in this game. And Kyle Williams is a damn good DT, in anyone's front 7. But the rest of them desperately need to downgraded to back ups and/or simply replaced by real NFL athletes.

But despite all that, I do not agree that Luck is the only QB next April that will be "worthy" of our top 1-5 draft choice. (Watching Dallas lose to GB 28-0 before the 2 minute warning as I type this now, it looks like even at 0-8 the Bills will be in a dog fight to secure that top pick.) Mallett, Ponder and Locker should all be considered. Fitz looked really bad today, and he is proving each week he is just a back up QB who might be able to keep the team at 2-2-0 during a 4 game injury stretch by the starter. (Might...I repeat!)

I totally agree.

Agree 100% as well. If the Bills have a decent defense they win at least four of those games this year. When it counts we are incapable of stopping anyone. The offense put up three TDs on three long scoring drives and with a good defense that is enough. That one int is costly but so is the Bryan Scott miss on a pick six and the defense not stopping the Bears after the INT. Your QB moves you on multiple drives and passes for 300 yards and that with a good D wins you games. The problem is.....where do you get a front seven???? That's at least 3-4 more players as I think with better players around them guys like Poz and K Williams get better.

There was way more than one difference in the two teams today. 1. Pass rush, we had none, they chased Fitz all day. 2. The Bears O-Line was criticized all year, but are way better than ours. 3. Cutler made far less mistakes than Fitz did. 4. We have no running backs with any power, Forte ran all over our small defense. 5. They severely out coached us, Gailey through away a crucial timeout with the challenge at the end of the game. 6. They had many more fans than the Bills did-now that is FU'ed considering it was one of our "home" games.

I really don't know what game you were watching. The Bears' line was terrible. Forte did nothing. Cutler was nothing special - he took advantage of some blown coverages but wasn't really asked to do very much.