Fitz and his accuracy (or lack of)

This was the first game i thought to myself we cant win consitently with Fitz. I love the guy as a player and i love his attitude but his accuracy on some throws today was just plain bad. Manning wins this game by 10, Brady wins by 10

We outplayed the Bears but we couldnt connect on some big plays and that killed us. The Defense played well enough to win but Fitz just missed to many times and it cost us.

Maybe Gailey can work with him but right now i dont see anyway you can pass up a franchise qb in the draft

"The Defense played well enough to win but Fitz just missed to many times and it cost us."

Bills defense = 1 interception this season

Bears defense = 11 interceptions this season

Fitzpatrick accounts for what should have been 21 points (touchdown, 2 passing plays bringing them inside the 10). 31 completions for 299 yards.

Is Fitzpatrick supposed to play DB to get himself a freaking interception and a shortened field just once?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt even get a QB with our first pick next year in Fitz keeps up, Fitz is keeping the team in games. His TD/INT ratio is good. Better concistency is desireable. Sure he threw ints at critical times but people seem to forget he was playing high risk passing in most of those.

Anybody questioning Fit'z accuracy should watch the replays of our LT Bell getting beat by all 3 DEs that played against him. watch the last play on the INT. Bell is as useless on offense as Kelsay is on defense. he has to be worst LT in NFL> Totally useless today.

Bell is playing better and appears he will get better. He wasn't the problem today. If you're defending the Great thrwo, poor throw, horrible throw Fitzpatrick, then you weren't watching the games the past three weeks. When it counts, Fitz has a hard time finding the Barn, let alone hit it.

Fitz, again, is the kind of guy that has the intangibles that Johnson, Losman, Edwards can only dream of possessing. Unfortunately, his scatter shot arm (QB's must be consistently accurate) will break hearts as he has done the past three weeks to ours.

I cant believe people are actually blaming Fitz....

- Picking himself off the ground after every play

- Put us in a position to WIN the game

- Wide recievers dropping balls hit to them right in the hand

Improve the protection in front of him.....get him a reliable Tight End option.....and get a pass rush so the offense can get the ball back and create turovers

Fitz's production this year in 2 less games than most NFL QB's matches up to any of the elite QB's in the league..just look at the numbers.

Fitz has made Steve Johnson into a freaking pro bowl caliber receiver. Fitz and this offense have moved the ball up and down the field with ease against some of the better defenses in football (bears, ravens, chiefs), and we all know tehre isn't that much talent on the offensive side - we were lucky to make more than 8 offensive first downs a game before Fitz became QB. Coming into this year, everyone kept saying how the running game was our only bright spot on offense...our running game has been our primary downfall so far this year on offense.

The criticism of Fitz is unwarranted.

Edited by bobobonators

Yes fitz has thrownin some bad balls, but Edwards would of stand in the pocket a took the sack.fitz throws for 250 yards Edwards would of thrown for 89 yards today.

I totally agree. I'm on the side that the Bills aren't even in any of these games without Fitz. He stood in there and made some great throws...but of course, he didn't gget it done in crunch time again. That's whats frustrating. Just one more play out of the O, D or special teams and we could win one of these. Last week vs. KC he hit on a bunch of 3rd down conversions to keep our D off the field.

Bills are alive most a the games because of Fitz quick release.

Dos someone else see that too ?

Absolutely agree...do you think the O-line has miraculously become this good overnight? Fitz knows where he wants to go with the ball and gets it out of there quick. This offense was arguably the worst in the league before Fitz took over, and now we move the ball at will at times against the best defenses in teh league. It's hard to dismiss the turnaround.

Fitz does just enough to be a good QB. But, makes just enough bad throws to not be a very good QB.

To me it's simple: the bills are a horrible team pretty much all-around. This team just isn't good enough to afford to turn the ball over at ALL. Every QB in this league throws INT's and has 1-2 bad throws a game...look at how many bone-headed throws Eli Manning has made in his career..the difference is that QB's on elite teams are picked up by the rest of their team...special teams makes a play...defense makes a big sack/turnover or holds the offense to a FG instead of a TD after the pick. Fitz has near 50 attempts and has 1 turnover and he gets blamed for the loss..well ya, it's definitely partly his fault that we lost, but we would've never been in the game most likely without his stellar play 99% of the other game. At some point, we need other elemnts of our team to help us win a game..and we're not good enough for that yet. So unfortunately for Fitz, he gets the brunt of the criticism b/c for the average fan (not saying you are), it's simply teh easiest recourse to just blame the QB for everything.

To me it's simple: the bills are a horrible team pretty much all-around. This team just isn't good enough to afford to turn the ball over at ALL. Every QB in this league throws INT's and has 1-2 bad throws a game...look at how many bone-headed throws Eli Manning has made in his career..the difference is that QB's on elite teams are picked up by the rest of their team...special teams makes a play...defense makes a big sack/turnover or holds the offense to a FG instead of a TD after the pick. Fitz has near 50 attempts and has 1 turnover and he gets blamed for the loss..well ya, it's definitely partly his fault that we lost, but we would've never been in the game most likely without his stellar play 99% of the other game. At some point, we need other elemnts of our team to help us win a game..and we're not good enough for that yet. So unfortunately for Fitz, he gets the brunt of the criticism b/c for the average fan (not saying you are), it's simply teh easiest recourse to just blame the QB for everything.

I agree with much of your post. And I'm not blaming Fitz in any way. I'd place this loss, once again, squarely on the coaches shoulders - Chan is entirely too pass happy and gives up on the run; Edwards is lost and refuses to get Kelsay off the field.

My point is that Fitz could be a very good QB, if he could improve his accuracy. But, I have no problem with him starting. As far as drafting a new guy... I'd have to wait and see who's available. But, a new QB is far from our biggest need.

Yes you are right, I think the Bills are just too 'so-so' (defensive line, Lbs, offensive line) to overcome a turnover which seems to happens at the worst possible moment of the game.

You can't blame the QB for that.

Beside the fact I really think now (had the conviction (evidence ?) from 2 games ago) that the Bills are really cursed.

There are several truning points in your life, and for the Bills it was the SB XXV and the (yes) Flutie affair.

Edited by Repulsif

I agree with much of your post. And I'm not blaming Fitz in any way. I'd place this loss, once again, squarely on the coaches shoulders - Chan is entirely too pass happy and gives up on the run; Edwards is lost and refuses to get Kelsay off the field.

My point is that Fitz could be a very good QB, if he could improve his accuracy. But, I have no problem with him starting. As far as drafting a new guy... I'd have to wait and see who's available. But, a new QB is far from our biggest need.

ya, i agree with you re: chan. We should've run the ball against KC with time dwindling down in the 4th quarter..we passed. Today, when we were up 19-14, we should've focused on grinding down the clock with our running game. In chan's defense today though, we weren't running the ball successfully at all..but you have to keep on trying at that point.

I cant believe people are actually blaming Fitz....

- Picking himself off the ground after every play

- Put us in a position to WIN the game

- Wide recievers dropping balls hit to them right in the hand

Improve the protection in front of him.....get him a reliable Tight End option.....and get a pass rush so the offense can get the ball back and create turovers

If you read my post you'd know I'm not picking on the guy. He's the best QB we've had in a while. But his one big knock is accuracy. It's going to be hold-your-breath-and-pray on almost every throw.

PTR

Fitz could be a franchise QB if he were more accurate. He has the right attitude and leadership. What kills him is his wild throws. Last in the 4th he underthrew Lee Evans and was picked off. Hit Lee in stride and it's 6. Same with David Nelson. He had an open lane to the endzone but he had to dive back for the a underthrown pass. That 4th down throw to Parrish was thrown too far outside than it needed to be.

PTR

I agree completely and that is why Fitz is a backup in this league. He has kept us in these games only to lose them for us.

We need a QB. Mallet has these same accuracy issues as Fitz so it cannot be him. It has to be Luck. No reason to replace Fitz unless its going to be an upgrade, and Luck is the only upgrade.