Fitz and his accuracy (or lack of)

Fitz's production this year in 2 less games than most NFL QB's matches up to any of the elite QB's in the league..just look at the numbers.

Fitz has made Steve Johnson into a freaking pro bowl caliber receiver. Fitz and this offense have moved the ball up and down the field with ease against some of the better defenses in football (bears, ravens, chiefs), and we all know tehre isn't that much talent on the offensive side - we were lucky to make more than 8 offensive first downs a game before Fitz became QB. Coming into this year, everyone kept saying how the running game was our only bright spot on offense...our running game has been our primary downfall so far this year on offense.

The criticism of Fitz is unwarranted.

It is fully warranted. The criticism is is with his accuracy, especially at crunch time/big play time. See win/loss column.

He's made a number of plays to spark the Bills and that led to points. It's simply due to a lack of consistency in his game, primarily his widely varying accuracy that gets far worse when the marbles are on the line.

I'd love to jump on his band wagon. He's helped make the Bills watchable, but.........until he can lock a game up, he's just another journeyman. Wins folks, wins. He's had 4 real shots this year, and is 0 - 4 with a game on the line.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fitz. he's the perfect QB if only he had consistent accuracy - but he doesn't. When the game is on the line he's as apt to toss a pick as a completion. I say he has earned a spot on the team but he's just not our franchaise guy. On a team with lots of talent he'd win a fair amount of games. But we don't have talent and he cannot carry this team. So TSW, let's quit the extremes. Fitz doesnt suck - period. But he's not the answer - period. He is a great choice to groom our next QB.

Fitz's production this year in 2 less games than most NFL QB's matches up to any of the elite QB's in the league..just look at the numbers.

Fitz has made Steve Johnson into a freaking pro bowl caliber receiver. Fitz and this offense have moved the ball up and down the field with ease against some of the better defenses in football (bears, ravens, chiefs), and we all know tehre isn't that much talent on the offensive side - we were lucky to make more than 8 offensive first downs a game before Fitz became QB. Coming into this year, everyone kept saying how the running game was our only bright spot on offense...our running game has been our primary downfall so far this year on offense.

The criticism of Fitz is unwarranted.

Yea, 0-6, with Fitz being the main reason we lose the game in the 4th qtr. Ironically he is also the reason we are in the game in the 4th Sure I like Fitz's guts, but for some reason winning the game is more important to me.

Edited by Thoner7

Saw the game from the second quarter on and I agree he struggles with his accuracy at times. He also was crunched in a very small pocket or about to get nailed before he threw. He had little to no time today to set up and throw the midrange/long ball and he did a fantastic job of just getting the ball away and I think he gets some slack with the accuracy because of all this. A lot of other QB's would have taken a ton of sacks or throw-away passes today.

With that being said, I realized what Fitzy's problem is that causes the INT's. He needs to put more arc on the ball for some of his intermediate post routes over the middle. Most of the time he does ok with arcing the sideline routes but he always throws a low, direct ball over the middle. That's fine for the slants and outs but any type of post pattern is just asking for a deflection/INT.

He still gets at least 3 more games to show he can be the man in my book. If he's plateaued out, give Brohm a chance in the last 4-5 games.

If Luck doesn't come out I'm ok with Fitzy till the team improves and we find a franchise QB.