Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at it is;

Pick one to be your starting OLB;

Kelsey

Maybin

Marriman Merriman

Thought so...

Fixed it...PS-Wait till the jersey comes out from the Bills store. Don't try and make your own I just saved you some big time embarassment

Agree but big if. Knee problems and not much production since caught using steroids.

I don't like the move, but he had 17 sacks after serving the suspension in 2006 and another 12.5 in 2007. So the steroids-decline argument doesn't wash at all. However, the knee injury-decline argument certainly does. That's his problem - not a lack of steroids. He's been completely ineffective in the 2.5 seasons since the knee injury.

Is there a .00001 chance he is even here next year? If not, looks like a waste

I'd say that the .00001 chance is better than if he didn't get the experience of playing here this year and there was a .00000000000000001 chance he came as an FA next season. Plus there's no cap and it's not my money :D

I don't like the move, but he had 17 sacks after serving the suspension in 2006 and another 12.5 in 2007. So the steroids-decline argument doesn't wash at all. However, the knee injury-decline argument certainly does. That's his problem - not a lack of steroids. He's been completely ineffective in the 2.5 seasons since the knee injury.

That's true. Unfortunately, the steroid use may have contributed to the knee injury and his inability to recover from it.

Ray Lewis Quote about Shawne Merriman:

Lewis said in talking to Merriman he's convinced that the former Pro Bowl pass rusher is hungry to prove himself again.

“Just having conversations with him, I think his thing is just to get back on the field and have fun," Lewis said of the former University of Maryland star and Maryland native. "That’s kind of what I’ve been preaching to him. Don’t worry about nothing else, just come out and play football. Come out and do what you do best, what you’ve been doing since [you were] a child.

"And that’s kind of what he’s truly been reflecting upon, just getting back on the field and establishing himself as a presence again.”

Here is hoping he plays with a real chip on his shoulder for the rest of the year. Hey, theres no real pressure here! He can just go out and do what he does best and enjoy himself! Wishful thinking I know, but here's hoping!

New GM, same dumb ass moves. Lets keep bringing in other teams washouts because the used to be a name and keep sucking. but hey, ralphs cronies read you guys loving these moves so they keep making them and you guys keep flocking to the stadium to fill his pockets

Who cares about how much he's making. Neither of us are writing the checks. Who cares whether he's here or not after this season. For all we know he may like being here and Buddy can get him to sign an extension. He may play bad for all we know and him being here next season doesn't matter.

Is there a .00001 chance he is even here next year? If not, looks like a waste

If he comes in and plays well and shows a glimmer of his old self, then there is zero chance he comes back next season. If he plays like he has the past few years then he could be back and fit right in with the rest of our sub par LB's.

This could be HUGE!

First, they get their outside pass rusher. They get a "mentor" for Maybin. They get a leader that brings fire to the team. Lets hope Glazer is right in this one. BB.com's Chris Brown also put the Glazer report on his blog.

Half an hour to go!

Why do so many on here get so excited on other Teams ****... Merriman was washed up the moment he quit taking Roids, he cant stay healthy and has bad attitude

You lost even before you posted.

Why do so many on here get so excited on other Teams ****... Merriman was washed up the moment he quit taking Roids, he cant stay healthy and has bad attitude

It's already been pointed out that the 2 seasons that followed his steroid bust he produced seasons with 17 and 12.5 sacks--- his knee injury may be related to 'roid use, but his struggles are specifically related to injusy not lack of steroids.

Also, San Diego is kind of a cesspool for negativity, isn't it? Don't the Chargers seem to have an abnormally high number of discontented players? AJ Smith is hated around the league for a reason.

Remember where Buddy came from...he was Asst. GM in San Diego...he has a little insider knowledge and can definitely work the phones to get some information as to Merriman's health. You can bet that this is a very calculated, well informed move either way.

I really dont see how this is a lose situation.....except he might make a play or two and screw up our number one draft pick status

You're right, there is absolutely nothing to lose. We didn't give up a draft pick. There is no cap hit (there is no cap). He is, at least, motivated to play well and prove everyone wrong. We need passrushers. We'll release McCargo to make room. It assures the fanbase that the FO is trying to improve. There is no downside whatsoever, yet the mouthbreathers are in full force...

New GM, same dumb ass moves. Lets keep bringing in other teams washouts because the used to be a name and keep sucking. but hey, ralphs cronies read you guys loving these moves so they keep making them and you guys keep flocking to the stadium to fill his pockets

Hey I think the guys fairly washed up too but these other things you are saying are ridiculous. Ralph Cronies? Reading our posts and reacting? Are you kidding? I don't think you are.... Wow!

I doubt this guy is a shadow of himself from a few years and doubt he will ever stay healthy without the roids but I say go for it. What do we have to lose? What harm can it do-mess up the chemistry of the defense? We are 0-7 and our defense sucks, it cant make it any worse. Anyone who has ever read my posts knows I am far from a Ralph supporter or crony, but thisbteam wont be good for years so maybe he can add a little excitement. Besides who wod you rather watch Merriman or Maybin?

Edited by billsfreak

perfectly played, sir.

Whats Merriman's relationship w/AJ Smith?

Was Merriman waived b/c he's completely spent or was there also an immendable fracture in the relationship? i.e. Tomlinson

Edited by 3 left feet

Whoa...say, aren't we supposed to follow the great Pats...you know like when they brought in Seau, Fred Taylor...etc... :wallbash:

I'm glad it's confirmed. Can't wait to see what he can do.

Schefter: "He has five days to report to Buffalo; plans to for now."

What does he mean "plans to for now"? He reports or he doesn't. What a weird thing to say.