Funny Chris Brown blurb...

Just realized this stat when I was a surveying some numbers related to Stevie Johnson.

Johnson, in the number two receiver role this season has already matched the touchdown total of the man he replaced from last season in just six games. Terrell Owens had 829 yards receiving last year on 55 catches with five touchdowns. He had a sixth TD on an end around rushing.

In fairness to Owens he did have to play in seven more games with Trent Edwards (9) than Johnson did this season (2), and it’s no coincidence that four of Owens’ five touchdowns with the Bills last season came with Ryan Fitzpatrick in the lineup.

Still Johnson’s production to this point (25 rec. 372 yards 5 TDs) is on pace to give him 66 receptions for 990 yards and 13 touchdowns by season’s end.

BAHAHA

link http://blogs.buffalo...duction-vs-t-o/

Edited by cantankerous

Interesting.

You can't really badmouth TO's skill level considering the monster numbers he is putting up this year in Cincinnati. I agree with you in that TO's performance last year was likely an aberration, and was more more due to the offense he was playing in.

It's amazing, the impact that a good scheme and good coaching can have on a player's performance.

good scheme and good coaching absolutly has made a huge impact. But it also helps when your QB isn't a scared guy with no ingame instincts. The fact edwards was SO bad in an offense with a good scheme speaks volumes.

You have hit the nail on the head with this line...Edwards got another chance because Gaily saw a bad scheme last year and hoped he could fix Trent..after 2 games he saw enough.

Interesting.

You can't really badmouth TO's skill level considering the monster numbers he is putting up this year in Cincinnati. I agree with you in that TO's performance last year was likely an aberration, and was more more due to the offense he was playing in.

It's amazing, the impact that a good scheme and good coaching can have on a player's performance.

6 games, 3 TDs with a Pro Bowl QB.

monster

40 receptions for 564 yards (4th most in the league) for a 14.1 average.

monster

That's nice. Had a great game in there somewhere.

What will the Bengals do when TO's gone next year?--- they'll be "without their lead receiver".

We clearly don't miss/need him.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I wasn't a big TO fan. I also don't think we needed to resign him. All that being said, I thought he was a total pro when he was in Buffalo and he was sincere in wanting to come in and contribute. He seemed humble and frankly just positive about his whole stay here.

He obviously taught Stevie Johnson some things. He didn't B word about stuff and I really, really appreciated it when he went off on the sidelines at the Titans game. I was there. The guy was passionate and wanted to win. He seemed to know a good QB in Fitz when he saw one. Something that our coaching staff didn't get.

All in all I was glad he played in Buffalo and am fine with him being gone. I wish him nothing but the best.

Charles

That's nice. Had a great game in there somewhere.

What will the Bengals do when TO's gone next year?--- they'll be "without their lead receiver".

We clearly don't miss/need him.

Athletically TO is a monster, but with as many drops as he has not that great of a receiver. If you watch his games in Cincy he drops them there too! I think the Bengals will draft a couple receivers this year, with some o-linemen. Scoring points hasn't ever been their problem. Defense and protecting Palmer is.

I wasn't a big TO fan. I also don't think we needed to resign him. All that being said, I thought he was a total pro when he was in Buffalo and he was sincere in wanting to come in and contribute. He seemed humble and frankly just positive about his whole stay here.

He obviously taught Stevie Johnson some things. He didn't B word about stuff and I really, really appreciated it when he went off on the sidelines at the Titans game. I was there. The guy was passionate and wanted to win. He seemed to know a good QB in Fitz when he saw one. Something that our coaching staff didn't get.

All in all I was glad he played in Buffalo and am fine with him being gone. I wish him nothing but the best.

Charles

agreed with this whole thing, except my name is Charles :thumbsup:

Yup. TO was a total pro when he was in Buffalo. He's a great player and honestly I think much more highly of him having had him on our team for a year than I did before. I also see that he's not done even though he's old. He's one of the hardest workers in the NFL.

You have hit the nail on the head with this line...Edwards got another chance because Gaily saw a bad scheme last year and hoped he could fix Trent..after 2 games he saw enough.

Maybe so , but IMO , Edwards is just not a game time QB. Edwards lit it up in practice throughout training camp , but when it mattered the most , when he was supposedly fighting for his NFL future , he couldn't perform. Edwards had all the necessary tools required for a QB to succeed except two of the most important and perhaps underrated qualities which are confidence and pocket awareness.

BTW , I will never mention Trent Edwards on this board again , ever.

Edited by stevecana

agreed with this whole thing, except my name is Charles :thumbsup:

Ah a contrarian I see ;-)

Yup. TO was a total pro when he was in Buffalo. He's a great player and honestly I think much more highly of him having had him on our team for a year than I did before. I also see that he's not done even though he's old. He's one of the hardest workers in the NFL.

Yeah, right? I think history will say he is one of the best WRs to play the game. He obviously is emotionally damaged and hopefully that part of his life will get straightened out. The "acting out" that has come out of that stuff will keep him from ever being fully accepted & appreciated.

But I can't find anything wrong with him as a professional. He stays out of legal trouble. Seems to be a good citizen and can be very charming. He also works his a** off.

He is an incredibly insecure human being. But I'm rooting for the guy.

C

Fixed

Yep, Palmer hasn't sniffed the Pro Bowl since 2006. And some people say the Pro Bowl is a total joke.

But TO is on-pace for a 106 catch, 1,500 yard, and 8 TD season. And his 3 TD's lead the Bungles and account for 30% of Palmer's TD passes. Not to mention he has a stud WR opposite him.

monster?

Yep, Palmer hasn't sniffed the Pro Bowl since 2006. And some people say the Pro Bowl is a total joke.

But TO is on-pace for a 106 catch, 1,500 yard, and 8 TD season. And his 3 TD's lead the Bungles and account for 30% of Palmer's TD passes. Not to mention he has a stud WR opposite him.

monster?

Exactly, TO is currently on pace for a monster year further showing how bad our QB and Coaches were last year. Both Fitz and Trent were terrible last year...just because Fitz gave the offense more life then Trent doesnt mean he was any good last season as they both sucked. Another reason why I dont get the Lee hatred at times on here.

Its crystal clear that Buffalo the last 3 years is the place WR's go to kill their careers. Lee is far more talented then he gets credit for and TO is showing just how much better life is with a QB who can get you the ball. Thankfully, Fitz is doing better in this new system and hopefully he can keep it up because now our WR's are becoming relevant again too. More importantly though, we need the O Line to keep playing like it did last week.

monster?

"On-pace for 1500 yards", huh? Well if he does get that many, it will be the first time in his 15 year career! The only time he came close was a decade ago when a guy named Jeff Garcia was his QB.

You clearly are counting on TO having a couple more 220 yard "monster" games to go with the rest of the 40 or 50 yards outings he's put out there this season.

"On-pace for 1500 yards", huh? Well if he does get that many, it will be the first time in his 15 year career! The only time he came close was a decade ago when a guy named Jeff Garcia was his QB.

You clearly are counting on TO having a couple more 220 yard "monster" games to go with the rest of the 40 or 50 yards outings he's put out there this season.

Naw, I don't expect TO to get 106 catches for 1,500 yards. But even 80% of those is a good season for a 36 year old receiver who some claimed was washed-up and blows up teams if he doesn't get wins/TD's, etc. Oh and BTW, he could have gotten close to 1,500 yards in 2007 had he not sat out the season finale, while Garcia hasn't been relevant on the football field since his days with TO.

Naw, I don't expect TO to get 106 catches for 1,500 yards. But even 80% of those is a good season for a 36 year old receiver who some claimed was washed-up and blows up teams if he doesn't get wins/TD's, etc. Oh and BTW, he could have gotten close to 1,500 yards in 2007 had he not sat out the season finale, while Garcia hasn't been relevant on the football field since his days with TO.

So you say he's on pace to get 1500 but you don't believe he will get there. I agree he won't.

Both he and Garcia were Pro Bowlers in 2007.

TO was never about winning. He's about TO's numbers.

So you say he's on pace to get 1500 but you don't believe he will get there. I agree he won't.

I can't predict the future, doc. TO could have another 200 yard game (BTW, Roddy White and Reggie Wayne each have/around a 200 yard game) and get 1,500 yards. The Bengals do play the Browns again, you know. However that wasn't the point.

It's funny how you latched-onto his TD's (which, BTW, lead the Bengals) and ignored the catches, yards, and the fact that he hasn't destroyed yet another team. But no doubt, you believe his 3 TD's in 6 games make him "washed-up," like you claimed his 55 catches for 829 yards in Buffalo's dysfunctional offense last year did. Again, TO can't make his QB throw him TD's/the ball more.

Obviously you haven't seen Garcia's "Pro Bowl" stats from 2007. The only possible explanation for him making it (even as an injury replacement) is fans, players, and coaches wanting to see his former Playmate wife on TV or in person in Hawaii.

As for the winning comment, please. Sure he may not videotape or take steroids or HGH, but he wants to win. As do all great players.

And you know this because you know Owens personally? He seems to want to win...

Just realized this stat when I was a surveying some numbers related to Stevie Johnson.

Johnson, in the number two receiver role this season has already matched the touchdown total of the man he replaced from last season in just six games. Terrell Owens had 829 yards receiving last year on 55 catches with five touchdowns. He had a sixth TD on an end around rushing.

In fairness to Owens he did have to play in seven more games with Trent Edwards (9) than Johnson did this season (2), and it’s no coincidence that four of Owens’ five touchdowns with the Bills last season came with Ryan Fitzpatrick in the lineup.

Still Johnson’s production to this point (25 rec. 372 yards 5 TDs) is on pace to give him 66 receptions for 990 yards and 13 touchdowns by season’s end.

BAHAHA

link http://blogs.buffalo...duction-vs-t-o/

Only T.O. was clearly the #1 last year, Evans was the #2. I think the two situations are pretty different, but if you're going to compare, you should look at Stevie's production this year vs, Evans' last year.

I can't predict the future, doc. TO could have another 200 yard game (BTW, Roddy White and Reggie Wayne each have/around a 200 yard game) and get 1,500 yards. The Bengals do play the Browns again, you know. However that wasn't the point.

It's funny how you latched-onto his TD's (which, BTW, lead the Bengals) and ignored the catches, yards, and the fact that he hasn't destroyed yet another team. But no doubt, you believe his 3 TD's in 6 games make him "washed-up," like you claimed his 55 catches for 829 yards in Buffalo's dysfunctional offense last year did. Again, TO can't make his QB throw him TD's/the ball more.

Obviously you haven't seen Garcia's "Pro Bowl" stats from 2007. The only possible explanation for him making it (even as an injury replacement) is fans, players, and coaches wanting to see his former Playmate wife on TV or in person in Hawaii.

As for the winning comment, please. Sure he may not videotape or take steroids or HGH, but he wants to win. As do all great players.

You are correct, TO just might have another 200 yard game. So what? Look, he hasn't contributed to a playoff win in 8 years and in his most significant playoff appearance (his last one), he couldn't have been happier with the outcome--his great performance in the Eagles losing SB effort.

The fact that he hasn't destroyed another team doesn't mean much--it doesn't (as much as you pretend it does) wash away his history of making a fool of himself, leaving a ton of money on the table, while, getting pushed from one team to the next. Name another HOF WR who has been found to be so expendable by every team he has played for-even the crappy one. Face it, after 15 years, his only fans are a few guys at TSW.

As for HGH, how do you know he has never used? How was he able to defy all medical experts and advice and make it back from a significant leg injury to play in the SB? That's not suspicious, huh?--no, it's a miracle!

Anyway, your non sequitor about Garcia's last of 4 PB appearances speaks for itself. And I doubt TO was interested in seeing a Playboy model in Hawaii or otherwise.

You are correct, TO just might have another 200 yard game. So what? Look, he hasn't contributed to a playoff win in 8 years and in his most significant playoff appearance (his last one), he couldn't have been happier with the outcome--his great performance in the Eagles losing SB effort.

The fact that he hasn't destroyed another team doesn't mean much--it doesn't (as much as you pretend it does) wash away his history of making a fool of himself, leaving a ton of money on the table, while, getting pushed from one team to the next. Name another HOF WR who has been found to be so expendable by every team he has played for-even the crappy one. Face it, after 15 years, his only fans are a few guys at TSW.

As for HGH, how do you know he has never used? How was he able to defy all medical experts and advice and make it back from a significant leg injury to play in the SB? That's not suspicious, huh?--no, it's a miracle!

Anyway, your non sequitor about Garcia's last of 4 PB appearances speaks for itself. And I doubt TO was interested in seeing a Playboy model in Hawaii or otherwise.

Don't look now doc, but TO caught another TD pass, to give him 5 in a little over 6 games. Looks like you'll lose another excuse, just like you lost him not being able to put up monster catches and yards, or blowing up teams.

As for whether he used PED's or not, no one knows. He certainly wasn't caught using any.

The "non-sequitur" about Garcia was anything but. His Pro Bowl nomination was a pure joke based on his numbers that year. And TO wouldn't like Mrs. Garcia because...she's a skank?

Edited by Doc

Don't look now doc, but TO caught another TD pass, to give him 5 in a little over 6 games. Looks like you'll lose another excuse, just like you lost him not being able to put up monster catches and yards, or blowing up teams.

As for whether he used PED's or not, no one knows. He certainly wasn't caught using any.

The "non-sequitur" about Garcia was anything but. His Pro Bowl nomination was a pure joke based on his numbers that year. And TO wouldn't like Mrs. Garcia because...she's a skank?

Yeah, "another TD pass"--a lateral from a DB. Great! Nope, I'll take TOs young replacement, Steve Johnson, who now has TD catches (actual ones) in the past 5 games. Another loss for TO, though I'm sure he's all smiles.

He wasn't caught using HGH??? Well, unless you're as careless with the package pickup as Rodney Harrison, there's no way to get caught with HGH in your system. You knew that, yet brought it up anyway. Go figure.

So now Garcia's wife is a "skank"?? Wow. It's like watching a car accident..........

Another doc argument up in flames by self immolation.

Yeah, "another TD pass"--a lateral from a DB. Great! Nope, I'll take TOs young replacement, Steve Johnson, who now has TD catches (actual ones) in the past 5 games. Another loss for TO, though I'm sure he's all smiles.

He wasn't caught using HGH??? Well, unless you're as careless with the package pickup as Rodney Harrison, there's no way to get caught with HGH in your system. You knew that, yet brought it up anyway. Go figure.

So now Garcia's wife is a "skank"?? Wow. It's like watching a car accident..........

Another doc argument up in flames by self immolation.

Bahahaha! Oh, the irony! You're burned beyond all recognition, doc. TO is still on pace for over 100 catches, over 1,400 yards, and 11 TD's, and nary a sign of "blowing up the team." All you have left now is the laughable "TO doesn't care about winning" drivel. Monster.

Personally I'd rather have TO, Johnson, Evans, and Parrish. But the problem is, none of them play defense or O-line.

As for the HGH thing, should we talk about other teams' WR's (ahem) who have suspiciously come back from injury quicker than expected? And who have a history of cheating?

As for Mrs. Garcia, if it walks like a duck...

Edited by Doc

Bahahaha! Oh, the irony! You're burned beyond all recognition, doc. TO is still on pace for over 100 catches, over 1,400 yards, and 11 TD's, and nary a sign of "blowing up the team." All you have left now is the laughable "TO doesn't care about winning" drivel. Monster.

Personally I'd rather have TO, Johnson, Evans, and Parrish. But the problem is, none of them play defense or O-line.

As for the HGH thing, should we talk about other teams' WR's (ahem) who have suspiciously come back from injury quicker than expected? And who have a history of cheating?

As for Mrs. Garcia, if it walks like a duck...

Now it's 1400, huh doc? What'll it be next Sunday?

If TO cared about winning, he would have stayed on winning teams and made more money than he has. He would have not signed with Buffalo--he would have signed with one of the playoff contenders that were looking to pick him up.....oh, wait.

Again, you can have TO, he'll be available again in early January. If he was still here, Johnson would be wasting on the bench so TO could get him some TO.

You certainly could try to divert the conversation to "other team's WRs" if you are struggling to back up a point you unfortunately raised.

..speaking of which: just to get this on record, it's your opinion that Garcia made the Pro Bowl because players, coaches and others wanted to see his wife in Hawaii---players other than TO, who would not prefer to look at her because she is, you and TO have concluded, is a "skank"?

I gotta say, even for you, this is...just primo stuff.

Edited by Mr. WEO

when your QB would rather run out of bounds for a 2 yard gain on 4th and 14 with no chance of winning the game, and STILL won't throw the ball because he is afraid of an INT, what more can you possibly do...

Now it's 1400, huh doc? What'll it be next Sunday?

If TO cared about winning, he would have stayed on winning teams and made more money than he has. He would have not signed with Buffalo--he would have signed with one of the playoff contenders that were looking to pick him up.....oh, wait.

Again, you can have TO, he'll be available again in early January. If he was still here, Johnson would be wasting on the bench so TO could get him some TO.

You certainly could try to divert the conversation to "other team's WRs" if you are struggling to back up a point you unfortunately raised.

..speaking of which: just to get this on record, it's your opinion that Garcia made the Pro Bowl because players, coaches and others wanted to see his wife in Hawaii---players other than TO, who would not prefer to look at her because she is, you and TO have concluded, is a "skank"?

I gotta say, even for you, this is...just primo stuff.

I don't know what he'll have next Sunday, doc. What's the required statistic du jour? Throw a dart at that dartboard and let me know. All I know is he's top 5 in receiving, just 12 yards behind Miles Austin and his "monster" 2 TD's.

He'd want to stay on winning teams? Like the 49'ers? Like the Cowboys are now? LOL! The only team that applied to was the Eagles and he was having a monster season before they suspended him.

It wasn't TO keeping Stevie on the bench, and unproductive, these past 2 years. I'm glad to see he's finally developing. Unfortunately the Bills are still winless.

The thing about wanting to see Garcia's wife at the Pro Bowl was a joke, doc. Like Garcia's nomination to the Pro Bowl. And also like your insinuation that TO is gay (not even the biggest TO hater, who is sane that is, would make that claim). Whether she's a skank is a matter of opinion, but I'll gladly retract it.

I don't know what he'll have next Sunday, doc. What's the required statistic du jour? Throw a dart at that dartboard and let me know. All I know is he's top 5 in receiving, just 12 yards behind Miles Austin and his "monster" 2 TD's.

He'd want to stay on winning teams? Like the 49'ers? Like the Cowboys are now? LOL! The only team that applied to was the Eagles and he was having a monster season before they suspended him.

It wasn't TO keeping Stevie on the bench, and unproductive, these past 2 years. I'm glad to see he's finally developing. Unfortunately the Bills are still winless.

The thing about wanting to see Garcia's wife at the Pro Bowl was a joke, doc. Like Garcia's nomination to the Pro Bowl. And also like your insinuation that TO is gay (not even the biggest TO hater, who is sane that is, would make that claim). Whether she's a skank is a matter of opinion, but I'll gladly retract it.

I'm sure you'll come up with some stat next week---it's a moving target though isn't it?

No, not "like the Cowboys are now", doc--that wouldn't make much sense for this argument (oh, wait---was that "just a joke" also? Oh, OK. You got a million of em!). I'm talking about the teams he was actually on. The Cowboys were winning teams each year he was there and had 2 playoff years. But alas, no playoff wins with TO. They had to wait until they dumped TO (the very next year) before they would win their first playoff game in a long time. As for Philly, they won exactly zero playoff games with TO as starter. They would win their next playoff game the season after they dumped TO. Even SFO had playoff teams 2 of TOs last 3 years. You're wrong on all counts here.

Are you saying if TO was here, Johnson would be having the same touches as he gets now? Explain that one.

Hey, if your comment about Garcia and the Pro Bowl and his wife is now "a joke" (funny, you didn't make that claim when you repeated it in your last post) and you wish to retract--go right ahead. The same can be said about many of your past arguments and you have retracted soem of those also. Have at it.

I guess it's more clever for you to make a crack about his wife than to face the facts. TO should be sending Garcia a Valentine's day card for life becuase if he was the mediocre QB you claim, TO wouldn't be positioned to enter the HOF when he retires.

Some football players marry models, some get verbally abusedand disrespected by them in public at D-list pseudo-sporting events. Speaking of which, if TO is gay, who cares?---you make it seem like it's some kind of slur against him. Suspecting that he might be is "hating"?? Wow. OK Pat Robertson!

Carry on.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I'm sure you'll come up with some stat next week---it's a moving target though isn't it?

No, not "like the Cowboys are now", doc--that wouldn't make much sense for this argument (oh, wait---was that "just a joke" also? Oh, OK. You got a million of em!). I'm talking about the teams he was actually on. The Cowboys were winning teams each year he was there and had 2 playoff years. But alas, no playoff wins with TO. They had to wait until they dumped TO (the very next year) before they would win their first playoff game in a long time. As for Philly, they won exactly zero playoff games with TO as starter. They would win their next playoff game the season after they dumped TO. Even SFO had playoff teams 2 of TOs last 3 years. You're wrong on all counts here.

Are you saying if TO was here, Johnson would be having the same touches as he gets now? Explain that one.

Hey, if your comment about Garcia and the Pro Bowl and his wife is now "a joke" (funny, you didn't make that claim when you repeated it in your last post) and you wish to retract--go right ahead. The same can be said about many of your past arguments and you have retracted soem of those also. Have at it.

I guess it's more clever for you to make a crack about his wife than to face the facts. TO should be sending Garcia a Valentine's day card for life becuase if he was the mediocre QB you claim, TO wouldn't be positioned to enter the HOF when he retires.

Some football players marry models, some get verbally abusedand disrespected by them in public at D-list pseudo-sporting events. Speaking of which, if TO is gay, who cares?---you make it seem like it's some kind of slur against him. Suspecting that he might be is "hating"?? Wow. OK Pat Robertson!

Carry on.

Yes it's a moving target...for you. After proving he's not "washed-up" with his catches and yards this year, you offered-up that "3 TDs...monster" thing. Once that exploded in your face, all you had left to resort to was the laughable "he doesn't care about winning." Since he (or him caring about it) is solely responsible for it, right? LOL!

Sorry but the Cowboys having a good year the year after TO was cut, and then being almost as bad as the Bills just a year after that, isn't much to hang your hat on. Not that Jerruh doesn't wish he had cut Roy Williams instead and had Austin take his place. Just another in a string of bad decisions by Jerruh.

Face what "facts?" That Garcia deserved to make the Pro Bowl (even as an injury replacement) based on his 2,400 yards and 13 TD's passing in 13 starts? LOL, yeah those are "monster" stats. Not to mention you've called the Pro Bowl a joke, yet now it means something. Classic.

Jeff Garcia, the guy who is playing in the UFL this year, is responsible for TO's HOF career? Bahahahahaha! You've sunk to a new low. And no calling him gay isn't the sign you're a TO hater, doc. That's evident from all your OTHER posts about him. Come on man, that point isn't even debatable!

And it's funny you'd bring up that "model" who lost the competition for them and then proceeded to swear at him, only to have him say "I feel sorry for your boyfriend." Yet another poor example by you in another poorly constructed argument.

Yes it's a moving target...for you. After proving he's not "washed-up" with his catches and yards this year, you offered-up that "3 TDs...monster" thing. Once that exploded in your face, all you had left to resort to was the laughable "he doesn't care about winning." Since he (or him caring about it) is solely responsible for it, right? LOL!

Sorry but the Cowboys having a good year the year after TO was cut, and then being almost as bad as the Bills just a year after that, isn't much to hang your hat on. Not that Jerruh doesn't wish he had cut Roy Williams instead and had Austin take his place. Just another in a string of bad decisions by Jerruh.

Face what "facts?" That Garcia deserved to make the Pro Bowl (even as an injury replacement) based on his 2,400 yards and 13 TD's passing in 13 starts? LOL, yeah those are "monster" stats. Not to mention you've called the Pro Bowl a joke, yet now it means something. Classic.

Jeff Garcia, the guy who is playing in the UFL this year, is responsible for TO's HOF career? Bahahahahaha! You've sunk to a new low. And no calling him gay isn't the sign you're a TO hater, doc. That's evident from all your OTHER posts about him. Come on man, that point isn't even debatable!

And it's funny you'd bring up that "model" who lost the competition for them and then proceeded to swear at him, only to have him say "I feel sorry for your boyfriend." Yet another poor example by you in another poorly constructed argument.

You're right, I don't place much in the validity of the PB, but you do and you made the claim that GArcia was washed up and I simply pointed out that they both made the PB in 2007 (and neither since, obviously). You were incorrect in your statement by your own preferred measure.

As for TO's induction into the HOF, Garcia was responsible for 1/3 of TOs TDs and 30% of his yards, although you and your buddy tend to ignore this fact. No other QB threw him more passes for more yards or more TDs. Simple fact.

I don't "hate" athletes (how old are you anyway?). My opinion of TO has not changed form BEFORE he put on Bills uniform, doc. Great receiver who ruined his legacy as such with juvenile behavior. Why you feel compelled to defend that is for you to explain.

As for model--the fact that you are again pretending to be unaware of is that the incident was a story only because some nobody model bithc*d out TO during an athletic competition--questioned his athleticism actually. THAT was the story--not TO's lame response.

It's funny that you don't remember the event that way. Oh, wait, no it isn't.

You're right, I don't place much in the validity of the PB, but you do and you made the claim that GArcia was washed up and I simply pointed out that they both made the PB in 2007 (and neither since, obviously). You were incorrect in your statement by your own preferred measure.

As for TO's induction into the HOF, Garcia was responsible for 1/3 of TOs TDs and 30% of his yards, although you and your buddy tend to ignore this fact. No other QB threw him more passes for more yards or more TDs. Simple fact.

I don't "hate" athletes (how old are you anyway?). My opinion of TO has not changed form BEFORE he put on Bills uniform, doc. Great receiver who ruined his legacy as such with juvenile behavior. Why you feel compelled to defend that is for you to explain.

As for model--the fact that you are again pretending to be unaware of is that the incident was a story only because some nobody model bithc*d out TO during an athletic competition--questioned his athleticism actually. THAT was the story--not TO's lame response.

It's funny that you don't remember the event that way. Oh, wait, no it isn't.

Sorry but I haven't placed any validity on the Pro Bowl in years. And guys like Garcia making it are a prime example why. Your first post in this thread talked about Palmer being a Pro Bowl QB (even though it was in 2006).

TO's been catching passes and TD's from whoever has been throwing to him. Garcia happened to just be with him the longest (5 years out of TO's 15 years and counting). To make the claim that Garcia is responsible for TO's HOF career is sheer silliness.

I know about the incident from the TV show. TO messed up in the first part of the competition, but the "model" ultimately lost it for them. And then she proceeded to launch into a ridiculous, profanity-laced bitc* (fitting) session blaming him. You obviously missed the hilarity in that sequence.

Sorry but I haven't placed any validity on the Pro Bowl in years. And guys like Garcia making it are a prime example why. Your first post in this thread talked about Palmer being a Pro Bowl QB (even though it was in 2006).

TO's been catching passes and TD's from whoever has been throwing to him. Garcia happened to just be with him the longest (5 years out of TO's 15 years and counting). To make the claim that Garcia is responsible for TO's HOF career is sheer silliness.

I know about the incident from the TV show. TO messed up in the first part of the competition, but the "model" ultimately lost it for them. And then she proceeded to launch into a ridiculous, profanity-laced bitc* (fitting) session blaming him. You obviously missed the hilarity in that sequence.

He's responsible for a large piece of TOs success (more so than any other QB)---for which he was rewarded by TO publicly calling him "gay". His best years were with Garcia. He's not had a stretch like that since. He should thank the guy. Didn't say he was solely responsible. What I said was, if Garcia was mediocre as you say, he wouldn't have tossed TO 50 TDs, and without those TDs, TO isn't a HOF WR. Pretty simple. Oh wait--let me guess, this the part where you say Tim Rattay would have been tossing him all those TDs if not Garcia.

Also, you made the claim that the teams TO "left" were not good teams. I pointed out that this was clearly untrue--they were all playoff caliber teams. Two of them won playoff games after he left (one with...Garcia!). Rather than facing this, you come back with "well the Cowboys suck this year(???)" and some biazrre gibberish about Roy Williams and Jerry Jones.

Keep talking, doc.

He's responsible for a large piece of TOs success (more so than any other QB)---for which he was rewarded by TO publicly calling him "gay". His best years were with Garcia. He's not had a stretch like that since. He should thank the guy. Didn't say he was solely responsible. What I said was, if Garcia was mediocre as you say, he wouldn't have tossed TO 50 TDs, and without those TDs, TO isn't a HOF WR. Pretty simple. Oh wait--let me guess, this the part where you say Tim Rattay would have been tossing him all those TDs if not Garcia.

Also, you made the claim that the teams TO "left" were not good teams. I pointed out that this was clearly untrue--they were all playoff caliber teams. Two of them won playoff games after he left (one with...Garcia!). Rather than facing this, you come back with "well the Cowboys suck this year(???)" and some biazrre gibberish about Roy Williams and Jerry Jones.

Keep talking, doc.

Someone had to throw him all those passes and TD's, doc. Outside of his 50 TD's from Garcia, he has 102 more. And if Garcia was so great, why did his career take a nosedive after his time with TO?

TO left the 49'ers on his own. He was cut by Philly, a team that consistently won before him and after him (TO's comments about McNabb's performance/conditioning in the SB don't seem so bad now, do they?) over a contract dispute which led to ill-will, although TO was the top WR at the time of his suspension. The Cowboys made a mistake cutting him and keeping Roy Williams, which was the point, and now they are one of the worst teams in the league. The Bills decided not to re-sign him. Who knows what the Bengals will do. Your point?

Anything else?

Someone had to throw him all those passes and TD's, doc. Outside of his 50 TD's from Garcia, he has 102 more. And if Garcia was so great, why did his career take a nosedive after his time with TO?

TO left the 49'ers on his own. He was cut by Philly, a team that consistently won before him and after him (TO's comments about McNabb's performance/conditioning in the SB don't seem so bad now, do they?) over a contract dispute which led to ill-will, although TO was the top WR at the time of his suspension. The Cowboys made a mistake cutting him and keeping Roy Williams, which was the point, and now they are one of the worst teams in the league. The Bills decided not to re-sign him. Who knows what the Bengals will do. Your point?

Anything else?

So Rattay (he was the "someone" behind Garcia) would have thrown him 50 TDs? Really? What else can I get you to say?!

The point, at it's most basic, is that you were wrong when you said that the teams TO left were not good. They were regardless of how they are doing 2 seasons later. Come on, doc--the Cowboys made a mistake getting rid of TO??? The guy who replaced him the very next year was as good or better! And you're reaching back 4 years to compare with an event that happened this Sunday to make a point about McNabb? Really? McNabb fell "out of shape" in the 2 weeks laeding up to that SB?? Hey, maybe it was those two extra weeks he had tacked onto a 16 game season (both playoff wins) while TO was hitting the whirlpool for a month or two (and they were winning without him).

He hasn't made a team much (or any better) in many years. The Eagles and Cowboys suffered no let down the season after they wisely dumped him. Indisputable no matter how far you go back to bend your argument. The Cowboys' situation now is not due to the WRs.