Buffalo News Vote For Worst Player In The NFL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this does not get him fired up, I don't know what will - unfortunately, that's not the problem....

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/243070-the-worst-player-in-the-nfl?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

Wow, that's GOT to hurt....I'm wondering if maybe it's a motivation type thing with Maybin. Maybe he just doesn't care now that he got his big payday...

I bet Maybin wishes the Bills still had Edwards and Lynch -- now he's got the wrath of the fan base all to himself.

The guy might go down as the worst draft pick in Bills history, but I'm starting to feel bad for him. I don't think he's lazy or unmotivated. I just think he has no business being on an NFL roster. An undersized guy has a handful of good games in college and suddenly is supposed to be a fixture on an NFL defense -- and at a position he's never played. Absurd.

Fans' wrath should be focused on the people who decided to pick him at #11.

I bet Maybin wishes the Bills still had Edwards and Lynch -- now he's got the wrath of the fan base all to himself.

The guy might go down as the worst draft pick in Bills history, but I'm starting to feel bad for him. I don't think he's lazy or unmotivated. I just think he has no business being on an NFL roster. An undersized guy has a handful of good games in college and suddenly is supposed to be a fixture on an NFL defense -- and at a position he's never played. Absurd.

Fans' wrath should be focused on the people who decided to pick him at #11.

Exactly, this front office sucks bigtime. Bill Polian please come back, we'll let you kick RW in the nutz as much as you want...anything...

Exactly, this front office sucks bigtime. Bill Polian please come back, we'll let you kick RW in the nutz as much as you want...anything...

First of all, Jauron wanted Maybin, not the "front office." Second, everyone involved in the front office the last 10 years or so are gone save for Modrak. So can we finally stop painting the Nix/Wahley regime with the same brush as Levy and Donahoe?

PTR

First of all, Jauron wanted Maybin, not the "front office." Second, everyone involved in the front office the last 10 years or so are gone save for Modrak. So can we finally stop painting the Nix/Wahley regime with the same brush as Levy and Donahoe?

PTR

Proof?

Link?

Probably not, like I thought.

But you are correct on the Nix/Whaley regime-they have only totally blown one draft-so far!

Edited by billsfreak

PTR

Is this fact? If it is, how in the world could the front office be swayed so much by Dick Jauron? I would love an admission by somebody at One Bills Drive - I really would....

Is this fact? If it is, how in the world could the front office be swayed so much by Dick Jauron? I would love an admission by somebody at One Bills Drive - I really would....

Because we didn't have a GM calling the shots in that draft and Jauron had more sway than anyone other than Ralph that day. Jeebuz, it's only been written about 1,200 hundred times in the last two years!

Link 1

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Because we didn't have a GM calling the shots in that draft and Jauron had more sway than anyone other than Ralph that day. Jeebuz, it's only been written about 1,200 hundred times in the last two years!

Link 1

PTR

Your link is just to another poster saying the same thing (sort of) as you--that "Jauron was in the draft room" when they picked Maybin. HC in the draft room---OK.

Where is your link to the first hand reporting of the conversation that took place in the draft room that day? I think that's actually what the other two posters were asking for.

When you are talking a 90 year old man than means kicking him in the ankle right?

Add: Oh yeah Maybin, what a let-down.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Wow, that's GOT to hurt....I'm wondering if maybe it's a motivation type thing with Maybin. Maybe he just doesn't care now that he got his big payday...

Maybin is the classic case on why there should be an entry level contract for rookies. The entry level contract should be for a maximum salary not to exceed $500k per year(?) and not exceed three years. After three years then based on performance the salary could escalate to an appropriate level. If you produce you will be rewarded, if not, then you didn't deserve it.

This benefits veterans who have earned their salaries over the years. It frees money to reward those who have performed well. It also protects teams from 1st round busts like Maybin.

The specifics may change, but the new salary cap for rookies is almost certain to be in the next collective bargaining agreement.

This is from Jerry Sullivan's News column CNN just quoted it.

About the rookie cap it will still be high, no way NFLPA wants it down low. Rookie salaries are now based on Vets at the position already plus bonus.

Everyone in the league plays through college waiting for the pay off in the pros. Plus the career is average of 5-6 years for most players.