Bills on the front page of ESPN NFL!

bizell

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually glad this is being talked about. The Bills organization, not the players (it's not their fault), have put this franchise into this situation. Maybe now, with all the BS that will surround this garbage front office, they will wake up and someone will have some fuggin pride and get this thing going.

I'm glad stuff like this is calling into question some of the crap this front office has created. Now we'll see if the owner really wants this schitt to continue, or he can simply stop it by getting serious about winning some damn games.

Everyone from the owner down to #53 on the roster is being called out. Let's see how they respond. It seems the only thing universally respected about the Bills is their fan base. Us calling them out did no good. Let's see what happens, and who digs down deep, when their colleagues start calling them out. And I'm not talking about getting up off of the canvas this year and winning some games. I'm talking about getting this roster fixed, spending some money, and cutting the deadweight in the front office.

I say bring all of this crap on. YOUR CALL RALPH. Do you like being the laughing stock, or will the Bills have some damn pride and run itself like a real organization?

Edited by Lv-Bills

THIS IS !@#$ING DISGRACEFULL. I DON'T CARE IF THE POWERS THAT BE KICK ME OFF FOR THIS. BUT I'VE HAD IT. BUFFALO NEEDS TO MAKE CHANGES--NOW

!!!!!!!!! IM SICK OF BEING THE JOKE OF THE LEAGUE. GIVE ME A WINNER RALPH. C'MON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic discussion from the days of NFL Europe as well... Can a well gelled, well coached, winning team that tops their league win from a struggling team at the bottom of the NFL that should have more talent and quality onboard.

I'm in the top team from other league can win corner tbh. It's not just a game of pure quality of the players but also a huge part is teamplay and coaching, the winning team has it all their people in the right places yet the loosing team may have more quality but certainly has other issues.

For instance the Amsterdam Admirals team of 2005 would have done well in the bottom half of the NFL for sure. Then again that team had players that made it into the pro bowl 2 years later...

Edited by bladiebla

WOW I cant believe I just read that. It is sad that this is even being talked about. I remember when the lions went 0-16 and that was ugly. I don't remember when the dolphins went 1-15 (i think that was the record) it was this bad in the media.

In 2000, the Chargers finished 1-15, getting their win in week 13. 2007 was Miami, they won in Week 15.

Tim must be real proud of himself for posting that steaming pile of crap.

He's not the first person to write about it.

Edited by Just Jack

We need a front page story on how a 11th grader who writes for their school newspaper could write better and more interesting articles than tim graham. And we were sad to see him whine and take his ball and go home?

We need a front page story on how a 11th grader who writes for their school newspaper could write better and more interesting articles than tim graham. And we were sad to see him whine and take his ball and go home?

You know, I was sitting here wondering whether or not I should keep bothering to slap together the previews. Between this and some of your previous cheapshots at a friend of mine, thanks for making my decision for me. !@#$ it.

Later.

Cheap shot articles from the media = cool.

Cheap shots against the media on a message board = not cool.

:unsure:

I don't really understand that either Yall.

Seems like some criticism towards this article is warranted seeing I am having a hard time finding anything newsworthy about it at all. The Bills are bad and I don't think anyone in the country isn't aware of it, but for some reason it is breaking news to celebrate it with stupid hypothetical situations?

Must be a slow day in the sports news world to waste time putting this piece together. :thumbdown:

wow. there yall go again....machine gunning the messenger. these hypotheticals have always interested sports fans. the article is well written and researched. i especially like the part on the financial calculus involved in nfl decision making that allows recognizable veteran names to be present all over ufl rosters. it supports the argument that winning is less important than the bottom line to some nfl franchises which is an idea oft refuted on this board. wilson is a ufl quality owner with a ufl quality team. he's the one you should be aiming your vitriol at.

Question for the soccer geeks out there..how do the winning teams in the 2nd division(i am not sure what it is called)do when they move up to the EPL?Is is usually the same 6 or so clubs moving between the EPL and getting relegated?

Think that would give you a hint on how this would play out. As someone said,any given Sunday, just like what the Ravens will say when we smack em this week :thumbsup: But, in 10 games Bills would win at least 9

I'm actually glad this is being talked about. The Bills organization, not the players (it's not their fault), have put this franchise into this situation. Maybe now, with all the BS that will surround this garbage front office, they will wake up and someone will have some fuggin pride and get this thing going.

I'm glad stuff like this is calling into question some of the crap this front office has created. Now we'll see if the owner really wants this schitt to continue, or he can simply stop it by getting serious about winning some damn games.

Everyone from the owner down to #53 on the roster is being called out. Let's see how they respond. It seems the only thing universally respected about the Bills is their fan base. Us calling them out did no good. Let's see what happens, and who digs down deep, when their colleagues start calling them out. And I'm not talking about getting up off of the canvas this year and winning some games. I'm talking about getting this roster fixed, spending some money, and cutting the deadweight in the front office.

I say bring all of this crap on. YOUR CALL RALPH. Do you like being the laughing stock, or will the Bills have some damn pride and run itself like a real organization?

I completely agree with your post.

Like Poz said, winning football in Buffalo and this conversation is not even being had.

But what I don't agree with Poz on, is that this Bills team has the talent to succeed and the players just need to try harder, work more, know your assignments, etc. I don't buy it.

There is a huge difference on the field between making a mistake, i.e. knowing your role, and consistently being blown off the ball or knocked out of position due to sub-par talent.

I'm not suggesting Poz is inferior (though if he could somehow get an adamantium skeleton ala wolverine I'd be happier), but our overall team talent is sorely lacking and IS closer to a really good UFL team than a solid NFL franchise.

With Ralph, I think he simply places his trust in bean counters and men who have lost their craft long ago. The men whom I speak of is Tom Modrak, Jim Overdorf, and Jeff Littman. This trifecta of stupidity is what is crippling the franchise. Ralph is what, 91? I'm sure he has more pressing needs and is not physically capable of strangling anyone at OBD. He has to telecommute from Detroit, and trust that Littman and Overdorf are not burning down the franchise.

The sad thing is, Modrak, Littman, and Overdorf have been killing the Bills over time; like death by a million paper cuts. Or a shot-gun buckshot blast to the stomach. They're just letting us bleeeeeed out, this past decade.

And change is not really a good thing when you're 91.

I'd love to know what Jim Kelly has said to Ralph in terms of what needs to be done to change this culture and who needs to go.

the article mentions nfl franchises saving veterans high minimum salaries for reserve positions filled with cheaper, younger players. the bills appear to have extended this to starters. this is an important point, seemingly ignored by most posting on this thread.

Does this article make you realize that ESPN is on a campaign to move the Bills out of Buffalo?

Of course not.

It is item #1,347 in a series of 2,500. Why would it have any more impact on your thoughts than #1,346?

Edited by ieatcrayonz

Does this article make you realize that ESPN is on a campaign to move the Bills out of Buffalo?

Of course not.

It is item #1,347 in a series of 2,500. Why would it have any more impact on your thoughts than #1,346?

yes and espn has much more say in the matter than wilson :wallbash:

This line really struck me…

“there's only about 1,500 jobs in the NFL. There's more than 1,500 guys that can play at the NFL level."

Considering how putrid we are at every position, and figuring HOFers like Kurt Warner have come out of these minor leagues, what is stopping the Bills from signing the UFL All Star Team at the end of the season? What’s the worst that could happen… we become the worst team in the league? Well too late bc we already are. Focus on the younger guys who are getting their chance in what could essentially be viewed as a second Senior college season. Even if they are just depth players they improve our team because we currently have no depth. Heres to signing the UFL All Star Team.

:thumbsup:

Cheap shot articles from the media = cool.

Cheap shots against the media on a message board = not cool.

:unsure:

What was the cheap shot taken by Graham?

Is there something not true in what he wrote?

Did he make up the quotes from Poz or something?

You ultra sensitive homers are really sad. You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch every time someone in the media states the obvious.

Just because you dislike the fact that this years Bills may go down as one of the worst teams of all time, there is no need to shoot the messenger. If anyone deserves your anger, guess who that is? Hint: It isn't anyone in the media.

Just because the Bills are part of the NFL doesn't mean all their players are NFL caliber right now, that they are well-coached, that they know their assignments, that the coaches are NFL caliber, etc. I mean, it's been discussed on this very board how the defense was actually much better last year under Dick and Perry. To quote Adam Schein, "The Bills are a complete disaster. How can they even win a game?"