Bills on the front page of ESPN NFL!

bizell

Tim must be real proud of himself for posting that steaming pile of crap.

I don't think us Bills fans should take this personally. They aren't making fun of Buffalo, they're making fun of a bad team. Could be any city any team. Bills just happen to be the suckiest and they have been for a while. It's to be expected. Like the other poster mentioned, I'm glad people are ridiculing the Bills. You have to hit bottom and maybe then the realization that you suck hits home. Pride kicks in and maybe the owner takes rebuilding the team seriously.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787

I never get mad if anyone takes a cheap shot at T-Bone... :rolleyes:

How about not letting your personal preferences effect how you moderate the board,

Basically telling folks its OK to do something that caused Lori to leave in the first place is brilliant buddy,

What was the cheap shot taken by Graham?

Is there something not true in what he wrote?

Did he make up the quotes from Poz or something?

You ultra sensitive homers are really sad. You shouldn't get your panties in a bunch every time someone in the media states the obvious.

Just because you dislike the fact that this years Bills may go down as one of the worst teams of all time, there is no need to shoot the messenger. If anyone deserves your anger, guess who that is? Hint: It isn't anyone in the media.

If I call Wilson a senile old man, it may be true, but it's still a cheap shot.

Asking stupid hypothetical questions isn't stating the obvious, it's simply stupid. And I'm not particularly angry about the article itself, I was just pointing out how silly it is that there seems to be a "take my toys and go home" mentality when certain media folks get blasted, when in turn they are essentially doing the same thing to a wider audience about athletes, owners, etc.

But hey, if people want to think that the Bills are so putrid that they would lose to a UFL team with washouts that no one wants, keep on believing that. :thumbsup:

WOW I cant believe I just read that. It is sad that this is even being talked about. I remember when the lions went 0-16 and that was ugly. I don't remember when the dolphins went 1-15 (i think that was the record) it was this bad in the media.

There was probably a stupid little story here or there that we didn't pick up on but I still feel like the Bills are getting ripped way worse than the other bad teams in the league in general.

If I call Wilson a senile old man, it may be true, but it's still a cheap shot.

Asking stupid hypothetical questions isn't stating the obvious, it's simply stupid. And I'm not particularly angry about the article itself, I was just pointing out how silly it is that there seems to be a "take my toys and go home" mentality when certain media folks get blasted, when in turn they are essentially doing the same thing to a wider audience about athletes, owners, etc.

But hey, if people want to think that the Bills are so putrid that they would lose to a UFL team with washouts that no one wants, keep on believing that. :thumbsup:

and you continue to miss the point (intentionally or not). the ufl has exposed the fact that teams like the bills could have veterans on the squad that would likely improve the product but they don't, due solely to cost..not cap space, but the bottom line.

and remember that it was once considered ridiculous to put forth the possibility of an afl team beating an nfl team. look what those hypotheticals lead to...

Guest dog14787

and you continue to miss the point (intentionally or not). the ufl has exposed the fact that teams like the bills could have veterans on the squad that would likely improve the product but they don't, due solely to cost..not cap space, but the bottom line.

and remember that it was once considered ridiculous to put forth the possibility of an afl team beating an nfl team. look what those hypotheticals lead to...

You make a good point, it would be very easy to put together a team of experienced veterans many NFL teams deem over the hill that could compete in the NFL against younger less experienced players. Especially with good coaching.

We joked about this last season, the worse team in the NFL plays the best team in the UFL and call it the toilet bowl.

The funny thing about it is, I believe ratings for such a game would be higher then many NFL match ups. If that's the case why not set the game up and allow the two teams participating to gain revenues from it that could help them in the future.

Edited by dog14787

No - you are missing the point sorry to say.

That article in no way "proves" that NFL teams are ignoring "better" talent for the sake of savings. If anything, it's quotes from two guys with a vested interest in seeing the UFL succeed talking up their league. Can't blame them, but it doesn't mean NFL teams are knowingly ignoring veterans who could make their teams better simply to save a few bucks.

The article actually goes so far as to cite the points spread as proof that the Bills are closer to a UFL team (by the way - as bad as the Bills are, do you think any UFL team could go into Foxboro and come as close as the Bills did? Laughable.). The lack of sound reasoning to make an illogical point is astounding.

edit - Yeah there might be some talent in the UFL, I'm not denying that, but you are talking 1 or 2 players per team, not an entire roster.

Edited by yall

edit - Yeah there might be some talent in the UFL, I'm not denying that, but you are talking 1 or 2 players per team, not an entire roster.

mightn't those few players improve the bills? what's stopping any nfl team from signing them if not money?

mightn't those few players improve the bills? what's stopping any nfl team from signing them if not money?

Scouting? System/Scheme? Only 53 roster spots?

I mean, we had no problem signing other players with veteran status. Have you ever thought these guys might be in the UFL because they simply can't cut in anymore in the NFL?

I highly doubt Cleveland is saying "no" to Culpepper simply because he'll cost too much.

The Bills just made a dumb extension to Kelsay. Certainly that didn't save them any money.

I'm not trying to defend the moves the Bills have made, but everyone who thinks this was some earth shattering, poignant article just got lured in by what amounts to a nice advertisement for the UFL. For every Warner and Jackson, there are 51 guys who are doing what they love, but just aren't NFL caliber.

Edited by yall

I'm actually glad this is being talked about. The Bills organization, not the players (it's not their fault), have put this franchise into this situation. Maybe now, with all the BS that will surround this garbage front office, they will wake up and someone will have some fuggin pride and get this thing going.

I'm glad stuff like this is calling into question some of the crap this front office has created. Now we'll see if the owner really wants this schitt to continue, or he can simply stop it by getting serious about winning some damn games.

Everyone from the owner down to #53 on the roster is being called out. Let's see how they respond. It seems the only thing universally respected about the Bills is their fan base. Us calling them out did no good. Let's see what happens, and who digs down deep, when their colleagues start calling them out. And I'm not talking about getting up off of the canvas this year and winning some games. I'm talking about getting this roster fixed, spending some money, and cutting the deadweight in the front office.

I say bring all of this crap on. YOUR CALL RALPH. Do you like being the laughing stock, or will the Bills have some damn pride and run itself like a real organization?

Sadly, If Wilson didn't do anything after being flicked off by one of his fellow owners after the Tennessee game last year, nothing will motivate him. I think it's hopeless. He either does not care other than to make money, or he is too senile to realize what is going on around him. Man, how far we have fallen...Disgusting.......

You can thank Jim fassel for this bull ****. How could he be serous when he said it. its mind boggling.

they are right. quit being pissed at people who are RIGHT about the Bills. The Bills DO suck this badly and YES I bet a couple minor league teams could beat them. You can thank Ralph Wilson for this, but hey he did appologise right? I mean that makes it all better...

BTW As for as Fassel, remember when he interviewed for the Bills HC position. He left disgusted and let it slip how low the salary offer was and he would have little to no control.

they are right. quit being pissed at people who are RIGHT about the Bills. The Bills DO suck this badly and YES I bet a couple minor league teams could beat them...

I would seriously be worried about winning against Oklahoma, Auburn, or Michigan State right now, much less a UFL team.... yes, we are that bad.

I'm actually glad this is being talked about. The Bills organization, not the players (it's not their fault), have put this franchise into this situation. Maybe now, with all the BS that will surround this garbage front office, they will wake up and someone will have some fuggin pride and get this thing going.

I'm glad stuff like this is calling into question some of the crap this front office has created. Now we'll see if the owner really wants this schitt to continue, or he can simply stop it by getting serious about winning some damn games.

Everyone from the owner down to #53 on the roster is being called out. Let's see how they respond. It seems the only thing universally respected about the Bills is their fan base. Us calling them out did no good. Let's see what happens, and who digs down deep, when their colleagues start calling them out. And I'm not talking about getting up off of the canvas this year and winning some games. I'm talking about getting this roster fixed, spending some money, and cutting the deadweight in the front office.

I say bring all of this crap on. YOUR CALL RALPH. Do you like being the laughing stock, or will the Bills have some damn pride and run itself like a real organization?

Sadly, If Wilson didn't do anything after being flicked off by one of his fellow owners after the Tennessee game last year, nothing will motivate him. I think it's hopeless. He either does not care other than to make money, or he is too senile to realize what is going on around him. Man, how far we have fallen...Disgusting.......

+1

We're all looking for the same thing, a good football team that gives an honest and solid effort every Sunday.

IMO, a complete and fact-based chronicling by a national media writer of 'how did we get here' to the point where anybody would even raise the idea of an NFL team being beaten by a UFL team would be a worthwhile endeavor.

Start with the day Polian was let go (and why) and take it from there. Look at the poor drafts, the dysfunctional decision process, the power structure within the organization, ownerships hand in this mess, the loyal but suffering fan base.

Point the spotlight on what's really wrong here rather than ridicule the players. Layout a blueprint for turning it around and hold ownership and management accountable for making it happen.

+1

We're all looking for the same thing, a good football team that gives an honest and solid effort every Sunday.

IMO, a complete and fact-based chronicling by a national media writer of 'how did we get here' to the point where anybody would even raise the idea of an NFL team being beaten by a UFL team would be a worthwhile endeavor.

Start with the day Polian was let go (and why) and take it from there. Look at the poor drafts, the dysfunctional decision process, the power structure within the organization, ownerships hand in this mess, the loyal but suffering fan base.

Point the spotlight on what's really wrong here rather than ridicule the players. Layout a blueprint for turning it around and hold ownership and management accountable for making it happen.

agree completely. was expecting a little of that in the last interview with wilson but he seems a sacred cow to much of the media. i'm sure it would be an interesting story full of outrageous revelations....maybe a book or expose will come out off the keyboard of some brave writer but he/she shouldn't expect any support for it from most of the posters here.

they are right. quit being pissed at people who are RIGHT about the Bills. The Bills DO suck this badly and YES I bet a couple minor league teams could beat them. You can thank Ralph Wilson for this, but hey he did appologise right? I mean that makes it all better...

BTW As for as Fassel, remember when he interviewed for the Bills HC position. He left disgusted and let it slip how low the salary offer was and he would have little to no control.

Actually, I don't remember that. Can you provide some sources for that, please?

You know, I was sitting here wondering whether or not I should keep bothering to slap together the previews. Between this and some of your previous cheapshots at a friend of mine, thanks for making my decision for me. !@#$ it.

Later.

I've been steadfastly on the side that the posting here has become entirely too bitter and that Tim and other distinguished posters here have received more than their fair share. But, come on Lori... this article is definitely a cheap shot and deserves some criticism.

Why not mention the Panthers - they're 0-5 as well? Tim's using betting odds to "quantify" that the Bills are closer to a UFL team? The Bills played the Pats* closer than the Ravens; they led the Jags prior to a second half collapse; they're bad but they're not the worst team in the history of the league (they have 11 more games to prove that). I'm not suggesting that the Bills are a good team and I'm not trying to make excuses for them. They're a young team with completely new offensive and defensive systems and coaches that appear clueless.

I don't see how any Bills fan can read that article and feel a little sad as well as a little pissed at the writer. I'm sorry, but if you write an article equating the Bills to a minor league team and use betting odds and quotes from individuals with a stake in said minor league team as your supporting material; then expect some negative and critical comments.

It's one thing for a writer to state the facts after a bad Bills loss and discuss how poorly they played/looked. It's something entirely different to come out after their bye week and use a pretty weak argument to suggest that they don't even belong in the league. I just can't see defending Tim on this one.

I do hope you'll continue writing your pregames. It's one of the last places a Bills' fan can get a fair and accurate writeup of how the team looked, looks and may look against their upcoming opponent.

Edited by Dan