Prediction: Fitzpatrick Looks Bad Against Baltimore

There are so many things that factor into who we draft, we don't have a clue right now. the biggest factors being:

1) Where we land in the draft

2) What holes we fail to fill in Free Agency

3) How the pro prospects play the rest of the year.

Right now, I think Luck is worthy of a #1 pick, but that can change in a heartbeat. I certainly wouldn't take a LB at 1 if that is where people are leaning.

Right now, a lot of us (inlcuding me) are guessing assuming we get the 1st pick.... which may or not happen. If we somehow go to picking 3rd or 4th, then that will certainly change a lot.

Really, we have no idea how the season will unfold and who we end up with. But if we do get the first overall pick, I almost guarenttee that we will know who we pick by the end of march.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEAAAAASEEEE. Fitz is not a long term answer for this franchise. He's nearly an effective stopgap, and if we do in fact get the number 1 overall pick, we're taking a QB.

So you want to take a gamble on a QB when there really aren't that many Sure things out there and Fitz is emerging?? We need Defensive linemen and Offensive lineman more than we need a QB. You have no clue. Why is Fitz not a long term answer? Please explain. Have you heard of late bloomers.

DL and LB's? We picked up Dwan Edwards, and took 2 D-linemen with our first 3 picks and you still think we'll go d-line with a possible number 1, 2 or 3 draftt pick? What D-lineman is worth that spot in college football right now? Nobodys gonna wanna trade up with us and pay that much money for a player. We're taking a QB. NOTHING wrong with taking a QB and having him sit for a year or 2

A great line makes average QB's look good and all great teams have great lines, on offense and defense.

This week everyone can get a much clearer look at the true Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he will always be a backup. Jacksonville is terrible, and having a good game against the worst secondary in the league doesn't prove much of anything. A solid Baltimore defense is going to put him on lockdown, and his QB rating will fall.

FAIL....FYI you made my sig

Thanks for the info Nostradamus.

Really.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Didn't read the responses yet, but I think we can all agree it's pretty evident at this point that Ryan Fitzpatrick is mediocre at best and not the future of this franchise.

You should probably stop typing what your @$$ tells you to. You're an idiot.

Why don't you tell us again why Kelsay is worthy of an extension? You have the ability to provide football insight equivalent to a yelper monkey. Please delete your account and quit from the internet.

Thank you.

This week everyone can get a much clearer look at the true Ryan Fitzpatrick, and why he will always be a backup. Jacksonville is terrible, and having a good game against the worst secondary in the league doesn't prove much of anything. A solid Baltimore defense is going to put him on lockdown, and his QB rating will fall.

SO MUCH FOR THAT BRILLIANT PREDICTION !! YOU SHOULD JOIN THE NATIONAL MEDIA , ALWAYS JUMPING ON THE BILLS !!!!

Didn't read the responses yet, but I think we can all agree it's pretty evident at this point that Ryan Fitzpatrick is mediocre at best and not the future of this franchise.

Thanks for proving my point, MPL. What's your next username going to be?

Edited by ConradDobler

You are everything an "up-and coming" troll aspires to be.

You should be banned for coming back here and typing what you just did.

'Stupid' is a stinky cologne, you should try and mix it up a bit... <_<

Don't have such kneejerk reactions to a good game. Rob Johnson had nice looking games. Losman and Edwards looked good at times.

He played well today and I was wrong about my prediction, but the Ravens weren't taking the Bills seriously and the Bills came out fired up giving their best effort.

Good on him for playing his heart out. If he keeps playing like this, they will stick with him. When he inevitably falters, I hope the front office can make the right decisions in the draft.

This is fun.

Don't have such kneejerk reactions to a good game. Rob Johnson had nice looking games. Losman and Edwards looked good at times.

He played well today and I was wrong about my prediction, but the Ravens weren't taking the Bills seriously and the Bills came out fired up giving their best effort.

Good on him for playing his heart out. If he keeps playing like this, they will stick with him. When he inevitably falters, I hope the front office can make the right decisions in the draft.

And I quote...

"Fitz’s passer rating was 106.1. It marked the sixth straight game the Bills QB had a passer rating of 80 or more. It’s the longest streak by a Bills QB (min. 20 att.) since Jim Kelly’s 6-gamer to open 1991 season.

Fitzpatrick has also now thrown a touchdown pass in seven consecutive games. It’s the longest streak by a Bills QB since Drew Bledsoe’s 10-game streak to start the 2002 season."

That's not "just one good game".

This whole idea that "well Fitz had a good game, because Baltimore didn't take Buffalo seriously" is ridiculous. Even aside from old Nappy here, there's a few others I've read trolling around using this so called logic. I think most could agree with the stance of waiting and seeing how the remainder of the season plays out to see if Fitz continues to shine. But seriously... you're going to try to take away from the guy's performance because "well... the other team just didn't take us seriously, but just you wait now that teams see this, they'll be more prepared" Really?

This whole idea that "well Fitz had a good game, because Baltimore didn't take Buffalo seriously" is ridiculous. Even aside from old Nappy here, there's a few others I've read trolling around using this so called logic. I think most could agree with the stance of waiting and seeing how the remainder of the season plays out to see if Fitz continues to shine. But seriously... you're going to try to take away from the guy's performance because "well... the other team just didn't take us seriously, but just you wait now that teams see this, they'll be more prepared" Really?

The Bills coming back from a 10 points fourth quarter deficit was totally the Ravens taking it easy on us. So that the other good teams won't think they're so good, and take it easy on them.

Makes perfect sense.

The Bills coming back from a 10 points fourth quarter deficit was totally the Ravens taking it easy on us. So that the other good teams won't think they're so good, and take it easy on them.

Makes perfect sense.

You seriously underestimate the ability of forward thinking for playoff positioning by the Ravens, coaching staff. :rolleyes:

This is interesting. Good game against bad team? Doesn't count. Good game against good team? Doesn't count. What are the precise circumstances we need to get a true appraisal of his performance?

This is interesting. Good game against bad team? Doesn't count. Good game against good team? Doesn't count. What are the precise circumstances we need to get a true appraisal of his performance?

Ballers gonna ball, haters gonna hate.

I think a point many of the Fitz haters miss is that a lot of Fitz supporters STILL want us to draft a good QB.

As one of his biggest critics, I can say that this weeks performance ranks pretty high on the holy **** scale. However, any QB who throws for 4TDs and almost 400 yards against one of the best defenses in the NFL should get respect.

lol

It's flattering you are awaiting all my posts with baited breath, but seriously -

Get off my jock, kid.

First of all MPL, it is BATED breath. Secondly I am 54 years old AND a senior poster on this MB as compared to you. I sniffed your new persona out. Go away, troll.

Edited by ConradDobler

lol

It's flattering you are awaiting all my posts with baited breath, but seriously -

Get off my jock, kid.

Please. I doubt your own mother armed with a microscope could find your jock. Justify it any way you want troll you were dead wrong and if you're gonna throw it out there you're gonna have to take it too.

I'm not a Fitzpatrick lover or hater. All I know is he had a great game on Sunday, against a quality team that didn't lay down, on the road. Throughout the game, the commentators kept bashing the Baltimore game plan, but they scored more points than they usually do. So please, quit with the criticisms. Just admit that Buffalo played a good game on offense.

It wasn't a win, but it was fun to watch.

Okay, Fitzpatrick obviously played a great game. I was wrong.

I still don't believe in him as the future QB of this franchise.

However, as a fan, I can only feel proud of the effort and performance he put out there today.

OK guys he said he was wrong.

I personally do not believe that Fitz is the long term solution but I definitely want him on my team. We should draft a legitimate QB prospect (not a 7th round flyer) and then make the prospect take the job away from Fitz, not hand it to him. The prospect should hold the clipboard for a while and learn from Fitz. Fitz is smart, dedicated, and has great leadership skills.

Fitz is a gamer. We saw it last year. The team responds to him and plays for him. If the blocking can hold up, and if we can plug some holes on the defense we will win a few games this year.

Fitz may not be the "future" of the franchise, but he's proven that he could be a good stand-in while our rookie QB comes up to speed. Even if it has to be for the entire season next year.

If we can add an O-lineman, and improve our defense, Fitz is a serviceable starter until Mallett/Luck/Newton is ready to go.

Fitz is the second highest rated QB in the NFL right now -- behind only Peyton Manning. The sample size is four complete games -- 1/4 of a season -- so there is some reason to believe it's not a fluke.

Go get a new screen name, 'cause this one just lost any remaining shred of credibility.

OK guys he said he was wrong.

I personally do not believe that Fitz is the long term solution but I definitely want him on my team. We should draft a legitimate QB prospect (not a 7th round flyer) and then make the prospect take the job away from Fitz, not hand it to him. The prospect should hold the clipboard for a while and learn from Fitz. Fitz is smart, dedicated, and has great leadership skills.

Fitz is a gamer. We saw it last year. The team responds to him and plays for him. If the blocking can hold up, and if we can plug some holes on the defense we will win a few games this year.

Finally someone that knows what he's talking about. Fitz is playing extremely well right now but let's look for our next franchise QB. :thumbsup:

And, when you inevitably are banned again, I hope the moderators can make the right decisions by making it permanent.

If Fitz performs well in this game, I'll give him the starting job through 2011 while we build up other parts of our team.

If he performs like garbage, then it's back to looking at a QB with our high draft pick.

Looks like Fitz can sleep easy the rest of this season