Anyone else enjoying today?

DarthICE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, in the early sixties there were bye weeks in the AFL and there were only 14 games.

Thanks for that bit of information on the AFL that was something I did not know becuase Iwas born in the early 1960's and every time Iwould ask my dad about the AFL he would yell at me. :thumbsup:

First day in weeks on a sunday I am not stressed, pissed and able to watch some really good, competitive football. Come on guys, I know I am not the only one feeling this way

I watched about an hour of the early game, then went out to mow the lawn and rake leaves in the back yard. Finished up with enough time to see the ends of the early games, then watched the late games. Didn't drop a single F bomb all day. You better watch out, Mr. Wilson, this routine could become habit-forming.

Thanks for that bit of information on the AFL that was something I did not know becuase Iwas born in the early 1960's and every time Iwould ask my dad about the AFL he would yell at me. :thumbsup:

Why would he yell? My dad took me to my 1st game in 1967. I remember a couple of games at the Rockpile. I did go to the last game against Detroit in 1972.

Did some yardwork, cleaned my car, did laundry and played with my little boys. Now I am watching real football between Indy and Washington. The best Sunday I've had since football season started. Too bad the Bills don't have 3 or 4 bye weeks.

I was enjoying it and I agree it was nice not to have to worry about how Buffalo will look today but I couldn't enjoy watching the Patriots win a game that the Ravens had won then gave up in the 4th quarter. Now the Patriots are a legitmate contender and the Ravens are pissed (as if next week's game wasn't already going to be tough enough for us).

Honestly, even when I'm not exactly pleased as punch with the team on the field, I always prefer Sundays with Buffalo Bills football. Stress doesn't really factor into it one way or the other.

(Although, back in 2003, I took it to heart when Ruben Brown literally jumped over a table in an effort to go after Kevin Gilbride. That was the single most frustrating year for me as Bills fan, much more so than 2010.)

Edited by Punch

Why would he yell? My dad took me to my 1st game in 1967. I remember a couple of games at the Rockpile. I did go to the last game against Detroit in 1972.

Because my dad is a old retired army sargent that thinks that any other question thats not about the army is worthless.

First day in weeks on a sunday I am not stressed, pissed and able to watch some really good, competitive football. Come on guys, I know I am not the only one feeling this way

i couldnt agree more. today is the only sunday i have enjoyed since the football season started. this is the only time in my life where i actually enjoyed having a bye week.

I feel that way every Sunday.

I uncharitably suggest that that's because I'm an adult.

DC Tom - :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I enjoy every day, but - truth be told - I'd rather be watching a Bills game on Sundays.

Agreed. I only watched today because of my fantasy teams and it drove home the fact for me that I love the Bills much more than the NFL. If the Bills ever leave Buffalo (God forbid), I'll be watching college football and finding other ways to occupy my Sundays.

Hahaha, I was just thinking the same thing. Instead of getting pissed off at the Bills on TV, I took a nice long walk with my little boy, got some errands done, and generally had a great Sunday. Back to the grind next Sunday I guess. :)

Yep, similar here. At 1 pm, took a bike ride with the fam and a school friend of my daughter's. Ate a nice lunch outdoors.

Bought 2 pairs of slacks for $10 with Kohls coupons. Very relaxing day.

Not with 25K+ posts on one internet site. You're just a child with nothing else to do except post on this site, root on a 0-16 team and insult other Bills fans.

Can you reach bottom...look up...

Most of his posts are over in PPP though, not about the Bills.

If you call writing a three page paper fun. Then yes i'm enjoying today.

I thought all you young kids bought papers off the internets instead of writing them? Back in my day, we couldn't download papers, we had to look in the back of Rolling Stone magazine and call or write for a catalog of papers, then wait for it to be mailed. These were "samples of writing", to "help" you write your own. ;) (Not that I would ever do such a thing)