Another departure

JohnC

I have learned that JW has decided to opt out of TBD. Someone who goes by the name of Chimp resorted to a personal attack (expletive) which got him banned from this board. So now Graham, Lori and JW have all come to the same conclusion that it is not worth their time to participate here.

Whether others agree or not with what they posted they don't deserve to be personally insulted for their views or responses. With their departures TBD is diminished by the loss of their insights and their inside contacts.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have learned that JW has decided to opt out of TBD. Someone who goes by the name of Chimp resorted to a personal attack (expletive) which got him banned from this board. So now Graham, Lori and JW have all come to the same conclusion that it is not worth their time to participate here.

Whether others agree or not with what they posted they don't deserve to be personally insulted for their views or responses. With their departures TBD is diminished by the loss of their insights and their inside contacts.

How does Chimp resort to a personal attack THEN JW gets banned?

Sounds like a set up from Chimp and if you respond with expletive.......well you know! :unsure:

Edited by Another Point of View

How does Chimp resort to a personal attack THEN JW gets banned?

Sounds like a set up from Chimp and if you respond with expletive.......well you know! :unsure:

Sorry for the confusion. My fault. It was Chimp who was banned for his comments. JW walked away on his own.

that's too bad. always thought TG was a bit thin-skinned, but JW was a reasonable poster. oh well.

Thin skinned because he's a professional writer on a fan message board being attacked by a bunch of internet tough guys??? Now JW is gone who used to actually give some great info unlike the idiots who just bash everyone's opinion for being different from theirs...

in a place like this where everybody gets to post, someone who leaves does so on their own. you cant blame one person for forcing somebody out, especially after you ban the alleged antagonizer, that makes no sense - oh the person who hurt my feelings is gone and yet im so weak i cant even take the memory. please

hey, ive left boards many times, but its not one person that pushed me out. its the general personality of the board, and if i dont like that, i leave. simple

If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't be a writer producing opinion pieces for the public to consume.

If you can't handle what happens on an Internet-based message board, you shouldn't post on one.

If you think that someone saying that the opinion pieces you write and produce for public consumption are bad and feel that is "attacking" you, you probably aren't cut out for that line of work.

Don't put yourself in the public eye if you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinions/style/work product. How this is rocket science is beyond me.

There is an ignore feature on this board, right? Because the Bills have sucked so long, it gets frustrating for everyone. Most here are younger and grew up watching the 90's SB team and expect it every year. Those of us that remember the awful product, worse than this team, put on the field in the late 70's and early 80's, might be a little more PC when it comes to voicing our opinions. When an owner comes out and says it will be 3 years before this team is relevant and it's already been 11 years since that team has made the playoffs, tempers are going to soar. But you have to factor all that in and not take it personally or simply ignore that poster...

Edited by ricojes

If you can't handle criticism, you shouldn't be a writer producing opinion pieces for the public to consume.

If you can't handle what happens on an Internet-based message board, you shouldn't post on one.

If you think that someone saying that the opinion pieces you write and produce for public consumption are bad and feel that is "attacking" you, you probably aren't cut out for that line of work.

Don't put yourself in the public eye if you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinions/style/work product. How this is rocket science is beyond me.

Agreed but not in this case... criticism is often valued to writers... what they were receiving was more then criticism... and I don't think it was any sweat off their backs to leave like everyone claims

People that post on Internet-based message boards and who also have very thin skins make for people that don't have a lot of longevity on Internet-based message boards.

It's not about thin skin at all. Seems to me it's about making the rational judgment "why bother posting here just to be insulted?" As these folks are all in the profession of communicating info and publishing stories, they have less to gain from posting here than the board gains from their posts. They already have channels for communicating their thoughts and when they are attacked, it’s not just their post, it’s their profession as well. I would guess all these insiders have to gain is a little appreciation from the fan base; absent that, why bother.

For every one insider with real team knowledge there are probably 100 folks that would rather arrogantly spout of this sucks, that sucks, you’re a moron, you’re a dummy, blah, blah, blah. Every time one of the good ones walks out, the board grows collectively less informative and more argumentative, with the same recycled info lacking any true insight offered by those closer to the team.

It’s a shame, and the pattern seems to be escalating in just the past year or so.

Probably all the other Families will line up against us. That's all right. These things gotta happen every five years or so, ten years. Helps to get rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one. You know, you gotta stop them at the beginning.

There is a difference between disagreeing and personally insulting people. Many here can not understand this.

There is difference between "constructive criticism" or difference of opinion and malicious intent. I'm sure JW didn't come to this expecting not to meet people who didn't agree with him. Its a shame that someone, especially one who has good inside information of the bills, is getting pushed out by someone who feels empowered behind the safety of their keyboard. I understand that its a message board and there are going to be those jerk-offs but when someone is personally attacking you whether its the internet or in person its not right and if he wants to stop contributing because of these people than more power to him. After awhile you get sick of the same people and its not even worth it. Unfortunately it sucks for us because the quality of this board will continue to decline if we keep losing posters like him.

1. Wawrow is not a columnist, and doesn't write opinion pieces.

2. There's a difference between legitimate criticism and personal attacks.

3. The latter are prohibited in the TBD Terms of Service, which some people choose to ignore.

Over 20 has it right: why bother continuing to participate?

1. Wawrow is not a columnist, and doesn't write opinion pieces.

2. There's a difference between legitimate criticism and personal attacks.

3. The latter are prohibited in the TBD Terms of Service, which some people choose to ignore.

Over 20 has it right: why bother continuing to participate?

+1 :thumbsup:

Good to see you are still lurking around here!!