Trent Cut

AllDayADay

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter's report is that the Bills were trying to trade Trent all off-season. Makes me wonder how "undisputed" that actually was.

So they were trying to trade him all offseason AND were handing him the starting QB job?

Sort of like how they were trying to get McNabb while claiming they didn't like McNabb?

If they really didn't like Edwards form the get go, they would have drafted Clausen.

damn you, Cocktosten!

The thing that really makes that song work is the sincere pain and anguish in the singers voice.

I've never watched that video before but at the 1:36 clip Trent's haircut looks exactly like Lloyd Christmas's from Dumb and Dumber.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__FP2yLQxXm0/S6gFlrqopFI/AAAAAAAAFxs/VyCn-2lVu6M/s400/LloydChristmas.jpg

Edited by John Cocktosten

Good move. We don't need any distractions like JP was as long as he was on the roster.

1.) Jim Kelly knows QBs, at least what will work for the Bills. He gave up on TE a long time ago.

2.) Another sad mark against the Marv Levy GM era.

3.) We won't have to see TE ever again try to play in the snow and wind in Buffalo.

I'm not about to defend this organization, however, a player's mental toughness is something that is going to be difficult for a new coaching staff to evaluate. There have been plenty of reclamation projects in the NFL, where new coaches have worked with a discarded player and revived their careers. Not surprised that Chan thought it could work with Edwards, especially after his strong preseason. But Trent's lack of mental toughness was something that Chan couldn't see first hand until the bullets started flying.

:thumbsup:

Lockout will NOT happen. do you have any idea of the financial consequence EVERYONE involved is facing with a lockout? deal will get done at the last minute. Just like all the rookies that hold out in camp. And then it will all be in the past before we know it.

Actually EVERYONE does not have the dire consequences if a lockout occurs. The owners in the last round of TV contracts put in a stipulation that if there is a lockout they will still be paid $4 billion from the TV networks this year. They don't have to pay the players saleries or benefits but still get paid themselves.

That is pretty hefty leverage on their part. The NFLPA did try to have the network money put aside in a trust until all of this is resolved. I think they were unsuccessful in that but I'm not sure.

The bottom line is right now if the players do not give in to the owners demands there will almost certainly be a lockout.

Was I the only one who noticed yesterday that Trent was invisible on the sidelines for the first three quarters, but the minute the game started going sideways for Fitz, there was Trent, right in the picture? (It reminded me of when Flutie wore his helmet during the playoff game that RJ started.) I wouldn't be surprised if the other players and coaches noticed this.

You don't see much of anything that's happening off the field on your television. Don't know what you saw on TV, but I was 11 rows behind the Bills bench on the 45 yard line - Edwards was involved from the beginning to the end and was very visible the entire game, working with the o-line players and coaches on the bench and talking to Fitz between drives. (And I'm anything BUT an Edwards fan.)

Edited by The Senator

I'm not about to defend this organization, however, a player's mental toughness is something that is going to be difficult for a new coaching staff to evaluate. There have been plenty of reclamation projects in the NFL, where new coaches have worked with a discarded player and revived their careers. Not surprised that Chan thought it could work with Edwards, especially after his strong preseason. But Trent's lack of mental toughness was something that Chan couldn't see first hand until the bullets started flying.

I think you made the right observation.

It does seem very Fryesque, going from starter to off the team isn't something you see very often. I wish Trent well, I do feel a little sorry for him. He was drafted by the Bills and got hammered game after game and developed a nervous disorder. He had his share of opportunities to turn it around and he couldn't do it. If he was going to be a distraction in the locker room the move makes sense, it certainly wasn't done for financial reasons. That being said, given our offensive line it is very likely that Brohm will see the field at some point in the season (knock on wood). I guess we will see if he has any upside. Go Fitz.