Trent Cut

AllDayADay

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. If you spend all off season evaluating your QB staff--including every inch of game film from alst season and your judgement all your experience tells you that Trent is your man, then there is something wrong with your judgement.

The guy was the undisputed season opening starter just over two weeks ago. Now he's out of the League??

If only Georgia Tech had beaten Georgia ONCE, we wouldn't have to be dealing with this goof.

Schefter's report is that the Bills were trying to trade Trent all off-season. Makes me wonder how "undisputed" that actually was.

because like every other football coach, our guys said "lets see what WE can do with him". and they gave him his chance, and he showed what he truly is.

THIS ENTIRE YEAR IS A TRYOUT FOR NEXT YEAR.

Funny thing is there might not be a next year...

Lockout seems likely to happen... which is stupid to me ...

Funny thing is there might not be a next year...

Lockout seems likely to happen... which is stupid to me ...

Lockout will NOT happen. do you have any idea of the financial consequence EVERYONE involved is facing with a lockout? deal will get done at the last minute. Just like all the rookies that hold out in camp. And then it will all be in the past before we know it.

I wonder how it'll be viewed around the league? Obviously, there's a new sheriff in town -- but . . .

I know the Bills, at this point in time, don't create much thinking for many of the other teams. Still, this will spark a few conversations.

If Rich Gannon and the Sirius NFL guys are any indication, and I would assume they are, because Gannon floated a few pretty major names out who agreed with him when he was talking about it, then it's viewed poorly. (Of course it is!)

The general consensus seems to be that if you go into a season with a guy after basically giving him the starting job out of voluntaries, and then cut him after three weeks, that there is a major problem in the organization in terms of how they evaluate talent. Gannon then something to the effect of "I think Buffalo has the problem of someone making decisions for the front office who shouldn't be involved with those decisions."

I would assume he was trying to be coy about Ralph Wilson.

A caller called in and suggested that the problem was that Trent Edwards was essentially two different quarterbacks from practice to game time, right down to his attitude. It was agreed that, that was possible, but they then said if that was the case, it fell on the organization to know that and make Gailey aware of that with three years of sample on Edwards. And that not going out and getting Bulger or Claussen when they had the chance probably meant that there was someone in the organization with decision making power who liked Edwards and wasn't willing to give up on him yet.

--

My personal opinion? The Bills should have known before this season that Trent wasn't the answer, but I don't think that there were any options in the draft or in free agency that I really would have gone after. And I, too, still retained some hope that with a new coaching staff and new system, the practice Trent would become the real Trent. But obviously he did not. This is a rebuilding year, and things happen -- wild and crazy things during rebuilding efforts.

I think that the problem with what the rest of the league seems to think is that "The Bills always have all this instability". Well, maybe that's true, but right now the instability is good, because the old guard sucked. We *need* change. This is a lost season in terms of playoff hopes. But it's a season where we evaluate what we have. Trent had nothing. He's gone. Good!

Lockout will NOT happen. do you have any idea of the financial consequence EVERYONE involved is facing with a lockout? deal will get done at the last minute. Just like all the rookies that hold out in camp. And then it will all be in the past before we know it.

I hope you are right, I hope they put in a rookie scale this time. But it could happen, just saying it is a possiblity.

Good luck, Trent. You never boasted about being the best, it wasn't you who told Marv Levy that you'd be the second coming of Joe Montana, that was Bill Walsh. Sorry about the jokes I made about you. Go be a great lawyer or something now. Peace.

I hope you are right, I hope they put in a rookie scale this time. But it could happen, just saying it is a possiblity.

its a samll possibility, sure. but you cant center your rebuilding plan around it. you have to keep going as if it will be business as usual, until it happens.

I feel like I've heard this before :devil:

lol, dont think for one second that was lost on me either. i know its dangerous to say, but i BILLieve in the future with these guys.