Trent Cut

AllDayADay

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was I the only one who noticed yesterday that Trent was invisible on the sidelines for the first three quarters, but the minute the game started going sideways for Fitz, there was Trent, right in the picture? (It reminded me of when Flutie wore his helmet during the playoff game that RJ started.) I wouldn't be surprised if the other players and coaches noticed this.

You are not the only one. In fact, I mentioned this in another post too. If we noticed it, surely some of the other players and coaches had to have also.

Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter

Trent Edwards now will go on waivers, where he'll remain till 4 p.m. ET Tuesday. Any team can claim him or he'll be a free agent.

Bills today announced that the team has released QB Trent Edwards.

Bills had been trying to trade Trent Edwards since off-season. With no one interested, Buffalo decided it was best to release him.

http://twitter.com/#!/Adam_Schefter

I mean WE (the fans) were screaming at the Bills and Gailey to get rid of Trent in the offseason let alone start him the first two games. I was posting on here in August to start Fitz vs. Miami. He just beat the Fish 31-14 last November with the same crap O-line. Jim Kelly has told them that Trent could not play...the media told them that Trent could not play.. but i guess Chan just had to see for himself, lol.

Sometimes, we fans really do know what we're talking about. You watch enough football and have enough of a body of work....you can tell who can play and who can't. Goodbye Trent.

i just said the same thing to my office pals.... never heard of this before

how do people still not understand that they did not try to rebuild to win in just one year. that would have been a ridiculous task given the amount of holes on this team, and would have done nothing more than get us into Salary Cap jail eventually.

this ENTIRE SEASON is a tryout for next year. i bet Brohm starts a few games this season as well.

they gave Edwards his chance, he showed what he is, and now we're moving on.

I'm not about to defend this organization, however, a player's mental toughness is something that is going to be difficult for a new coaching staff to evaluate. There have been plenty of reclamation projects in the NFL, where new coaches have worked with a discarded player and revived their careers. Not surprised that Chan thought it could work with Edwards, especially after his strong preseason. But Trent's lack of mental toughness was something that Chan couldn't see first hand until the bullets started flying.

Please God.... hopefully the Bills release the other Edwards now (GEORGE).... and maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if even the other Edwards (Dwan) followed him out the door.

Lit up for 200 yds. on the ground? By the freakin Patriots? That's a capital offense.

I mean WE (the fans) were screaming at the Bills and Gailey to get rid of Trent in the offseason let alone start him the first two games. I was posting on here in August to start Fitz vs. Miami. He just beat the Fish 31-14 last November with the same crap O-line. Jim Kelly has told them that Trent could not play...the media told them that Trent could not play.. but i guess Chan just had to see for himself, lol.

Sometimes, we fans really do know what we're talking about. You watch enough football and have enough of a body of work....you can tell who can play and who can't. Goodbye Trent.

Stop trying to cure your depression by thinking your 'smart' because Trent got cut. You're still the same person you were before he got cut.

i just said the same thing to my office pals.... never heard of this before

Just becasue we've never heard of it before doesn't make it wrong. Gailey knew what he had here, and he knew Trent was a mess. So preseason was for playing the QB's he had (which wasn't much), and seeing who did the best. But preseason is not much to go by, because no team shows any of their offense or defense during preseason. Even though this is a rebuilding year, there is still pressure to win. This move also sends a message to the team that even though it may be a rebuilding year, jobs are still on the line.

This isn't the NFL of 10 years ago, where the QB position was set from game 1. Example: Andy Reid sitting Kolb in favor of Vick.