Trent Cut

AllDayADay

I don't know if it was the Adrian Wilson hit that derailed his career, but he wasn't the same afterwards. I was hoping he'd finally turn it around this year, but he shot himself in the foot in the first 2 games. Maybe Trent can win an UFL Championship like Losman did?

Can we go out and get a pass-rusher now?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just becasue we've never heard of it before doesn't make it wrong. Gailey knew what he had here, and he knew Trent was a mess. So preseason was for playing the QB's he had (which wasn't much), and seeing who did the best. But preseason is not much to go by, because no team shows any of their offense or defense during preseason. Even though this is a rebuilding year, there is still pressure to win. This move also sends a message to the team that even though it may be a rebuilding year, jobs are still on the line.

This isn't the NFL of 10 years ago, where the QB position was set from game 1. Example: Andy Reid sitting Kolb in favor of Vick.

Get back to us when Kolb is cut.

Was I the only one who noticed yesterday that Trent was invisible on the sidelines for the first three quarters, but the minute the game started going sideways for Fitz, there was Trent, right in the picture? (It reminded me of when Flutie wore his helmet during the playoff game that RJ started.) I wouldn't be surprised if the other players and coaches noticed this.

Were you at the game or are you only going by what the cameras showed?

I hate to see Edwards go. Maybe he was not the man for the job, but I still hate to see him leave. This is the same guy that lead us to 5-0 (or 4 and 0); including a come from behind win. Whereever he lands I wish him well.

Just becasue we've never heard of it before doesn't make it wrong. Gailey knew what he had here, and he knew Trent was a mess. So preseason was for playing the QB's he had (which wasn't much), and seeing who did the best. But preseason is not much to go by, because no team shows any of their offense or defense during preseason. Even though this is a rebuilding year, there is still pressure to win. This move also sends a message to the team that even though it may be a rebuilding year, jobs are still on the line.

This isn't the NFL of 10 years ago, where the QB position was set from game 1. Example: Andy Reid sitting Kolb in favor of Vick.

I wonder how it'll be viewed around the league? Obviously, there's a new sheriff in town -- but . . .

I know the Bills, at this point in time, don't create much thinking for many of the other teams. Still, this will spark a few conversations.

I hate to see Edwards go. Maybe he was not the man for the job, but I still hate to see him leave. This is the same guy that lead us to 5-0 (or 4 and 0); including a come from behind win. Whereever he lands I wish him well.

No no...the JP fanboys must unite now and somehow rejoice over this..remember being right IS the only thing some care about here :o

I don't know if it was the Adrian Wilson hit that derailed his career, but he wasn't the same afterwards. I was hoping he'd finally turn it around this year, but he shot himself in the foot in the first 2 games. Maybe Trent can win an UFL Championship like Losman did?

Can we go out and get a pass-rusher now?

I honestly think it was. He really was never the same since then. I thought he was fine after the San Diego game, but the consecutive losses to Miami and the Jets got his confidence seriously off track and he never recovered.

It's really sad. Good guy from all accounts and it looked like we finally had a legitimate QB. I wish him well.

All of that said, it was the right move to make. Turn the page and look for the next franchise QB....

I would call it being decisive. Chan, the QB savior, probably saw there was nothing to salvage here and probably infuriated that the promise of the pre-season went up in smoke in a matter of 2 games to the point where it became difficult to evaluate the rest of the personnel on offense. Holding on to Trent would serve no purpose and probably drag the organization down.

Nah. If you spend all off season evaluating your QB staff--including every inch of game film from alst season and your judgement all your experience tells you that Trent is your man, then there is something wrong with your judgement.

The guy was the undisputed season opening starter just over two weeks ago. Now he's out of the League??

If only Georgia Tech had beaten Georgia ONCE, we wouldn't have to be dealing with this goof.

Let's see. The guy the coaching staff had all offseason and preseason to evaluate and deemed to be the starting QB is replaced after 2 weeks then cut a week later. Is it any wonder the Bills are an inept franchise?

Really. What was the point of giving him most of the reps in the preseason?!?

I wonder how it'll be viewed around the league? Obviously, there's a new sheriff in town -- but . . .

I know the Bills, at this point in time, don't create much thinking for many of the other teams. Still, this will spark a few conversations.

If the game announcers are any indication, then yes, people are going to start to notice. Even the announcers during the game said this was NOT the same Bills team from the previous 2 weeks. They pointed out how Fitz was more decisive and threw with anticipation.

Nah. If you spend all off season evaluating your QB staff--including every inch of game film from alst season and your judgement all your experience tells you that Trent is your man, then there is something wrong with your judgement.

The guy was the undisputed season opening starter just over two weeks ago. Now he's out of the League??

If only Georgia Tech had beaten Georgia ONCE, we wouldn't have to be dealing with this goof.

You are forgetting the very possible reality that Mr. Gailey was politically forced to start Trent above, say, Fitz.

Really. What was the point of giving him most of the reps in the preseason?!?

because like every other football coach, our guys said "lets see what WE can do with him". and they gave him his chance, and he showed what he truly is.

THIS ENTIRE YEAR IS A TRYOUT FOR NEXT YEAR.