*Sigh* I come to the board and find negative posts about

Steely Dan

142 members have voted

1. 1. The game against the Dolphins today...

• Makes me think the Bills will be very bad this year.
    • Gives me hope that with a few corrections they can be competitive.
    • Other - Explain Please.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have high standards. The Bills offense had less than 100 yards midway through the 4th quarter... Trent had 39 yards passing midway through the 4th qtr...that's pathetic bro.

You do know that the word TEAM and the word OFFENSE mean two different things, right? :rolleyes:

You do know that the word TEAM and the word OFFENSE mean two different things, right? :rolleyes:

It was a pathetic team performance. Outside of some nice secondary play and Kyle Williams, the Defense was terrible too. Let's not make the Dolphins offense out to be the '99 Rams here. They are an average offense with a bad QB. So all things accounted for, it WAS a pathetic team performance

The DOLPHINS did not play well and still beat them. That's pathetic. There were 2 plays that 80% of the time are intercepted and returned for TDs. the Bills were lucky to only lose by 5.

AND don't forget the ball Henne under threw to Marshall by about 8 yards which would have been a TD and then the fact that Marshall dropped it and otherwise would have been a big gain.

Edited by C l u t c H 385

So the doom and gloomers come out in full force due to a five point loss. Evidently to some people there was nothing positive about this game to go on.

Despite this being a loss there is a lot the Buffalo Bills can take away from this game. They were in this game up until the last minute. The running game couldn't get going but TE had a few nice passes during the game. Leodis McKelvin is a player. Roscoe Parrish is a weapon teams can no longer ignore. The Bills seemed to be in better condition in the fourth quarter than the Dolphins.

On defense Poz and Bryan Scott recorded sacks and the D didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher. Although it doesn't show up on the stat sheet Aaron Maybin had a decent game. It's my belief that this team will improve over the season. There might be a setback or two but they will be playing a lot better in sixteen weeks than they did today.

On the bad side it seemed TE went back to checking down too much. The running game didn't amass over 50 yards total. The Dolphins didn't seem too concerned with TE beating them and stacked the line. TE was unable to make them pay for that enough. The O-line didn't help him much today either. Hopefully they will improve quickly. The defense needs a lot of practice. They are the unit that I think will most improve over the season. I will say they weren't as bad as I expected them to be today. If a defense can hold an opponent under 17 points then the team should be able to win, IMO.

Absolutely true. Therein lies the problem with this Bills team. First of all, the Dolphins looked like a really bad team, and we held them under 17 points, and we lost. This does not bode well for the Bills. Going into this game I thought this would be our best chance to pull an upset. Really the only positive that can be taken from this game is that instead of only getting 12 or 13 more chances to pull an upset, it now appears we will have a full 15 more chances to make it happen. Guys - all of the analysts from every major news outlet in the country seem to have been onto something when they predicted the Bills are one of the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the league. We look really really bad.

From an offensive standpoint there was nothing positive to build off of, sorry. The only reason it was a five point loss was because the Dolphins knew they didn't have to score too many points to win. The offense got blown off of the ball so quickly and easily on every play that it was a total cakewalk for Miami. I've never seen anyhing that bad, including last year's team.

Did you watch the games last year...Cleveland/Buffalo??

I do not believe the Bills will sit in the bottom of the cellar this year but I think they also are not a good team. The o-line is still (at best) a project and Trent Edwards has shown that he is not NFL caliber. I was pleased with the play of the Defense though LB'ing is very questionable. Bottom line for me is that until we get an o-line that has talent at the tackles and stays healthy we will be very challenged to win.

I had some optimism after the decent showing during pre-season...now I'm just praying that Green Bay doesn't give us the first triple digit loss in modern NFL history.

From an offensive standpoint, one of the most disheartening games I've ever watched. I know Clev-Buff last year was awful but at least we all knew that was the harbinger of the end of the Jauron era. This time, we were supposed to have a offensive wunderkid in Gailey and we had an offseason to fix the O-line....instead we get Captain Checkdown and this Turnstile Line.

3-4 wins would be amazing with this wretched offense.

The retard rollercoaster is still giving rides, but the ride now has a different theme. DOOM!

cheap shot alert:

i came to the board just now seeing if, as some have alleged, that the Dolphins were still the joke of the AFC East ... :unsure:

jw

Let's not make the Dolphins offense out to be the '99 Rams here. They are an average offense with a bad QB. So all things accounted for, it WAS a pathetic team performance

I agree. For all those praising the defense, wait two weeks and see how they fare against two high powered passing attacks...Green Bay and New England.

The D looked better than I thought. The O looked much worse, I'll have to watch it again and focus on the line, but I think Edwards is the problem. It is to many years of him playing with different people, not to reach that conclusion. He must practice well, but when it counts, he just can't do it.

When you hold a team to 13 points in your own building, you have to win the game. Very disapointing.