The QB is the problem......we all know it!

sven233

Look....we all know it. The QB is the main reason we lost this game. Unfortunately, until we get a QB that is willing to take some chances, knows how to feel a rush and step up into the pocket and deliver the ball on time, we have no chance to win. And before you say it........YES, THERE WAS A POCKET TO STEP UP INTO MOST OF THE DAY TODAY.

I am not saying that the Bills should have drafted a QB in this past draft. in fact, i am glad they didn't as I wanted them to wait until this upcoming draft which has a much better crop of Qbs coming out. But, we need to do something now because this is only going to get wose as the year goes along. Trent has NO IDEA what he is doing and he plays like a scared little girl. Well, that might be an insult to little girls because Trent is far worse. THe Bills would have won this game today if they would have changed QBs in the 3rd Quarter. NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. Either one of our "back-ups" would have won this game for us because they actually THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FREAKING FIELD!!!!!!!

What Trent does not realize is that even if you don't complete the long passes, it will loosen up the defenses so they can't play 8 or 9 guys at the LOS! There were some deep balls called today.....you could tell. But Trent was scared to take the chance. We need a QB that understands the game of football and at least has a high football IQ. Our other QBs may not have more talent, but I know fore sure they understand that they need to do these things. They understand the importance of going down the field. They understand they need to get the ball out on time AFTER STEPPING UP IN THE POCKET INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY FROM IT. They may not complete every pass, but they will change the way the game is played.

Gailey needs to see this now. He has to have a quicker hook for Trent. If Trent does this again next week, he needs to be pulled early. It is not fair to the rest of the team for them to have Trent go out there and embarrass himself and the offense. In fact, Trent was actually wose than his stats show. He had 2 Pick 6's dropped. This game would have been a lot worse against any other team. This needs to be stopped before it gets worse.

Dick Jauron didn't do it soon enough. Gailey has to.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being biased here - I was shocked when Gailey called Edwards his starter. Some of it is just that I thought Brohm looked more promising. But, most of it was that Edwards caved in last year and showed everyone what type of player he is. And, he showed it to Gailey today. You blitz him, put pressure on him and he folds. He is not a Leader of Men. He is cowardly. You can see it so much in his body language. He acts defeated. He has no fire, no toughness. Some of it is just unconscious body communication - but I swear, the guy isn't what an NFL QB should be like. Men aren't going to follow T. Edwards. They are going to stop playing hard if Gailey doesn't see this and rectify it soon. No excuses, and please let's not waste the season with giving him a chance. It's obvious to me - I just can't stand the Bills with Edwards. Even if we were to win the next three games with him as our QB, I'd still think, he's apt to fall apart - and sooner or later he will.

Brian Bohm!

Trent sucked but are you saying we don't need Oline help?

PTR

I don't think anyone is trying to say that, but even with a better o-line, the current QB is still going to make them look bad when teams challenge him all day because they don't have to respect his arm and can just stack the box all day and rush. A good QB can make a mediocre o-line look much better then a good o-line can make a mediocre QB look better. Just look at GB as a great example of that.

Trent sucked but are you saying we don't need Oline help?

PTR

Yeah, not to necessarily defend Trent, but Cornell Green is the worst OT I've ever seen in a Bills uniform, that includes Kirk Chambers. He was terrible, and Edwards had little time to do much. But his decision making needs to be quicker. This is what happens when you neglect the offensive tackles in the draft for 10 f'n years.

:censored::thumbdown::wallbash:

I've reserved judgment on Edwards, was even encouraged by the pre-season, but I'm done. Just cut the cord and bench him. Start Fitz or Brohm. He just cannot play. Starting him leads the team to despair.

My impression of Gailey is that he is not a sentimental man and if a player can't play, he will see it and go in another direction. I hope he has the guts to quit trying with Edwards.

I've reserved judgment on Edwards, was even encouraged by the pre-season, but I'm done. Just cut the cord and bench him. Start Fitz or Brohm. He just cannot play. Starting him leads the team to despair.

My impression of Gailey is that he is not a sentimental man and if a player can't play, he will see it and go in another direction. I hope he has the guts to quit trying with Edwards.

Don't know if Brohm can play, but I know from prior seasons that neither Edwards or Fitz are the answer. Lets find out if Brohm can play....and if not, get a new trio for the next season (notice I did not say next year)

The QB sucks. The O-line sucks. Both of these are true but I think the biggest reason we lost is the coaching. The play calling sucked. It was terrible. I am officially on board with firing Gailey and starting over again. I hated the hire, but was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he showed today that he is not an offensive guru as many of the Kool-Aid drinkers had said. He showed today why he was out of the NFL. Terrible game plan. Terrible play calling. Although now I understand why he has Trent at the top of the QB depth chart, he doesn't like any passes further than 2 yards. Most of the time there was not a receiver running a pattern anywhere downfield. This gameplan was awful. If things do not improve drastically, I really don't see how they expect anyone to go to the games.

Your words to Gailey's ears. This team will go 3-13 if we're lucky w Capt terrible as the QB.