The QB is the problem......we all know it!

sven233

I've reserved judgment on Edwards, was even encouraged by the pre-season, but I'm done. Just cut the cord and bench him. Start Fitz or Brohm. He just cannot play. Starting him leads the team to despair.

My impression of Gailey is that he is not a sentimental man and if a player can't play, he will see it and go in another direction. I hope he has the guts to quit trying with Edwards.

That's the $64,000 question -- will Gailey be able to admit that he made a mistake by starting Edwards and move onto other options?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Edwards had awful pocket awareness today.

Yeah the line was bad but it wasn't like they were collapsed on every play, many times they created enough of a pocket for Trent to make a play but he simply refused or in most cases felt pressure that wasn't there.

It seemed like any flash of white and Edwards flushed out as fast as he could.

I appreciate that Edwards refused to slide on a couple of running plays but I still maintain Trent has never been the same since his Arizona destruction.

He is terrified of a blindside hit.

Yes! He'll never shake the Cap'n Checkdown tag this way. Is he mentally able to feel the pressure and react without abandoning ship? It doesn't seem like it. Kelso made a good point on the radio call today... it would be good to roll him out to cut the field in half, make it simpler for him so he doesn't have to see the whole field. That would also help the batted balls problem.

just some more observations to support the "trent sucks" argument:

first of all the numbers speak for themselves, but even his good throws are uninspiring and dont look like nfl-quality completions. The touchdown to roscoe is a throw anyone who has thrown a football before can complete : a soft, straight toss with no defender in sight. Whens the last time you saw trent complete a post? An out? Even a hitch? Trents completions consist of three types of passes: a check down in the flat, a crossing pattern no deeper than 7 yards, and a toss deep down the sideline. THAT'S IT. The only time he completes a pass other than those types is when he has 6 + seconds and a receiver eventually loses his defender downfield.

He seems to have no idea where his receivers are, and will not throw the ball unless he sees something materialize in front of him first. He has no ability to visualize the play beforehand and therefore cannot make any play that requires timing.

anyone else notice how much telegraphing he did today? he stared down his receiver on every single play, to the point where any other option on the play was completely irrelevant.

For a qb that is praised for his "smarts", he seems to always break the most basic rules of playing quarterback.

Edited by goynahan

I'm sorry, but it's really the ownership and senior management that sucks. This is getting really, really old.

+1!

How anyone could make a serious football assessment and claim that all we need is a better QB and all things will be fine is beyond lunacy.

In fact, it is a series of miscues beginning with Mr. Ralph himself making a wrong wrong wrong football judgment when he made a handshake deal with Jimbo to reward him in his next contract which never happened starts a chain of the foolish and slavish devotion to finding the next savior which has been a key part of fatal decisions since over-reaching for TC, trading for Hobert and locking up a fatal amount of cap space into RJ and Flutie which is as close to a single cause if you want to try to identify A problem.

This is not an endorsement of TE (whom I think is too injury prone to rely upon even if one thinks Gailey has a demonstrated record of winning with bad QBs) but a simple recognition that this team needs a lot more than a different QB in order to win.

Actually, the O-Line was the main reason we lost. QB was the secondary reason. There were situations where Miami rushed four and they got to Trent right away and sacked him. We have the worst starting tackle tandem in the league.

I was at the game it was 9 on six because they know Edwards won't throw it. Until we fix the QB problem the O-line will look terrible.

Trent sucked but are you saying we don't need Oline help?

PTR

Clearly, we need both PTR. It is funny though when people like myself and many others here stated these fact many people here would attack us for our thoughts.

Point is this regime chose not to upgrade our qb and ol. It was never more evident then today.

Disappointing game. It almost felt like the same old Bills. Makes me wanna puke.

Everyone blames the QB because he is the focal point of any offense

In truth it was the entire offense that failed, The QB..the O line, the head coach with a bad game plan, bad play calls, bad scheme, bad protections

I think Gailey is trying to do to many jobs as HC and OC

The team still needs 2 tackles, a decent blocking TE

Everyone blames the QB because he is the focal point of any offense

In truth it was the entire offense that failed, The QB..the O line, the head coach with a bad game plan, bad play calls, bad scheme, bad protections

I think Gailey is trying to do to many jobs as HC and OC

The team still needs 2 tackles, a decent blocking TE

Good point Rabbit, it was a poor showing on many accounts. TE played scared and looked very bad. No denying that. Just when I had a glimmer of hope of his preseason preformance. When it counts he whiffs again. The guy just doesn't appear to be able to function well under pressure. However, he had lots of contibuting factors to aid him. The OL was quite bad. The tackles were really bad. Green sucks big time and Bell wasn't much better. Collasping ends. Wood, Levitre, and Hartg weren't much better. Overall, they were overpowered and overmatched. Some threee headed monster? Without the OL opening holes the RB will do very little. I think we have forgotten the basics. A QB, RB, and WR needs a solid OL to showcase their skills.

Gailey's preformance had to be one of the most disappointing. I never expected him to look like Dick Juaron on the sidelines. It was deja vu all over. He looks confused and lacked any creativity as well. However, as I stated before a coach needs players and clearly we lack quality players. He gets a big fat "f" for his preformance today.

Also, I couldn't help but watch the game and notice that the Fins aren't a very good football team. IMHO, they weren't impressive and yet they pretty much "handled us."

I know it is only one game but it seems like the writing is on the wall. I think it's going to be a long long season.