Nelson is an impressive individual

MrNix

Guys like Nelson must feel like life isn't fair. Here's a kid who will be contributing right from Day 1. You expect 1st round picks to be able to do that, but he will miss out on the multi-million dollar signing bonus.

PTR

He might, yeah, but if he ends up being what a lot of us think he might be... he'll make that back in time, and then some (although, likely with another team, as the Bills don't keep good players, right? ;))

Guys like Nelson must feel like life isn't fair. Here's a kid who will be contributing right from Day 1. You expect 1st round picks to be able to do that, but he will miss out on the multi-million dollar signing bonus.

Maybe, but it's all relative. While it might not be fair to Nelson, he at least gets to make $325K this year to play a game. So for a lot of people, where Nelson is at isn't fair.

Guys like Nelson must feel like life isn't fair.

I don't know about that. He seems really amped up. I think he's going to make more money than 99% of his college graduates their first year out, with the job potential to be a top 2% earner if he does well. I mean think about the payment incentive in the NFL, it's pretty intense. Not to mention, he's not working 12 hours a day at a corporate law firm, but rather playing football.

PTR

You know, it's really all about the attitude that you bring to life.

No matter what our circumstances are, all of us can look up from our daily lives and find reasons to be bitter, ungrateful, or feel like the world owes us more than what we have (i.e., in the NFL this would be like a Jason Peters). Or, we can choose to count our blessings and be thankful. Obviously, Nelson is one of the latter and not the former. And the Bills are better off for it - these are the guys you want on your team!

:thumbsup:

Not to mention, he's not working 12 hours a day at a corporate law firm, but rather playing football.

I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but you make it sound like the kid is just sitting around all week, then cashing a paycheck.

I'm sure he, and all undrafted rookies for that matter, have put in their share of 12+ hour days of strength an conditioning, film study, and playbook study, just for a chance to beat the odds and make an NFL roster.

I'm really glad Nelson made the team, but even if he didn't, he certainly had a promising fallback career as an Barack Obama stand-in. :w00t:

Speaking of big cats, he reminded me a bit of Tiger Woods (no jokes please) as I watched the video.

David Nelson is quickly becoming a fan favorite, both on and off the field .... I, like most of you, hope he becomes a star in this league for a long time. Time will tell, but he seems to have the drive, abilities, and intelligence to make it.

Can't wait 'til next Sunday!

For some reason when I was watching the video I flashed back to Willis McGahee. The man was utterly unlistenable-to.

So there appears to be at least one wide-range upgrade in the personnel department: the Bills now seem to sign guys with at least half a brain.

David Nelson is quickly becoming a fan favorite, both on and off the field .... I, like most of you, hope he becomes a star in this league for a long time. Time will tell, but he seems to have the drive, abilities, and intelligence to make it.

Can't wait 'til next Sunday!

Right on! :thumbsup:

PTR

Contributing in pre-season and contributing in real games is two different things. If Nelson comes out and get 50 catches and 4-6 TD's for 600-800 yards that's another story. So far the guy has zero NFL catches and while its stupid that high draft picks get really big bonuses but to say Nelson has done anything meaningful for this team to the point were its unfair is overrating what he has contributed.

I'm really glad Nelson made the team, but even if he didn't, he certainly had a promising fallback career as an Barack Obama stand-in. :w00t:

Speaking of big cats, he reminded me a bit of Tiger Woods (no jokes please) as I watched the video.

:lol:

I thought the same things.