Calloway Cut

AllDayADay

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be pissed at the Bills for failing and refusing to add depth to their offensive line during the offseason. That's hardly a "crusade." Despite it being their weakest position by far, they drafted 2 offensive linemen. One of them they've already cut, and the other one looked significantly overmatched before getting injured. And the only FA addition of note, Cornell Green, has looked absolutely horrible.

We are one injury away from total, epic disaster along the front five. There is no depth whatsoever. Incredibly, they let two quality depth players (Incognito and Scott) walk away for no reason, and those two were promptly scooped up by far more competent organizations.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

You do realize that these players like Incognito and Scott had to want to sign with the Bills? Whose to say that wasn't an option for them and they said no? I personally think you are getting a little upset over nothing. We can't fill every need in one year. There are and will be a lot of them for the next couple of years.

You do realize that these players like Incognito and Scott had to want to sign with the Bills? Whose to say that wasn't an option for them and they said no? I personally think you are getting a little upset over nothing. We can't fill every need in one year. There are and will be a lot of them for the next couple of years.

Wasn't Incognito an ERFA?

Hope it was injury-related, or it's yet another draft day mistake by this unaccountable FO.

And btw, with Wang injured, that means there are no draft picks helping this year's offensive line. What a crock.

Sure there is, his name is CJ Spiller...oh sorry, you were in "over-reaction-meltdown mode," as you were.

I am not sure who is in the over-reaction mode

Please read his post before you reply. He said "no draft picks helping this years OL", not the offense. Unless you have figured out some convoluted way to says presence of CJ Spiller will make a difference on the OL.

Im very surprised, thought this guy had a lot of potential. Looks like Kirk Chambers lasts another year.

I'm surprised Calloway got cut, especially this early. It sounded like he was doing well in camp and could add depth at G and T.

Chambers sucks. I pray they can find someone on the scrap heap to replace him.

We should be pissed at the Bills for failing and refusing to add depth to their offensive line during the offseason. That's hardly a "crusade." Despite it being their weakest position by far, they drafted 2 offensive linemen. One of them they've already cut, and the other one looked significantly overmatched before getting injured. And the only FA addition of note, Cornell Green, has looked absolutely horrible.

We are one injury away from total, epic disaster along the front five. There is no depth whatsoever. Incredibly, they let two quality depth players (Incognito and Scott) walk away for no reason, and those two were promptly scooped up by far more competent organizations.

Steelers, yes. Dolphins, no. As far as competent organizations. I still think that Parcells is running them into the ground. They are still benefiting from Saban being there. I said earlier in the off-season (even made a post about it) o-line depth is our weakest area. A lot of people didn't believe me, I hope it doesn't come to that, because that would mean we would have some injuries.

I agree 100%. My threads have been titled: "Lack of OT's Kills Bills Again" and "Worst Tackle Tandem in the NFL" . I have been saying since summer that Nix screwed this team for the year before it started by not addressing the biggest weakness on the offense. I get responses like "you cant fix everything" which is BS when there's no cap and we have a low payroll and don't have to pay Schoebels 8mil. No excuse for not shoring up our Oline this year. If CORNHOLE is the best we could do we deserve an "epic disaster" end to a promising season.

Here's the OL that are left. I bolded what I think are the current starters or players that will definitely be retained on the 53-man. I think Cordaro Howard has a real shot to be the backup guard. Keeping Wang even though untested vs. Chambers. Thoughts on that?

75 Allen, Sean OL 6-3 305 22 R East Carolina

77 Bell, Demetrius OL 6-5 307 26 2 Northwestern State

73 Chambers, Kirk OL 6-7 315 31 6 Stanford

61 Gaddis, Christian OL 6-1 300 25 2 Villanova

74 Green, Cornell OL 6-6 315 34 9 Central Florida

63 Hangartner, Geoff OL 6-5 301 28 6 Texas A&M

79 Hennessey, Nick OL 6-5 291 24 1 Colgate

68 Howard, Cordaro OL 6-4 314 23 R Georgia Tech

67 Levitre, Andy OL 6-2 305 24 2 Oregon State

69 Meredith, Jamon OL 6-5 304 24 2 South Carolina

76 Ramsey, Andre OL 6-5 322 23 2 Ball State

71 Wang, Ed OL 6-5 301 23 R Virginia Tech

66 Watkins, Jason OL 6-6 325 25 1 Florida

70 Wood, Eric OL 6-4 315 24 2 Louisville

You can't make the practice squad until after the last cut day. You could lose him since that cut day isn't until next week.

It's not an uncommon strategy to "hide" someone you would like to put on the PS by putting them in the first round of cuts. We'll see if it's true in this case, and if so, if it works...

Many people just don't want to hear it. You know how it goes. I took heat for years for not supporting selections such as Whitner and McKelvin. You pay this price for going against the flow. Now, Jauron is a defensive backs assistant and Marv is somewhere twiddling his thumbs, but many people don't like to admit that the team has been managed in an idiotic fashion. C'est la vie.

The good news is that as much as the OL sucks (no OTs), they did draft big guys on defense. They scrapped the tampa-2 and the GM and Head Coach cannot be as bad as Levy/Jauron. Seriously, the possibility doesn't exist.

If the Bills allocate their best resources to positions like QB, OT and DE, they will eventually be good. If they use them on DBs, RBs, and one dimensional WRs, they will continue to suck.

In any event, you are making sense to me.

There is always a reason. You just don't know what they are. Nor should you. If you know so much go put in a resume and get a job in the front office so we can

reap the benefits of your vastly superior scouting and GMing skills. LoL

There is always a reason. You just don't know what they are. Nor should you. If you know so much go put in a resume and get a job in the front office so we can

reap the benefits of your vastly superior scouting and GMing skills. LoL

There are numerous posters on this board (not including myself) who could have done a much better job building this team than the misfits Mr. Wilson retained. One need not be a Harvard or Yale Grad to know something about building and coaching a football team.

Just ask Levy/Jauron.

I am not sure who is in the over-reaction mode

Please read his post before you reply. He said "no draft picks helping this years OL", not the offense. Unless you have figured out some convoluted way to says presence of CJ Spiller will make a difference on the OL.

I understand the literal sense of the post, but . . .

Doesn't Spiller's presence help the O-Line? The Defense has to focus on him and are less able to spend energy, effort and thinking on the other aspects of the offense, i.e. rushing the passer. Spiller means Defenses can't just come across the line hell-bent . . . that definitely gives the O-line help doing their job! Spiller's ability to change direction and be at full speed in an eye-blink means less time that a block needs to be held and still be effective. It's exactly why a playmaking RB helps a passing game. Spiller's versatility creates stress against all aspects of an opposing D's efforts.

Edited by Sabre Bill

There are numerous posters on this board (not including myself) who could have done a much better job building this team than the misfits Mr. Wilson retained. One need not be a Harvard or Yale Grad to know something about building and coaching a football team.

Just ask Levy/Jauron.

Don't buy the "proof by tenure" arguments. It doesn't apply to the players; so why would it have any more weight for coaches and front office types?

REALITY TIME

We cut a 7th round draft pick. Pick number 216. This is not a big deal. He will probably end up on our Practice Squad anyway.

Did you notice in game 1 that Cordaro Howard, an undrafted rookie free agent, started at RG instead of Calloway? Calloway was also behind Christian Gaddis and Nick Hennesey and Andre Ramsey ... all of which have been on our PS for a year already. Wang is probably behind too. Don't be surprised to see him get cut.

We cut 1 nobody but we have 3 or 4 other nobody's that are even better. Relax.

Edited by Bob in STL