Bears need a backup to Cutler

orrrrr they just wait until we cut him or brohm...................

i would get rid of any our QB'S , i thought edwards was disappointing, and we know what we have in fitz, and most likely in brohm. probably wouldnt get much. i, certainly , to steal a phrase from hank bullough, "had the sail removed from my winds" , after seeing edwards on friday. very perplexed about the QB position. i never like to tank a season.

Let's think about this a second .... our QBs pretty much stink ... at very best we have two that stink, and two that are question marks.

Now why on Gods green earth would another team ... no matter how desperate ... trade us for one of our cast offs????

Let's think about this a second .... our QBs pretty much stink ... at very best we have two that stink, and two that are question marks.

Now why on Gods green earth would another team ... no matter how desperate ... trade us for one of our cast offs????

According to some posters: Most of the backup QBs are better than ANY QB on the Bills roster. Many out of work QBs are better than any QB on the Bills Roster. But, the Bills can trade one of these horrible QBs for untold riches! I'm thinking there's a touch of the Underpants Gnomes here.

BTW, I don't necessarily disagree with the assessment of the Bills QBs. But if they are that bad why would anyone trade for them?

Trade them Fitz for something. He knows Martz' system.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ckup-to-cutler/

Why would you trade them the QB who is probably the best we have (maybe Brohm will prove me wrong) and gives us the best chance of winning games? The anti Fitzie sentiment is absolutely ridiculous on this board. Who gives us the best chance to win against Miami? Seriously does anyone on this message board think that Edwards gives us a better chance than Fitzie to beat Miami opening day? I rest my case.

The Broncos murdered the Bears on that Cutler trade. 2 firsts and Orton is a QB that actually wins games.

Too bad the wunderkind McDaniels wasted the #12 overall pick on a RB.

Don't forget too, years before Denver murdered Washington getting C. Bailey AND a second-round pick for Clinton Portis.

Too bad the wunderkind McDaniels wasted the #12 overall pick on a RB.

Don't forget too, years before Denver murdered Washington getting C. Bailey AND a second-round pick for Clinton Portis.

Yeah, Denver's drafting is very curious but it is clear that Cutler is the modern day Jeff George. At some point, it's gotta fall back to the QB for not having a winning season since high school.

Yeah, Denver's drafting is very curious but it is clear that Cutler is the modern day Jeff George. At some point, it's gotta fall back to the QB for not having a winning season since high school.

I agree that Cutler may end up being a giant turd a la Jeff George, but it's hard to blame the Broncos 2008 8-8 season on him. The team was 2nd in the NFL (1st in the AFC) in total offense (yards per game) and 3rd in total passing. He had 25 TDs and 18 INTs, which is not the greatest ratio, but with those yards, and any kind of defense they should have been a playoff team. Unfortunately, they were a terrible defensive team. They were 29th in Defense (Total Yards) and 30th (Scoring.)