Four Shot Dead At Buffalo Restaurant

Steely Dan

You guess???? WTF, are they going to get a brother or someone else to stand in for him? You guess?? YOU GUESS? Of course the wedding is off.

:wallbash:

Isn't that what the best man is for? I mean I though that we all wore tux's because that way if the groom wasn't there, we could all take one step to the left and carryon with the ceremony.....

Am I wrong????

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you in Buffalo, what type of place is the City Grill. Upscale? Urban? Hip-Hop? Professional? My guess is that they will be going out of business soon.

I've had drinks there @4 times - usually before a hockey game. I'd say more upscale/professional. But I haven't been there in @ 2 years.

I've had drinks there @4 times - usually before a hockey game. I'd say more upscale/professional. But I haven't been there in @ 2 years.

Yep, last time i went there was before the Bandits championship game a couple years back. It's upscale and pretty nice, the food was excellent. I was very surprised to hear it occurred there. But it's under new ownership now, so I have no idea if anything has changed. From what I understand there were 3 or 4 different private parties going on at the same time. The Buffalo News is reporting that it appears to be a gang related shooting. I saw a picture of the groom who was killed earlier in the evening and one of the guys standing next to him was giving some sort of gang sign with his fingers. So that could very well be the case...

Link

Straight from the NRA!

How the hell do you counter the observation that the guns used in the shooting were likely already illegal with suggesting that means everyone at the party should have been armed...and THEN counter the observation that that's a stupid counter-argument with accusing me of being an NRA shill?

That's not even a question of gun control vs. gun ownership. You simply make no !@#$ing sense.

Yep, last time i went there was before the Bandits championship game a couple years back. It's upscale and pretty nice, the food was excellent. I was very surprised to hear it occurred there. But it's under new ownership now, so I have no idea if anything has changed. From what I understand there were 3 or 4 different private parties going on at the same time. The Buffalo News is reporting that it appears to be a gang related shooting. I saw a picture of the groom who was killed earlier in the evening and one of the guys standing next to him was giving some sort of gang sign with his fingers. So that could very well be the case...

Link

The gang thing was a complete no brainer right from the start. These kind of things almost never happen without gang ties. The raging lunatic who shoots up a places because he's lost his mind tend to do that during peak hours and not 2:30am or whatever it was.

How the hell do you counter the observation that the guns used in the shooting were likely already illegal with suggesting that means everyone at the party should have been armed...and THEN counter the observation that that's a stupid counter-argument with accusing me of being an NRA shill?

That's not even a question of gun control vs. gun ownership. You simply make no !@#$ing sense.

Standard anti gun argument. They are always 100% emotion, no facts. Maybe buttflex can dis-invent guns and no one will have them.

For those of you in Buffalo, what type of place is the City Grill. Upscale? Urban? Hip-Hop? Professional? My guess is that they will be going out of business soon.

It's upscale. I can't believe this happened, and I am particularly shocked that it happened there. I used to work in the Main Seneca neighborhood and walk through there a couple of times a week now, and I don't even think of stopping at City Grill for lunch because it's too expensive. FYI - it's also known as a place where people who are having affairs go for clandestine dinners because it's kind of out of the way given the lack of on-site parking.

They get info that a guy out on parole with a violent history is at the party and a witness IDed him... sounds to me like more than enough reason to label someone as a suspect. Now, moving from that to filing charges is another story. The one thing I can't make out from these stories is just how far things moved along with this guy.

There is a big difference between a person being a possible suspect and naming that person in the press. You should be pretty damn sure you got the right guy before you go tell the world he is the suspect and in custody.

Isn't that what the best man is for? I mean I though that we all wore tux's because that way if the groom wasn't there, we could all take one step to the left and carryon with the ceremony.....

Am I wrong????

/seinfeld

The joke I always use at weddings but didn't write: "The problem with being the 'Best Man' is you never get to prove it."

:ph34r: