Four Shot Dead At Buffalo Restaurant

Steely Dan

sad, real sad. imo, handguns should be totally illegal except for law enforcement and military.

Drugs are COMPLETELY illegal. How's that worked out?

I'll believe that criminals will start obeying the laws about the same time the government figures out how to keep drugs out of grade schools. Do us all a favor and hold your breath.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

Officials say they may have charged the wrong man

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III: 'We are having serious second thoughts'

By Lou Michel, Jay Rey and Maki Becker

News Staff Reporters

Updated: August 15, 2010, 1:18 AM

A parolee released from prison just two and a half weeks ago was arrested Saturday in connection with the worst carnage the City of Buffalo has experienced in at least three decades.

But before the day ended, law enforcement officials said they think they got the wrong man.

"We are having serious second thoughts," said Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III. "I have serious reservations about whether we have the right guy here."

Sedita said he planned this morning to move in City Court to dismiss charges against Keith D. Johnson, 25, of Buffalo, who was accused of murdering four people outside a downtown bar. Among those killed was a man who invited friends to the City Grill as part of his wedding anniversary celebration. The shooting also wounded four others, one critically....

Wow that takes a lot of guts to admit you're wrong. :wallbash:

wanna hear the worst part about the police spokesman? He used to do sports on Empire and on WGRZ Ch2...got fired from WGRZ for giving video to an ABC station to use while he was in Philly covering a Bills game

I went to high school at St. Joes with Mike, not a bad guy, just maybe not a great interview subject.

The "male from Texas" lived in Austin, TX, where I am. According to our local news broadcast (see video), the 30 year old victim was "celebrating his 31st anniversary".... :wallbash: Very confusing times we live in...

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/austin-...uffalo-shooting

I guess they fixed it.

The father of one of the female victims was interviewed on the Buffalo NEws clip. He said it sounded like some dudes were pissed because they could not get in the bar...due to the party. Then they supposedly got into it with the bouncers and a melee started in the streets and the thugs sprayed the area with gunfire. Not sure why these innocents spilled into the street? or maybe they were fleeing directly into the gunfire (in confusion?). sad, real sad. imo, handguns should be totally illegal except for law enforcement and military.

Better yet they should just make murder illegal and then there would be no more murder...Please explain how taking my guns away will prevent a crime? Assuming someone willing to murder someone would not trun in his illegal guns, who do you think suffers because of feel good legislation that only punishes the law abiding citizens.

this is the basis upon which the "suspect" was arrested?

Sedita told The News that police arrested Johnson based on information from witnesses who said a man named Keith who was recently released on parole may have been involved in the shootings. After checking parole records, they came up with Keith Johnson.

What a bunch of hacks....

Sedita told The News that police arrested Johnson based on information from witnesses who said a man named Keith who was recently released on parole may have been involved in the shootings. After checking parole records, they came up with Keith Johnson.

Nope. Witnesses and identification from a photo array.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article102529.ece

How incompetent are these bumbling idiots?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communitie...ticle102226.ece

Link

Mother of briefly jailed suspect: 'They should have examined the videotapes'

...Johnson, 25, who was recently released on parole after serving three years for a violent assault, was arrested on murder charges at his mother's home by members of the Buffalo Police Special Weapons and Tactics Team late Saturday morning, about nine hours after the shootings.

But late Saturday night, Sedita told The News that authorities no longer believed Johnson was the shooter and were planning to ask for the charges to be dropped....

I'm sorry they arrested the wrong guy but he was just released for violent assault and, IMO, it's natural the police would look at him. Especially when this part of the article is taken into consideration;

...Sedita told The News that police arrested Johnson based on information from witnesses who said a man named Keith who was recently released on parole may have been involved in the shootings. After checking parole records, they came up with Keith Johnson.

He said that detectives who questioned Johnson found that he "changed his story of what happened several times." Sedita said apparently an item of clothing that appeared to be bloodstained was found at Johnson's home....

Picking up a guy named Keith who had been paroled and was on the scene at the time of the shooting doesn't sound like bad police work to me. It just sucks for this guy he fit the tip. Changing his story with the cops didn't help either. Sad to say, but if you're convicted of a crime you're always going to be a suspect if your around a similar crime when it happens.

And since his being there violated his parole, he deserves to be in jail.

Exactly. I have no problem with him being arrested. The problem is with calling him a suspect in the murder before they had more info. Stupidly incompetent.

Right...they should just give everyone at the party a gun... :wallbash:

Good Lord, that might just be the stupidest counter-argument I've ever read.

And that includes Holcomb's Arm's "The true value of a die roll is 3.5, anything else is error" argument.

Exactly. I have no problem with him being arrested. The problem is with calling him a suspect in the murder before they had more info. Stupidly incompetent.

They get info that a guy out on parole with a violent history is at the party and a witness IDed him... sounds to me like more than enough reason to label someone as a suspect. Now, moving from that to filing charges is another story. The one thing I can't make out from these stories is just how far things moved along with this guy.

Actually, a post-wedding-rehearsal party - the wedding was to be today at 2 PM, but the groom is one of the deceased (just flew in from Texas yesterday) so I guess the wedding's off.

Wonder if it had anything with the Bills performance, or if it was a jealous former boyfriend crashing the party, or just your average, normal family-feud stuff?

You guess???? WTF, are they going to get a brother or someone else to stand in for him? You guess?? YOU GUESS? Of course the wedding is off.

:wallbash: