People compared Stallworth to Vick

Heels20X6

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A...ondchance081210

Just an interesting read on how Stallworth has accepted his role in the death of the man he struck with his car...

Have to admire his willingness to stand up and accept responsibility for his actions. Setting aside the dwi issue for a second, any of us who drive could have a person run out in the road. Accidents and events like this happen quickly.

Vick also didn't kill a person...he killed Dogs. I am a dog lover but it's bull sh*t to compare the 2.

A bit of context here, perhaps? He was driving 45 MPH when a guy decided to run across a six lane highway at/before dawn. Yes, he was drunk, but that accident probably occurs even if he's sober. That's the definition of an unfortunate accident.

Tad different from intentionally maiming, torturing & killing dogs.

Stallworth was a very unfortunate incident although alcohol was involved and it contributed to the death it wasn't 100% cause of the accident. Unlike Leonard Little of the Rams who t-boned a mother of four because he was drunk and alcohol was 100% cause of the accident. What was Little's suspension - 8 measely games. Cushing gets half that for taking a steroid to grow breasts.

Were Vick's dogs crossing a busy freeway against traffic? You're right, it's bull **** to compare the 2.

no doubt...plus you have to factor in the remorse factor. When Stallworth had that accident, he was instantly remorseful and did all the right things. Vick kept committing his crimes for 6 years and still hasn't shown any genuine remorse...that dumb !@#$ think he was a victim...they should put that piece of **** in a locked cage with a pack of rabid dogs...then if he survives, he can feel like a victim

Stallworth was a very unfortunate incident although alcohol was involved and it contributed to the death it wasn't 100% cause of the accident. Unlike Leonard Little of the Rams who t-boned a mother of four because he was drunk and alcohol was 100% cause of the accident. What was Little's suspension - 8 measely games. Cushing gets half that for taking a steroid to grow breasts.

And, Stallworth WAS NOT coming home from a bar when this happened, he had been home (driven there by friends) slept a few hours and then left his house before dawn. Any alcohol in his system was residual from the night before, and if I remember correctly he was BARELY over the limit. An extra half hour of sleeping and the guy runs in front of him and this is a complete non issue.

I feel pretty bad for Stallworth. He was in no way "evil" in this whole thing.

And, Stallworth WAS NOT coming home from a bar when this happened, he had been home (driven there by friends) slept a few hours and then left his house before dawn. Any alcohol in his system was residual from the night before, and if I remember correctly he was BARELY over the limit. An extra half hour of sleeping and the guy runs in front of him and this is a complete non issue.

I feel pretty bad for Stallworth. He was in no way "evil" in this whole thing.

Stallworth could have fought this and gotten off, but chose not to for the sake of the victim's family. All in all, I applaud Stallworth. Vick continues to be a dumb piece of s&!t.

You guys have got to be kidding me? Since when was it ok to drive drunk and KILL A PERSON? You can't ever say that killing a dog is worst than killing a HUMAN. Im in shock that this is even debatable. You guys should have your heads examined as soon as possible. There are so many excuses (oh he said sorry, oh he wasnt really that drunk, he could have gotten off but he chose to go to jail and pay a fine *DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?*). I really feel sorry for you guys. He killed him on the street not expressway..SMH...Not Saying what mike did wasnt completly dumb BECAUSE IT WAS FAR BEYOND DUMB! But making a debate over killing dogs and a human is retarded. Id rather have my father than cujo if I couldnt have both but thats just me. (WATCH SOME D*CKFACE TAKE THAT LAST LINE THE WRONG WAY)... 5,4,3,2,1....

You guys have got to be kidding me? Since when was it ok to drive drunk and KILL A PERSON? You can't ever say that killing a dog is worst than killing a HUMAN. Im in shock that this is even debatable. You guys should have your heads examined as soon as possible. There are so many excuses (oh he said sorry, oh he wasnt really that drunk, he could have gotten off but he chose to go to jail and pay a fine *DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?*). I really feel sorry for you guys. He killed him on the street not expressway..SMH...Not Saying what mike did wasnt completly dumb BECAUSE IT WAS FAR BEYOND DUMB! But making a debate over killing dogs and a human is retarded. Id rather have my father than cujo if I couldnt have both but thats just me. (WATCH SOME D*CKFACE TAKE THAT LAST LINE THE WRONG WAY)... 5,4,3,2,1....

You're an idiot.

Were Vick's dogs crossing a busy freeway against traffic? You're right, it's bull **** to compare the 2.

What I was comparing was the reaction of each of these players to their mistakes, not the actual crimes themselves. Like someone else pointed out, Donte showed remorse for his actions, took his medicine and wants to use himself as an example for other players in the league.

Vick on the other hand paints himself out to be the victim and still puts himself in stupid situations like throwing a party where someone gets shot.

It's not ok to drink and drive.

It's also not ok to kill dogs. It's also not ok to cross a busy highway illegally. Where is your info coming from that it was not an expressway? Because every article I've read says it was a busy highway.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ield/?related=1

Put simply, Reyes was out of the crosswalk on a busy highway, and it's entirely possible that Stallworth would have struck and killed Reyes even if Stallworth had never consumed a drop of alcohol in his life.

It's also not ok to use "worst" when you mean "worse".

what you fail to grasp is the INTENT of both parties involved. vick intentionally set up a criminal enterprise that involved the cold blooded sociopathic type killing of animals. he financed rings that were painted black to conceal them from authorites. set up a business to hide the money. then he tried to fight the charges and denied them but eventually plead guilty. stallworth made one bad decision but then made all the right ones after that. vick's crimes were not accidental in any way and they were cold and calculating. stallworth was involved in an accident. people love to judge other people....they just absolutely love to do that. they love kicking people when they're down even if that person is doing all the right things to get their life in order. i am not convinced that mike vick's legal troubles are over. he doesnt seem to be making the right decisions in his life and seems to be on the same path he was before. stallworth seems to be on a path where i would bet he never has legal troubles from here on out.

what you fail to grasp is the INTENT of both parties involved. vick intentionally set up a criminal enterprise that involved the cold blooded sociopathic type killing of animals. he financed rings that were painted black to conceal them from authorites. set up a business to hide the money. then he tried to fight the charges and denied them but eventually plead guilty. stallworth made one bad decision but then made all the right ones after that. vick's crimes were not accidental in any way and they were cold and calculating. stallworth was involved in an accident. people love to judge other people....they just absolutely love to do that. they love kicking people when they're down even if that person is doing all the right things to get their life in order. i am not convinced that mike vick's legal troubles are over. he doesnt seem to be making the right decisions in his life and seems to be on the same path he was before. stallworth seems to be on a path where i would bet he never has legal troubles from here on out.

No I understand the INTENT of it, But for people to say "Mike's killings of dogs were worst than killing a human" is absurd. Yes mike had a thought out plan and dante's was mor accidental I get that. But you can't say with a straight face if somebody put a gun to your fathers head and your dogs head you'd pick your dog. They were both wrong yes nobody can denie that but to choose between a humans life and a dogs shouldn't even be debatable thats all im saying.

It's not ok to drink and drive.

It's also not ok to kill dogs. It's also not ok to cross a busy highway illegally. Where is your info coming from that it was not an expressway? Because every article I've read says it was a busy highway.

So he was waitng for a bus at 7:15 AM after he gets off work and get smashed into by dante because he wasnt in the crosswalk. Does Expressways have crosswalks or bus stops? plus isnt a crosswalk where you cross the street?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4033632

But you can't say with a straight face if somebody put a gun to your fathers head and your dogs head you'd pick your dog.

They were both wrong yes nobody can denie that but to choose between a humans life and a dogs shouldn't even be debatable thats all im saying.

The only place that debate is currently happening is in your idiotic head. No one here has said anything remotely close.

So he was waitng for a bus at 7:15 AM after he gets off work and get smashed into by dante because he wasnt in the crosswalk. Does Expressways have crosswalks or bus stops? plus isnt a crosswalk where you cross the street?

There are many places around the country that have high speed highways with stoplights and crosswalks. The Causeway where Stallworth's accident happened was one such place. ESPN did an entire half hour show on it, including filming the area where it occurred at about the time of the incident. Visibility was very poor and even a sober driver would have had a hard time avoiding the accident (I'm not absolving Stallworth of anything, simply pointing out a fact so try not to fly off the !@#$ing handle).

Do yourself a favor and STFU before everyone figures out you're a complete moron and you have zero credibility on this site.

O yea, another useful contribution to this board. I look forward to more of your "durka" in the future

You're an idiot.

No he's just misunderstood, didn't you read the last line, gawd. . . :thumbsup:

I think we're getting into semantics, but he was trying to run across a 6 lane road (without the benefit of a traffic light or crosswalk.)

He wasn't waiting for a bus. He was running across a six-lane causeway, trying to catch a bus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacArthur_Causeway

They said he wasn't in a crosswalk (they didn't actually say there was a crosswalk.)

No I understand the INTENT of it, But for people to say "Mike's killings of dogs were worst than killing a human" is absurd. Yes mike had a thought out plan and dante's was mor accidental I get that. But you can't say with a straight face if somebody put a gun to your fathers head and your dogs head you'd pick your dog. They were both wrong yes nobody can denie that but to choose between a humans life and a dogs shouldn't even be debatable thats all im saying.

Sure it would be absurd if people were saying that. But they are not.

this matter has nothing to do with humans and dogs but comparing vick to stallworth. vick's behavior shows that he does not value any life but stallworth's behavior shows that he does value life even putting others before him.

Not a single person has ever said that killing dogs was worse than killing people...anyone accusing people of saying that should show proof of it or shut the hell up...dishonesty is a disgusting character trait and to debate using nothing but false accusations is pathetic

Sure it would be absurd if people were saying that. But they are not.

don't confuse him with facts...if you can't put words in his mouth, you can't debate with him apparently

This is probably someone who was banned in the past or else forgot his login info...probably due to all the drugs

everything you stated as fact is wrong. you are absolutely out of your mind.

You pathetic mutt loving bugger eaters are pathetic and stupid!

keep snuggling to your furry, crotch sniffing four-legged droolers, while ur fellow human beings starve, suffer and are run over by drunken millionaires.

What a bunch of pathetic bleeding hearts some of you apes are :censored:

I hope I find one of your mutts and go Mike Vick on them!

Idiots

Why do you have to compare the two?

The incidents are completely different outside of the fact they were both illegal.

It sounds like many are sympathizing with Stallworth, which is laughable. I bet if it was one of your family that was hit by him, you would feel differently.

Just curious how many of you sticking up for Stallworth were ready to send Lynch to the electric chair when a drunk broad walked into his car?

To try to justify what Stallworth did, because you may find yourself in the same situation, still doesn't make it right. He was over the legal limit..."just over," who gives a !@#$? There is a reason there is a legal limit, and his judgment was impaired, and now there is somebody dead. "The guy wasn't at a cross walk..." or whatever justifications you have are moot. If any of us did this, you are getting charged and going to jail...I believe it is 3 years mandatory in PA, not sure about NY.

Vick's crime was cold, calculated, and lasted an extremely long time. I am sure they partook in this for a long time, and he only got involved deeper by financing with his asinine $ from the Falcons. It wasn't a past crime, and he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids. To think that he was slapped on the wrist by Goodell is disgusting.

There doesn't have to be a "winner" between these two situations....they were both wrong, and both got off way easier than you or I would have, because they can play football. They really contribute nothing to society other than the ability to throw and catch a ball...in fact I would judge both as a detriment.

I am all for rehabilitation. I am sure Stallworth was sorry, most human beings would be after they killed somebody. I hope he uses this to turn his life around, and hopefully helps others along the way. This goes through my head every day... I watch people drive in 25 MPH areas at 50, people are constantly driving aggressively, they never stop at stop signs, and are in just a general hurry all of the time. That is awesome, right up until somebody gets killed and you have to live with it for the rest of your life, and even worse so does their loved ones. I always keep in mind how I would feel if my kids didn't come home because somebody couldn't be bothered with stopping at a light, and I slow down. I think about how I might feel if I had to have nightmares about seeing somebody that I t-boned dead in a car with their kids crying, because I was too special for a stop sign, and I slow down. That doesn't make me immune, or perfect, but it lowers my risk, substantially.

At the end of the day, taking a side with either of these two because the other's crime was "worse" is interesting, and sad.