Spiller's status is a signal to the fans.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is that we don't have any idea why Spiller hasn't signed yet. None. That being the case, I don't see how anyone can rake either the team or the player over the coals. He is a good player and the Bills have a business to run.

<_<

The product on the field notwithstanding, the Bills are a well run, stable franchise when you look at the books. Very profitable, with a ridiculously low amount of debt. Their business model works from a financial point of view.

The product on the field notwithstanding, the Bills are a well run, stable franchise when you look at the books. Very profitable, with a ridiculously low amount of debt. Their business model works from a financial point of view.

What trophy does the league give out for that again?

I agree. Most likely the contract negotiation sticking point is number of years as opposed to dollar amount....

It can't be the number of years. The Bills should know by now that they will be drafting another RB in the first round in say 2013. (2003 - Maghee, 2007 - Lynch, 2010 - Spiller) So a 4 year contract is plenty. <_<

Why worry about the number of years? If you sign him to a six year deal and he plays well, he will just want to renegotiate after a couple of years anyway. <_<

I know, it's sad isn't it! If a player plays like ****, he doesn't give any money back. But they have 1 good season and it's time to renegotiate...

From today's Buffalo News, "A source familiar with the negotiations said the structure, more than the overall value, of the deal is the crux of the talks."

Link

Man, I thought Maybin was the problem last year when it took forever to get him signed. But now this Spiller deal really is aggravating. The guys on both sides of him have been signed. Just make the deal. It looks like Ralph is cheap. I don't think there is ample evidence to support that. He's cut big checks for dopes in the past (i.e., 49 million for Derrick Dockery, all the money to Schobel, Evans, the fact that our other draft choices are in the fold).

It makes me sick. The team has missed the playoffs forever, and they marched up to the podium in about 4 seconds flat to draft the guy....just sign him, get it done.

Maybe the Bills delayed signing Maybin because they realized their mistake seeing how much he sucked during mini-camp. Did Spiller underwhelm in mini-camp too? B-)

Man, I thought Maybin was the problem last year when it took forever to get him signed. But now this Spiller deal really is aggravating. The guys on both sides of him have been signed. Just make the deal. It looks like Ralph is cheap. I don't think there is ample evidence to support that. He's cut big checks for dopes in the past (i.e., 49 million for Derrick Dockery, all the money to Schobel, Evans, the fact that our other draft choices are in the fold).

It makes me sick. The team has missed the playoffs forever, and they marched up to the podium in about 4 seconds flat to draft the guy....just sign him, get it done.

Just think what we have to look forward to if they do end up drafting first or second, which is highly likely and draft a quarterback in 2011. Do you really think it will be easy to sign a deal that is bigger than what the Rams gave Sam Bradford? If Ralph is still alive, he might not be after he sees that. I would bet that no team in the league is hoping for a rookie salary cap more than Cheapy Ralph and the Bills.

Here you go: Russ and the Bills paid 6.5M to an overrated WR last season. The same WR has a 2M dollar contract this year with the Bengals...Ralph showed the money.

why didnt he spend 7.5? he is cheap. your argument doesnt make sense.

of course i'm kidding.

Just think what we have to look forward to if they do end up drafting first or second, which is highly likely and draft a quarterback in 2011. Do you really think it will be easy to sign a deal that is bigger than what the Rams gave Sam Bradford? If Ralph is still alive, he might not be after he sees that. I would bet that no team in the league is hoping for a rookie salary cap more than Cheapy Ralph and the Bills.

It's hardly "highly likely". I don't think there's anything to suggest we're worse this year than the last few years, especially considering the new football culture that seems to be happening.