This probably belongs in a combined thread somewhere but I say it anyw

Because Jackson's 2009 season was no better than Lynch's 2007 or 2008. But yet Fred Jackson is the next Thurman Thomas according to many on these boards. People like him not because his actual talent is that high, but only because he's outplayed his UDFA status. If Jackson reproduced his '09 season but was a second rounder, he wouldn't be nearly as highly thought of.

Exactly what he said

Yeah, he is good, but he gets over hyped around here cause he has a good back storey being an UDFA out of a very small school. He put up good numbers last year and may have been the best player on this offence, but thats really not saying much considering the offence he played in

Exactly what he said

Yeah, he is good, but he gets over hyped around here cause he has a good back storey being an UDFA out of a very small school. He put up good numbers last year and may have been the best player on this offence, but thats really not saying much considering the offence he played in

I think it had more to do with he's not an asshat and isn't twittering every bowel movement he has than anything related to how he entered the league

a first round interior OL needs to be dominant from day 1.

getting a OG that is just OK is a waste of another premium pick.

Disagree.

Define dominant? Where did these words of wisdom come from?

Why is it some people think interior line is a position that does not require development just like any other?

I think it had more to do with he's not an asshat and isn't twittering every bowel movement he has than anything related to how he entered the league

Well, that probably plays a big role (Marshawn's off the field stuff, not the twitter. I dont see why a bunch of grown-ups care what someone says on their twitter. I mean really, who has less of a life, the guy who tweets what he's doing, or the people on this board who sit there and pound F5 repeatedly so they can read the next tweet?)

But the draft status has much to do with it. Everyone loves George Wilson here. But if Wilson was taken 8th overall and Whitner was a low round pick, Wilson would be the one being strung up.

Twobillsdrive has a rich history of attempting to run 1st round draft picks out of town from the moment they don't dominate on snap 1 of their NFL career.

Well, that probably plays a big role (Marshawn's off the field stuff, not the twitter. I dont see why a bunch of grown-ups care what someone says on their twitter. I mean really, who has less of a life, the guy who tweets what he's doing, or the people on this board who sit there and pound F5 repeatedly so they can read the next tweet?)

But the draft status has much to do with it. Everyone loves George Wilson here. But if Wilson was taken 8th overall and Whitner was a low round pick, Wilson would be the one being strung up.

Twobillsdrive has a rich history of attempting to run 1st round draft picks out of town from the moment they don't dominate on snap 1 of their NFL career.

Gotta' love the TBD self loathing. It's all TBD fault!

- Leads by example

- Everybody respects him

- Calls people out who are not pulling their weight

- CAN call people out because everybody respects him

This is what I expect out of a first round pick......

Come on! 10 games? Let it happen for a while.

Calling out Maybin was not a "leadership move", coming as it was from another second year 1st round lineman who (granted through no fault of his own) didn't provide the full value the team was paying him last year.

Let the vets call out the young guys.

Wood seems like a decent player but what does that prove? even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while- It kinda makes me sad that the fans of this once great team have been reduced to congratulating ourselves that a first round pick we make doesn't suck.

Wood seems like a decent player but what does that prove? even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while- It kinda makes me sad that the fans of this once great team have been reduced to congratulating ourselves that a first round pick we make doesn't suck.

It's hard not to suck in the NFL.

- Leads by example

- Everybody respects him

He has the potential to be all of the things that you say, but he hasn't played an entire season yet, and has made one comment to a teammate. Let's let him prove himself before we put him on the Wall of Fame.

Exactly what he said

I actually think he gets overhyped because he stays out of trouble

- Leads by example

- Everybody respects him

best draft pick weve had in awhile in Bills land basically means we drafted a player that actually contributes to the team, he doesnt even have to be a good player, but adequate enough to get on the field.

Because Jackson's 2009 season was no better than Lynch's 2007 or 2008. But yet Fred Jackson is the next Thurman Thomas according to many on these boards. People like him not because his actual talent is that high, but only because he's outplayed his UDFA status. If Jackson reproduced his '09 season but was a second rounder, he wouldn't be nearly as highly thought of.

Link

Jackson had 237 carries to Marshawn Lynch's 120 last year, and that was well-deserved. Jackson was easily the better player in '09, and was the first guy in NFL history to eclipse 1,000 yards both rushing and on kickoff returns in the same season.

The guy would be highly thought of no matter where he might have been drafted. JMO

a first round interior OL needs to be dominant from day 1.

getting a OG that is just OK is a waste of another premium pick.

Very few OL dominate from day one. They first need to learn the speed of the pro game, refine their technique, and generally get stronger. I'm cool with Levitre and Wood at this point. They have an opportunity this year to show even more as they have seen where they need to be to contribute.