This probably belongs in a combined thread somewhere but I say it anyw

- Leads by example

- Everybody respects him

- Calls people out who are not pulling their weight

- CAN call people out because everybody respects him

This is what I expect out of a first round pick......

Let's wait till he becomes a good OL. That's what I expect out of a first round pick.

He was doing just fine before he got his leg torn in half. You sit and wait, I say annoint his ass now.

Just fine for a rookie, maybe. Not that great if looked at in terms of all OLs.

Of course, he WAS a rookie, so playing well for a rookie was OK. Looks like he might have a good future, but he still has a long way to go.

65th out of 84 guards last year according to profootballfocus.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

Second year is often a time for a major jump upwards, so let's hope Wood keeps improving.

"Just fine" is about right. Not dominating, and also getting outplayed by Levitre.

What games were you watching? Wood looked like the better of the two and certainly the stronger player. The good news is they both are excellent prospects and they both played a lot as rookie. I expect big things from both.

Of course, he WAS a rookie, so playing well for a rookie was OK. Looks like he might have a good future, but he still has a long way to go.

Second year is often a time for a major jump upwards, so let's hope Wood keeps improving.

I don't know what to think of those rankings for offensive lineman. Wood was having a great season for a rookie starting on a poor line with so much turnover. He really impressed me in short yardage situations too. Watch him play and you can see strength and athletic ability. You also see confidence and leadership. Ask the 31 other coaches in the league if they would want him and I think you will get an answer indicating that his value is much higher that 65 out of 84. Wood is a keeper.

BTW - many second year players actually slump after a strong rookie season. The third year is were the maturity sets in.

I don't know what to think of those rankings for offensive lineman. Wood was having a great season for a rookie starting on a poor line with so much turnover. He really impressed me in short yardage situations too. Watch him play and you can see strength and athletic ability. You also see confidence and leadership. Ask the 31 other coaches in the league if they would want him and I think you will get an answer indicating that his value is much higher that 65 out of 84. Wood is a keeper.

BTW - many second year players actually slump after a strong rookie season. The third year is were the maturity sets in.

Don't bring reality into this! Just use those lineman stats! JASON PETERS FOREVER!

Yes, Wood was outplayed by Levitre. All most fans remember is Levitre getting blown up in the preseason Tennessee game but during the season Levitre, not Wood, was the Bills best lineman. Either way, it doesn't suck to have 2 guards with very bright futures, which I think everyone can agree with. :worthy:

Breaking your leg half way through the season doesn't help your ranking. I guess Wood is just a big puss.

PTR

Umm, the stats ARE reality. At least part of the reality. They obviously don't paint the entire picture, but they can tell us a lot more than the untrained eye of a fan.

I'm sorry I said something mean about Jason Peters. Let's be friends and go get a slurpee. I will be at the NOCO gas station at 820 Niagara Falls Blvd from noon to 2:17. I will be wearing a floppy hat.

I'm sorry I said something mean about Jason Peters. Let's be friends and go get a slurpee. I will be at the NOCO gas station at 820 Niagara Falls Blvd from noon to 2:17. I will be wearing a floppy hat.

I don't recall mentioning Peters. My point is that you can't take advanced statistics and just throw them out the window because they don't agree with what you (I presume an enthusiastic fan, but not an expert) perceived.

- Leads by example

- Everybody respects him

- Calls people out who are not pulling their weight

- CAN call people out because everybody respects him

This is what I expect out of a first round pick......

Can I get some proof on all of these things you are saying about him besides just yelling something at Maybin?

Leads by example? He does? Do you have proof of this or is it just typical TBD "flavor of the month" Man Love "He played well for a rookie so he must be great and be a leader!"

Everybody respects him? Are there any quotes from every player that says the same thing?

Calls people out for not pulling their weight? Besides the comment to Maybin, who else has he called out, that definitly takes alot of balls for a guy who hasn't even played a full NFL season to do

Can Call people out because everyone respects him? Again, any proof of all this respect that the team has for this guy?

This all sounds like more TBD "Man Love" cause he called out the current TBD "whipping Boy". I think Eric should really be focusing on his play and getting back from his injury before he starts calling others out, he's only a second year player calling out another second year player, I like to see him turn around and call out a veteran and see how much "respect" the rest of his team has for him then. Also, where was he when Hangartner went after Maybin? Why was it just Hangartner sticking up for Fred "The Golden Boy" Jackson? Why wasn't Wood right there with him getting in Maybins face instead of yelling out a remark from a huddle probably about 20 yards away from him? I think Hangartner deserves more of this praise for getting in Maybins face and defending a fellow Offensive player

Can I get some proof on all of these things you are saying about him besides just yelling something at Maybin?

Leads by example? He does? Do you have proof of this or is it just typical TBD "flavor of the month" Man Love "He played well for a rookie so he must be great and be a leader!"

Everybody respects him? Are there any quotes from every player that says the same thing?

Calls people out for not pulling their weight? Besides the comment to Maybin, who else has he called out, that definitly takes alot of balls for a guy who hasn't even played a full NFL season to do

Can Call people out because everyone respects him? Again, any proof of all this respect that the team has for this guy?

This all sounds like more TBD "Man Love" cause he called out the current TBD "whipping Boy". I think Eric should really be focusing on his play and getting back from his injury before he starts calling others out, he's only a second year player calling out another second year player, I like to see him turn around and call out a veteran and see how much "respect" the rest of his team has for him then. Also, where was he when Hangartner went after Maybin? Why was it just Hangartner sticking up for Fred "The Golden Boy" Jackson? Why wasn't Wood right there with him getting in Maybins face instead of yelling out a remark from a huddle probably about 20 yards away from him? I think Hangartner deserves more of this praise for getting in Maybins face and defending a fellow Offensive player

Seems like you're making just as many assumptions as John was, having not actually been there. And why do you sardonically say Fred "The Golden Boy" Jackson? The dude was our best player last season.

Seems like you're making just as many assumptions as John was, having not actually been there. And why do you sardonically say Fred "The Golden Boy" Jackson? The dude was our best player last season.

Because Jackson's 2009 season was no better than Lynch's 2007 or 2008. But yet Fred Jackson is the next Thurman Thomas according to many on these boards. People like him not because his actual talent is that high, but only because he's outplayed his UDFA status. If Jackson reproduced his '09 season but was a second rounder, he wouldn't be nearly as highly thought of.