Chan's Press Conference

Welp, he's not Jauron. :flirt:

LINK

:) Chan Gailey :lol:

LOL i loved his answer to the following question.

Q) Is it normal to have pads on the first day?

A) It's training camp isn't it?

rofls.... even the Media is suprised by Gailey.

After everything I've read and heard from Nix and Gailey, I just don't see any way this team goes out there opening day against Miami and isn't ready to play. I think we'll be a physical team, steady, and I think he's got to be, and have been, behind the scenes, rubbing his hands together, as it were, making up good game plans and plays that'll utilize the weapons we've got on this offense. I'm really looking forward to the regular season, because I think we're going to see a pretty different offense than what will be shown this training camp and pre-season. I think he's keen enough to know what will work with our players, and good enough to use it all, in a surprising fashion.

After everything I've read and heard from Nix and Gailey, I just don't see any way this team goes out there opening day against Miami and isn't ready to play. I think we'll be a physical team, steady, and I think he's got to be, and have been, behind the scenes, rubbing his hands together, as it were, making up good game plans and plays that'll utilize the weapons we've got on this offense. I'm really looking forward to the regular season, because I think we're going to see a pretty different offense than what will be shown this training camp and pre-season. I think he's keen enough to know what will work with our players, and good enough to use it all, in a surprising fashion.

If the Dolphins show 7up looking past the Bills in any way, they will regret it.

PTR

If the Dolphins show 7up looking past the Bills in any way, they will regret it.

PTR

That's a fair statement, but I doubt that will happen. Parcells being at the top of that organization leads me to believe otherwise.

This having been said, I'm starting to feel for the first time in a LONG time that this organization is assembling the FO/Coaching staff that can compete with those in the rest of the division. The players will come in time.

There is no reason to think the Bills can't win 7 or 8 games this year. But, I've always felt that is the case. They will surprise people, but they still don't have playoff talent.

That being said, Gailey loves E. Wood. Its hilarious the way he talks about him.

That's a fair statement, but I doubt that will happen. Parcells being at the top of that organization leads me to believe otherwise.

This having been said, I'm starting to feel for the first time in a LONG time that this organization is assembling the FO/Coaching staff that can compete with those in the rest of the division. The players will come in time.

FWIW, the Phins don't win an opener since 2005, Parcells or not. I think we take this one.

There is no reason to think the Bills can't win 7 or 8 games this year. But, I've always felt that is the case. They will surprise people, but they still don't have playoff talent.

We don't know what type of talent they have or don't have yet. They have a young team. Very possible a lot of those young players who struggled will step into being very good players. Time will tell.

What he said! :flirt:

That being said, Gailey loves E. Wood. Its hilarious the way he talks about him.

The fact that Gailey respects EW so much tells me a lot about him. He really likes tough, hard working guys and that's EW. I think his public praise of EW is also a subtle message to the rest of the team; this is what I expect of you.

I agree 100%

Welp, he's not Jauron. :flirt:

LINK

:lol: Chan Gailey :D

Awesome. A no nonsense kind of guy running our football team. :)

Favorite line:

"We're in training camp aren't we? Training camp is time to go to work."

Just as I was far more concerned with Dick's crappy coaching than what he said at press conferences, I will reserve judgment of Chan after I see the team play.

Talk is BS. Some great coaches sound like dorks and some terrible coaches talk a good game. That's all BS, IMO.

I don't know if it will translate into wins, but methinks this is the first coach of 'substance' since we have Marv up in here. I love that he's old school, but he's not trying to be someone he's not (e.g. Greggo the bullhorn). He seems to be understanding when it's called for, and tough and disciplined when it's needed. I like the things he says and I hope...I REALLY hope....this is our last coaching hire for a while.