Name me one starting NFL qb who Trent Edwards...

has a better arm than...

:thumbsup:

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may have a stronger arm than Chad Pennington.

I remember when Edwards first started with the Bills and the one thing I liked was his quick release. His best throws appeared to be those quick release passes between the hash marks. Sometimes he actually threw the ball 20-30 yards. He did look promising back then but I haven't seen much since those first few starts.

has a better arm than...

:thumbsup:

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut. At least he can continue to devote his full time to his true passion golf, and no longer have to pretend to like playing in the NFL.

I thought his true passion was Dakota Fanning and the Twilight films....

Kyle Orton maybe. And yeah, I could get passionate about Dakota Fanning. More from behind, though.

Orton has the arm strength, but just doesnt throw a good deep ball.

Edit: please take my Dakota Fanning poll under Would You in the off the wall section.

Arm strength is one of the least of Trent's problems. He doesn't have a cannon, obviously, but he clearly has enough arm strength to be a successful QB in the NFL and he has demonstrated it numerous times in real games. There just happens to be about ten other elements of being a successful QB in the NFL that he hasn't really shown or mastered yet.

Arm strength is one of the least of Trent's problems. He doesn't have a cannon, obviously, but he clearly has enough arm strength to be a successful QB in the NFL and he has demonstrated it numerous times in real games. There just happens to be about ten other elements of being a successful QB in the NFL that he hasn't really shown or mastered yet.

He shows those elements occasionally, it's just that linebackers seem to knock them out of his skull like a piñata at an Arizona border party.

This isn't the 80's where you can get by on fooling defenses with short, "west coast offense" style passing alone. The "successful" part of his career was over for Trent Edwards once the book was out that he can't beat you deep.

Seriously, please tell me how many games you think that Trent has one because of his arm. I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6 games with only half of those being NFL quality defenses. This is out of 30 starts by the way.

Least of his problems? Sorry to strongly disagree, but arm strength is this guy's #1 problem.

This isn't the 80's where you can get by on fooling defenses with short, "west coast offense" style passing alone. The "successful" part of his career was over for Trent Edwards once the book was out that he can't beat you deep.

Seriously, please tell me how many games you think that Trent has one because of his arm. I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6 games with only half of those being NFL quality defenses. This is out of 30 starts by the way.

Least of his problems? Sorry to strongly disagree, but arm strength is this guy's #1 problem.

Sorry but you don't know anything about football if you make that statement. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drewe Brees are both considered to have average to above average arm strength but yet they are winning superbowls and MVP titles. Trent doesn't have a weak arm by any means. Trent actually has a strong arm. Trent Edwards has a very short throwing motion that is tight to his body. This gives him a very quick release. Which fools people with limited football knowledge. Trent doesn't have a Brett Farve arm but its actually pretty good.

Trent's biggest problem is reading defenses and shifting coverage to meet the rush. This is why he gets hurt all the time. He takes to many big hits and gets sacked. It was the same issue with JP Losman hence the injury problems. They also both has the same coaching staff.

My only issue with Trent Edwards is that he needs to own up to his own poor play. I have never heard him say " I need to play better".

has a better arm than...

:)

Does calling him names like noodle arm and wuss make you feel better. Are you a close personal friend of his? How do you know what his true passion is? I just think you posted to just make yourself feel better by degrading another person. And really have no idea at what you are talking about. Am I a fan of TE not really. Do I think he will be the starter on day one. Absoleutly, and with the talent behind him he should be.

That's kinda disturbing. You do realize that she's 16 and looks even closer to 14 right?

Yeah, yeah. I hope im still allowed to say things like that, even if everyone isnt sure it is in jest or not. JR, thanks for the support.

has a better arm than...

:)

Yes it's a cruel point to make. But the Trent Edwards' crowd around here had it coming. I predict this noodle-armed wuss is gonna be taken out of his misery and mercifully cut.

Cut in favor of someone with a weaker arm? Don't mistake confidence/mental problems for a bad arm. Trent is a prototype QB.

Edwards arguably is the favorite to win the job because he is the biggest, has the best arm and has the most wins in his career

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/06/25/1094...p-decision.html

Sorry but you don't know anything about football if you make that statement. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drewe Brees are both considered to have average to above average arm strength but yet they are winning superbowls and MVP titles. Trent doesn't have a weak arm by any means. Trent actually has a strong arm. Trent Edwards has a very short throwing motion that is tight to his body. This gives him a very quick release. Which fools people with limited football knowledge. Trent doesn't have a Brett Farve arm but its actually pretty good.

Trent's biggest problem is reading defenses and shifting coverage to meet the rush. This is why he gets hurt all the time. He takes to many big hits and gets sacked. It was the same issue with JP Losman hence the injury problems. They also both has the same coaching staff.

My only issue with Trent Edwards is that he needs to own up to his own poor play. I have never heard him say " I need to play better".

:):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your little "knowledgeable" talk up of Trent was priceless. Thanks, I needed a laugh man.