NY is giving the Bills $3Million

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Ralph. Naming rights to the stadium should be worth at least $3 mil/yr. No reason NYS taxpayer should be subsidizing your profit.

Welcome to the NFL, GG. Be glad it isn't $400M for a new stadium and higher gameday prices.

Sorry, Ralph. Naming rights to the stadium should be worth at least $3 mil/yr. No reason NYS taxpayer should be subsidizing your profit.

I would rather have the Bills then a new roof.

$4 million saved by delaying the extensive roof renovation at the Capitol, which has seen expansive work to improve the historic building’s appearance.

Why should a 90 yr old retiree in Watertown line Ralph Wilson's pockets?

Because when I retire they'll have ate all the Social Security? Thats as good a reason as any.

If anyone can't tell, I'm joking in this post.

I could be wrong but isn't that just the county/state's payment towards the maintenance on the Ralph? Which if it is I am pretty sure the county/state makes up the money in whatever cut they get from parking or concessions. IF this is just an extra add on to that then it really makes me question the policy.

Why should a 90 yr old retiree in Watertown line Ralph Wilson's pockets?

For the same reason that a 90 year-old retiree should help pay for education. It doesn't help him directly, but it may help him indirectly and help his descendants directly. Also, for the same reason that Dallas subsidizes the Cowboys, Miami subsidizes the Fins, and all the other towns subsidize all the other teams. That's the way it's done, you don't get a team without doing it, and it helps the local economy.

For the same reason that a 90 year-old retiree should help pay for education. It doesn't help him directly, but it may help him indirectly and help his descendants directly. Also, for the same reason that Dallas subsidizes the Cowboys, Miami subsidizes the Fins, and all the other towns subsidize all the other teams. That's the way it's done, you don't get a team without doing it, and it helps the local economy.

Here is what I am thinking. From what I read a few years back, Ralph made about $34 mil profit after one season (something like that). If you figure he gets taxed on 30% of that - a very very conservative figure - thats $11.3 mil. in taxes.

Now the government needs to pay for the stadium repairs and maintenance.

Cut taxes, and he can pay for his own damn repairs! Then, maybe the US could expect people to pay their own dang mortgages (8k tax credit)! Or even for their own food (food stamps)!

I think I'd be willing to cut some slack to an owner who gets a $3 million subsidy if he spent $1 billion of his OWN money building a new stadium and the entertainment center surrounding it. Not the guy who plays rent free in a stadium that the taxpayers built for him.

Neither. Corporate Welfare

Bread and Circuses

yup. except in this case it's really welfare payments to ralph...then he can make more donations in his name to his favorite charities and feel good about himself and allow people to defend him based on his philanthropy