Bills article

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14881

Some of the article was stuff we've already heard from Whitner & T. Edwards. Just reading about the Bills offense ranking 30th 3 out of 4 years during the Jauron era...YUCK!!! No more reminders, please!! I hope Gailey can turn that around this year.

Interesting article. The article was right, Jauron had no clue how to run a football team. If Gailey can have similiar success with our offense, like he did in Pittsburgh, Dallas & Miami, then the Bills will be much improved. Watching the Bills offense over the last 4 years was about as exciting as watching paint dry :ph34r:

I found this as intersting AND promising...

Pittsburgh’s offense ranked 7th overall and 11th in points, with Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart at QB. The season after Gailey left the Steelers, they ranked 28th.

In Dallas, the offense ranked 9th overall and 11th in points. The season before Gailey took over, the offense ranked 22nd overall, and 23rd overall the season after Gailey was fired.

In Miami the offense ranked 16th overall and 11th in points with Jay Fiedler at QB and Oronde Gadsden as their #1 WR

Pittsburgh’s offense ranked 7th overall and 11th in points, with Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart at QB. The season after Gailey left the Steelers, they ranked 28th.

In Dallas, the offense ranked 9th overall and 11th in points. The season before Gailey took over, the offense ranked 22nd overall, and 23rd overall the season after Gailey was fired.

In Miami the offense ranked 16th overall and 11th in points with Jay Fiedler at QB and Oronde Gadsden as their #1 WR

No, you see, it's posts like this that get people drinking the Kool Aid, and inspire "hope". And for this, according to the Haters, you should be banned for life, keel-hauled, left to die on a stake, and your corpse hung in a prominent place.

Bastard.

"One Toke Over The Line" - Brewer & Shipley

Let's take this a step further. KC finished 31st in yards and 31st in scoring during 2007. Gailey arrived in 2008 as OC, and they finished 26th in yards and 24th in scoring. Certainly an improvement for an offense that eventually relied on Tyler Thigpen at QB. However, after 3 low scoring preseason games, an imperious Todd Haley fired Gailey (EDIT: in 2009).

Clearly, Gailey has improved some teams on offense. This being the case, why then was he not considered for any other OC job, let alone a HC job for 2010? I don't recall him interviewing for a single job this past off-season.

Let's take this a step further. KC finished 31st in yards and 31st in scoring during 2007. Gailey arrived in 2008 as OC, and they finished 26th in yards and 24th in scoring. Certainly an improvement for an offense that eventually relied on Tyler Thigpen at QB. However, after 3 low scoring preseason games, an imperious Todd Haley fired Gailey (EDIT: in 2009).

Clearly, Gailey has improved some teams on offense. This being the case, why then was he not considered for any other OC job, let alone a HC job for 2010? I don't recall him interviewing for a single job this past off-season.

Let's take this a step further than that.

What in heaven's name is this board going to do if the Bills actually start putting up more than 17 points per game? Just thinking about it makes me need to lie down for awhile.

No, you see, it's posts like this that get people drinking the Kool Aid, and inspire "hope". And for this, according to the Haters, you should be banned for life, keel-hauled, left to die on a stake, and your corpse hung in a prominent place.

Bastard.

"One Toke Over The Line" - Brewer & Shipley

comments like this are asinine. There is a logical basis for thinking the offense might be decent this year. Chan knows how to make lemonade from lemons and there is obvious depth at RB and exciting potential at key playmaking positions.

If you want to have fantasies about finishing top 15 in yards and points, go ahead. It's not so unreasonable.

What "haters" don't apprecate is when fans embrace the FO's nonsensical moves destined to fail and then attribute their gullibility to being a "true fan". There's legitimate optimism and then there's baseless optimism. Go ahead and try to figure out which is which.

The Seahawks tabbed Carroll as their HC. The Redskins got Shanahan. That was it for other HC'ing gigs. And its highly likely that the Bills approached Gailey early in the process.

comments like this are asinine. There is a logical basis for thinking the offense might be decent this year. Chan knows how to make lemonade from lemons and there is obvious depth at RB and exciting potential at key playmaking positions.

If you want to have fantasies about finishing top 15 in yards and points, go ahead. It's not so unreasonable.

What "haters" don't apprecate is when fans embrace the FO's nonsensical moves destined to fail and then attribute their gullibility to being a "true fan". There's legitimate optimism and then there's baseless optimism. Go ahead and try to figure out which is which.

I'd love to see the Bills offense in the top 15 again. The only season this past decade where we actually had a good offense was Bledsoe's first year with the Bills.

The Seahawks tabbed Carroll as their HC. The Redskins got Shanahan. That was it for other HC'ing gigs. And its highly likely that the Bills approached Gailey early in the process.

If Buffalo approached Gailey early in the process, it was as a fall back emergency option. Nix was introduced on 12/31, though Gailey was not hired until 1/19. In between, the Bills interviewed Perry Fewell and Leslie Frazier, while pursuing Brian Schottenheimer, Russ Grimm, Bill Cowher, and Jim Harbaugh.

Gailey probably wasn't their 3rd or 4th option.

If Buffalo approached Gailey early in the process, it was as a fall back emergency option. Nix was introduced on 12/31, though Gailey was not hired until 1/19. In between, the Bills interviewed Perry Fewell and Leslie Frazier, while pursuing Brian Schottenheimer, Russ Grimm, Bill Cowher, and Jim Harbaugh.

Gailey probably wasn't their 3rd or 4th option.

Who knows? When did the Bills first interview Gailey?

You're not going to win with BillsVet's constant negativity. With the Gailey hire, he can claim that "everyone turned us down, and no one wanted the job." But, if the Bills did indeed target Gailey, he'll claim that they "didn't do their due diligence" in the coaching search. Don't worry though, a couple of wins by the Bills and he'll stop posting. Kind of like how he stopped posting for a while after we signed Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis.

The Bills offense has been truly awful in recent years, but as much as I'd like to, I can't blame Dick Jauron for all of it. The Bills have finished no better than 25th in total offense for the last seven years. They've been 23rd or worse in scoring in six of those seven years, and the one exception, 2004, was a fluke.

This crap started in Gregg Williams' final year in 2003. They were 30th in both yardage and scoring that year.

The Bills offense has been truly awful in recent years, but as much as I'd like to, I can't blame Dick Jauron for all of it. The Bills have finished no better than 25th in total offense for the last seven years. They've been 23rd or worse in scoring in six of those seven years, and the one exception, 2004, was a fluke.

This crap started in Gregg Williams' final year in 2003. They were 30th in both yardage and scoring that year.

And who were the Offensive Coordinators during that glorious stretch?

You're not going to win with BillsVet's constant negativity. With the Gailey hire, he can claim that "everyone turned us down, and no one wanted the job." But, if the Bills did indeed target Gailey, he'll claim that they "didn't do their due diligence" in the coaching search. Don't worry though, a couple of wins by the Bills and he'll stop posting. Kind of like how he stopped posting for a while after we signed Dwan Edwards and Andra Davis.

Davis and Edwards signed on 16 MAR. I posted 5 times the day following, and multiple times on 18-19 MAR. If you want to continue making stuff up, go ahead. It's not helping your credibility one iota. Me doubting Gailey as their primary or secondary HC target seems to fit with the timeline.

I harp on this team because they've stunk for the better part of a decade. What exactly have they shown this offseason to prove things are going to be any different? If you think it's negative to complain about a losing team that couldn't attract top GM/HC types, well, when would you begin to complain? 13 years? 15 years? Hope for the sake of hope is worthless.

If you've got an ax to grind, well, take it somewhere else. You've had your share of swings and misses too around here.

When in doubt guess. Then challenge your skeptic to disprove what has never been substantiated. In other words what hasn't been unproven could be true. When asked to call heads or tails you call heads and tails. Not only are you slick but you are also slippery. :ph34r:

Gailey's offenses in Pitt and Miami did not rely on the passing game for scoring (they stunk). Hopefully he won't need to rely on our passing game (it stinks) to score this season.