Raleigh, NC Residents

what do you want to do? that would probably make it easier to give you an answer

Big Boss Brewing Company

1249-A Wicker Drive

Raleigh, NC 27604

Carolina Brewing Company

140 Thomas Mill Road

Holly Springs, NC 27540

Lonerider Brewing Company

8816 Gulf Court

Raleigh, NC 27617

these are places I personally would start with

WTF is there to do in the area?

I lived in Raleigh for three years, and there's plenty to do. If you can make your way downtown, there are some buildings. Those are cool.

And if you can find your way to North Raleigh, there's a strip center with a yogurt place, if you're into that kind of thing.

You can visit Research Triangle Park. There are some buildings there, too. And people who do techie stuff. Not West Coast techie stuff, but Raleigh techie stuff.

Oh, and if you find yourself in a town called Fuquay Varina and meet a Mexican chick named Vallhalla Maria Taquito Pasquale, you don't know me.

Go to Charlotte. It is a freakin crock that the Hurricanes are in Raleigh. They wouldn't fair better in Charlotte, but should go there anyway.

Raleigh is, well, boring. It is way to big landwise and everything is scattered about. I actually like Gboro better than Raleigh. Than again, I like Boone and Blowing Rock better than Raleigh and Gboro. I despise Davidson County and the people who run this s-hole.

Raleigh can be fun, though. Just not loads of fun. Charlotte is great now. In 10 years it will be the second biggest city on the East coast outside of New York. Those homo's in Boston or Phili might stay bigger.

TPlenty. The CBC brewery tour on Saturdays is a good one, its about a half mile from my house. Durham bulls play in a nice park downtown in revitalized tobacco warehouse district. I think the bisons are playing here next week. Also you can tour the area of the infamous raping and pillaging of 2006 at the Rbc center. The landscape is still scarred.

Go to Charlotte...

... Charlotte is great now. In 10 years it will be the second biggest city on the East coast outside of New York. Those homo's in Boston or Phili might stay bigger.

Shhhhhhhhh!! :thumbsup:

TPlenty. The CBC brewery tour on Saturdays is a good one, its about a half mile from my house. Durham bulls play in a nice park downtown in revitalized tobacco warehouse district. I think the bisons are playing here next week. Also you can tour the area of the infamous raping and pillaging of 2006 at the Rbc center. The landscape is still scarred.

Easily the best visiting team tailgate I've ever attended. :thumbsup:

I lived in Raleigh for three years, and there's plenty to do. If you can make your way downtown, there are some buildings. Those are cool.

And if you can find your way to North Raleigh, there's a strip center with a yogurt place, if you're into that kind of thing.

You can visit Research Triangle Park. There are some buildings there, too. And people who do techie stuff. Not West Coast techie stuff, but Raleigh techie stuff.

Oh, and if you find yourself in a town called Fuquay Varina and meet a Mexican chick named Vallhalla Maria Taquito Pasquale, you don't know me.

:thumbsup:

Go to Charlotte. It is a freakin crock that the Hurricanes are in Raleigh. They wouldn't fair better in Charlotte, but should go there anyway.

Raleigh is, well, boring. It is way to big landwise and everything is scattered about. I actually like Gboro better than Raleigh. Than again, I like Boone and Blowing Rock better than Raleigh and Gboro. I despise Davidson County and the people who run this s-hole.

Raleigh can be fun, though. Just not loads of fun. Charlotte is great now. In 10 years it will be the second biggest city on the East coast outside of New York. Those homo's in Boston or Phili might stay bigger.

Now, I admit it was a few years ago, but Charlotte always struck me as a soulless city, much like Atlanta, maybe worse. There were "things to do" but there was no "there" there. It seemed like a bunch of dislocated people who ended up there because the economy didn't suck as bad as it did where they came from.

At least Tobacco Road has college towns with tradition, gritty old men bars and restaurants that aren't owned by chains.

Now maybe I am mistaken. Are there old neighborhoods with character worth checking out?

Back before they started cleaning it up, I always like Waynesville, NC. The little beer bar in the back of the (now defunct) American Fruit Stand was not to be missed. Particularly if you like drinking with really old geezers. And it is a located in one of the most beautiful areas of the country.

WTF is there to do in the area?

My sister and bro-in-law just got back from a 2-week motorcycle trip to DC and back down the coast and they went to Mt. Airy, NC, the town Mayberry was based on (and birthplace of Andy Griffith). Sounded like they had a good, and very corny, time. My bro-in-law got a haircut at Floyd's Barbershop ($8). They also took a Mayberry themed tour in a police car that looked just like the one Andy and Barney drove. Apparently everything is very inexpensive and authentic small town from another time.

I think it's about an hour from Raleigh.

http://www.visitmayberry.com/andygriffithmayberry.aspx

http://www.visitmayberry.com/Mount_Airy_Ba...Barbershop.aspx

Yes, we smashed more glassware... it was out of control. No one quieted down even when Buford T. Justice showed up.