Pro Football Weekly has us dead last

I just got back from Vegas. The Bills had the biggest odds. 250-1 to win the AFC. 500-1 for Super Bowl.

Glad to see it has not changed since I was there in March. They had Green Bay at 5-1 odds in first to win the superbowl...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe by your definition. I set the bar higher. They were in nearly every game last year, with a decimated squad and a zombie head coach. Their offense was 31 of 32, and they still won 6 games.

Look on the bright side. Even the most afflicted insomniac found relief at last if they tuned in to most any of their games the past several years.

Maybe by your definition. I set the bar higher. They were in nearly every game last year, with a decimated squad and a zombie head coach. Their offense was 31 of 32, and they still won 6 games.

When was the last time u DIDN'T think the Bills were poised to make a run at the playoffs?

Seriously, the Bills aren't going anywhere this year or next.

When was the last time u DIDN'T think the Bills were poised to make a run at the playoffs?

Yawn...aren't we picked for last every year?

PTR

Well, I think we can all say with a reasonably amount of certainty that this season is a rebuilding season. A new regime evaluating their talent and lack of, implementing their schemes and systems, and creating a winning mindset. IMO, this all adds up to another losing season. Hard for me to get "excited" about this team when I feel they aren't going to the playoffs (again). I know I should be patient and I don't place the blame on NIx/Gailey and co.

Just a frustrated Bills fan tired of waiting for next year.

I think the only people that the bills are going to surprise this year are the people that post on this board that think they have a shot at winning more than 5 games. This team is going to be terrible.

Damn California QB's....wait....damn all posts from California as well. Raiders are looking good this year....

I'm thinking if the ball bounces our way a little bit this year we and we stay healthier, we will be making a run at the playoffs too. We were in a lot games last year where with an offense with a pulse we could have easily won. I'm thinking Clowns, Saints, jaguars, 2nd Jets game, 2nd Patsies* game. Do you realize the rest of the AFC East had a collective 25 - 23 record last year? We're not far off and will be better.

Go BILLs (making a run for the playoffs) !!

I think the only people that the bills are going to surprise this year are the people that post on this board that think they have a shot at winning more than 5 games. This team is going to be terrible.

I agree with you 100%. However, when I echo this viewpoint I seem to get lots of negative feedback. Sometimes the feedback is down right rude.

Going into 2007 we were picked to go 2-14 and be one of the worst teams in the league and we went 7-9, going into 2009 we were predicted to go 3-13 and be once again one of the worst teams in the league and we went 6-10 and were 1 of 2 special teams plays (Pats* game and Browns game) away from going 7-9.

It always seems like we are suppose to be the laughing stock of the league and be drafting 1st or 2nd overall and while we don't set the league on fire we were far from a joke.

Honestly I think this team will go 7-9 but be very competitive thanks to our D. Our D has a great secondary and we signed and drafted a bunch of run stuffers for our new 3-4. All in all our D will be shocking in how good it is. Overall our offense is a work in progress but our D will carry this team to respectability.

Going into 2007 we were picked to go 2-14 and be one of the worst teams in the league and we went 7-9, going into 2009 we were predicted to go 3-13 and be once again one of the worst teams in the league and we went 6-10 and were 1 of 2 special teams plays (Pats* game and Browns game) away from going 7-9.

It always seems like we are suppose to be the laughing stock of the league and be drafting 1st or 2nd overall and while we don't set the league on fire we were far from a joke.

Honestly I think this team will go 7-9 but be very competitive thanks to our D. Our D has a great secondary and we signed and drafted a bunch of run stuffers for our new 3-4. All in all our D will be shocking in how good it is. Overall our offense is a work in progress but our D will carry this team to respectability.

You could be right. I happen to think its a 5 win season more or less. I would like to take what you said to another level. As a fan, I am not satisfied with 6-10, 7-9, and 8-8 records. I agree, this doesn't make us laughing stocks of the league. So what? I am a fan straving to see my Bills team compete in a playoff game. Win playoff games and eventually get back to the Superbowl. Oh the 90's were so much fun...

I've said before and will say again, the media treats us like we've gone 3-13 four years in a row, instead of three years of 7-9 followed by a 6-10 (which could easily have been a 7-9 yet again had Leodis not braincramped against the Pats*). We're not a good team, and may not even be a mediocre team anymore, but I'll bet we pick no better than 5th or 6th in next year's draft, and more likely 8th or 9th. We've lost TO and probably lost Schobel, but we've also added Spiller, Troup, Edwards and Davis and lost Jauron, while our young guys including our 2009 rookies, who, other than Maybin, played pretty well last year (Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson all come to mind) all have a year in the NFL under their belt. All while adding a coach who seems to know how to mask a QB's weaknesess, of which ours admittedly have many. If we can keep our QB upright and generate any kind of passing attack, I think this team will suprise some people and may win up to 8 games this season, although 5-6 is probably more like it.....

Leodis should be hailed as a folk hero in WNY. If the Bills had won that game, who knows, the exuberance might have led to another win or two...and we would be going into the 2010 season, with Dick Jauron, again...

Don't know if it is true or not, I don't have the NFL Network, but, my brother told me that Warren Sapp, Ron Wolfe, and someone else were doing an AFC preview for training camp...and after going into detail about each team, my brother said, when they got to the Bills, Warren Sapp said, "My mamma always told me, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything..." They just skipped over the Bills.

I am as depressed as anyone about the state of this team, while I am not expecting a playoff appearance, the more I hear from Gailey (who I was not excited about, when he was hired) the more confident I feel, at the very least, we are going to get to watch a team that plays like an NFL team, week to week...rather than the boring trash we have been watching the last few years. I think they can go 7-9, but it will be a good 7-9, instead of a depressing 7-9...if that makes sense.

And then they switched to a 3-4 defense with about half the personnel needed to run it..... 3-13 looks about right unless Edwards or Brohm turns into Drew Brees or Philip Rivers.

Why would it? The analysts in these 'publications' are just message board posters with a platform to distribute their posts.

Ranking Baltimore, the Jets and Atlanta above the Super Bowl champion Saints? Is there any other "analyst" reading tea leaves like that? That's beyond absurd and I would love to see this particular "analyst's" reasons for those ratings.

I just got back from Vegas. The Bills had the biggest odds. 250-1 to win the AFC. 500-1 for Super Bowl.

did you make a bet? i have with similar odds in past years but not this one...seems like the long shot opportunity is there every year with the bills.

Maybe they need to finish within the bottome 3-5 to get a true rebuild on? Look at the good teams this past decade, and they've all drafted high at some point before their emergence.

That being said, these projections are never right.

I see the Bills finishing around 8-8/9-7. Considering all the fallout last season: Trading Peters and not getting an adequate replacement, putting Walker at LT, the no-huddle offense that didn't work, Jauron wanting a dulled down pop-warner type offense, Walker & Schonert getting fired 10 days before the start of the season, D. Bell put as starting LT 10 days before the season, Van Pelt being thrown in as OC 10 days before the start of the season, and 20 players on IR and the team still finished 6-10. There is talent on this team, but the problem over the last 4 years was having a positional coach as a Head Coach. Dick Jauron is a good secondary coach, nothing more. Jauron was a failure as a defensive coordinator and a even bigger failure as a Head Coach. Jauron had absolutely no clue to properly run a football team. Jauron's philosophy was, if he treated his players well then they will work hard for him. While that philosophy works great in the regular workforce, it does not work in professional sports. The offense under Jauron was bland and predictable. Only 1/3 of the defense (the pass defense) was good (which ranked #2).

Now, Bills players are getting a taste of how a NFL team should be operated. We've all read Whitner's comments about the new Strength & Conditioning workouts. And we've also read Trent's comments about Gailey's offense. The Bills will surprise a lot of people this year.