Pro Football Weekly has us dead last

I just downloaded the latest On-line edition of PFW & couldn't find a link to this on thir site. The biggest surprise is they rank the Super Bowl champs #10 & Green Bay #1. Here are the rankings

GB

Ind

SD

Min

Balt

NYJ

NE

Dal

Atl

NO

Hou

NYG

Mia

Chi

SF

Wash

Phil

Pit

Cin

Ten

Ariz

Car

Den

Jacks

Sea

Det

KC

Oak

Cle

Stl

TB

Bills

There are some things on this list that don't make sense, but having the Bills last is no surprise. The general consensus, after the off season signings, off season losses, the draft, etc. that the Bills are the worst team in football. Being a life long Bills fan, it is tough to say, but at this point, I can't argue, in fact my brain tells me that assessment is right on. The only team that I see competing with us at this point, is Tampa Bay. The Lions have had a much better off season than we have, the Raiders had a good draft and have more talent anyway, they just need some guidance to head it in the right direction. K.C. is young, but have some good talent. Holmgren will get the Browns headed in the right direction sooner than later. The Rams have some talent, and now have a quarterback that is a good bet to be a franchise signal caller or a long time, something the Bills haven't had in 15 years. The Seahawks had maybe the best draft in the league and have a good veteran QB if he can stay healthy. All this coupled with the fact that the Bills play in the toughest division in the NFL, as witnesses by the 3 other teams being in the top 13 teams in the NFL on this list, and two of them in the top 7 speaks for itself. This team has a long way to go, lets hope the current regime can do something the last few couldn't, but at this point they haven't proven anything, and they spent the #13 overall pick on a player (exciting but still) who plays in one of the two areas of the team that we actually have quality depth at. Then after taking a running back at number one, with teams wanting to trade for Lynch, they kept asking for way too much for him, instead of trading the thug for a pick that might help us fill one more of the many holes on this team. We could have all sat back and watch him screw up again and get suspended for an entire season, while he is on another team's roster. We all hope for the best, but don't be surprised if when the Superbowl ends this coming season that the Bills are on the clock with the first overall pick, probably to pick another running back.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some things on this list that don't make sense, but having the Bills last is no surprise. The general consensus, after the off season signings, off season losses, the draft, etc. that the Bills are the worst team in football. Being a life long Bills fan, it is tough to say, but at this point, I can't argue, in fact my brain tells me that assessment is right on. The only team that I see competing with us at this point, is Tampa Bay. The Lions have had a much better off season than we have, the Raiders had a good draft and have more talent anyway, they just need some guidance to head it in the right direction. K.C. is young, but have some good talent. Holmgren will get the Browns headed in the right direction sooner than later. The Rams have some talent, and now have a quarterback that is a good bet to be a franchise signal caller or a long time, something the Bills haven't had in 15 years. The Seahawks had maybe the best draft in the league and have a good veteran QB if he can stay healthy. All this coupled with the fact that the Bills play in the toughest division in the NFL, as witnesses by the 3 other teams being in the top 13 teams in the NFL on this list, and two of them in the top 7 speaks for itself. This team has a long way to go, lets hope the current regime can do something the last few couldn't, but at this point they haven't proven anything, and they spent the #13 overall pick on a player (exciting but still) who plays in one of the two areas of the team that we actually have quality depth at. Then after taking a running back at number one, with teams wanting to trade for Lynch, they kept asking for way too much for him, instead of trading the thug for a pick that might help us fill one more of the many holes on this team. We could have all sat back and watch him screw up again and get suspended for an entire season, while he is on another team's roster. We all hope for the best, but don't be surprised if when the Superbowl ends this coming season that the Bills are on the clock with the first overall pick, probably to pick another running back.

Guess you're fascinated with the number 13. Spiller was picked at #9, not #13. Besides that, the Bills don't have a home-run hitter at RB. Fred Jackson had 5 rushing TD's over the last 2 years. Lynch is one problem away from being suspended for a year. I have no problem with the Spiller pick. The offense ranked 30th last season, the Bills needed more weapons on offense.

There's no way the Bills pick in the Top 10 in the draft next year. The Bills went 7-9 (3 times) and 6-10 last year with a Secondary coach who was clueless how to run an NFL team. Gailey has taken less-than-stellar QB's and turned them into serviceable QB's. I don't think anyone would consider Fielder, Tomczak, Stewart, or Thigpen great QB's. The Bills will surprise a lot of teams and people this year. I'm still going with my prediction of 11-5, the worst I think the Bills will do is 9-7. Go Bills!!!

I see the Bills finishing around 8-8/9-7. Considering all the fallout last season: Trading Peters and not getting an adequate replacement, putting Walker at LT, the no-huddle offense that didn't work, Jauron wanting a dulled down pop-warner type offense, Walker & Schonert getting fired 10 days before the start of the season, D. Bell put as starting LT 10 days before the season, Van Pelt being thrown in as OC 10 days before the start of the season, and 20 players on IR and the team still finished 6-10. There is talent on this team, but the problem over the last 4 years was having a positional coach as a Head Coach. Dick Jauron is a good secondary coach, nothing more. Jauron was a failure as a defensive coordinator and a even bigger failure as a Head Coach. Jauron had absolutely no clue to properly run a football team. Jauron's philosophy was, if he treated his players well then they will work hard for him. While that philosophy works great in the regular workforce, it does not work in professional sports. The offense under Jauron was bland and predictable. Only 1/3 of the defense (the pass defense) was good (which ranked #2).

Now, Bills players are getting a taste of how a NFL team should be operated. We've all read Whitner's comments about the new Strength & Conditioning workouts. And we've also read Trent's comments about Gailey's offense. The Bills will surprise a lot of people this year.

Ugh, yes, the Bills were a complete cluster f@ck last season and it's amazing they didn't finish around 2-14. I agree that there is a lot of talent on the team, but the Bills didn't have the right coaches training these guys and creating good game plans. If the Bills had a competent coaching staff in here over the last 4 years, they could have been in the playoffs at least 3 out of the last 4 years. So far, I like what Gailey & his staff are doing and feel the Bills are headed in the right direction.

My god, you are such a whiney, female dog. $100 right now that the Bills don't finish with the worst record. You game?

Maybe they need to finish within the bottome 3-5 to get a true rebuild on? Look at the good teams this past decade, and they've all drafted high at some point before their emergence.

That being said, these projections are never right.

I agree that the Bills as the worst team entering the season is bogus.

However, picking in the top 5 is not "a true rebuild". Of the best teams in the league, only SD really turned it around with top 5 picks. In fact the best teams (GB, Eagles, Indy, Vikes, Colts, Saints, Pitt) have only 6 total top 5 picks in the past 10 drafts.

The crappy teams always pick in the top 5 and it almost never mounts to a rebuild--Rams, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs, Miami, Browns, Bucs, 49ers had 24 top 5 picks.

If we are picking in the top 5 next year, then this team is in far more trouble than most imagine today.

However, picking in the top 5 is not "a true rebuild". Of the best teams in the league, only SD really turned it around with top 5 picks. In fact the best teams (GB, Eagles, Indy, Vikes, Colts, Saints, Pitt) have only 6 total top 5 picks in the past 10 drafts.

The crappy teams always pick in the top 5 and it almost never mounts to a rebuild--Rams, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs, Miami, Browns, Bucs, 49ers had 24 top 5 picks.

If we are picking in the top 5 next year, then this team is in far more trouble than most imagine today.

Philly and the Colts turned their franchises around with top 5 pick franchise QBs. The Saints got luck with a pro bowl Qb coming off a major shoulder injury. The Vikes got a HOF QB to team with a probable HOF rb.

The Steelers are really the model organization of the NFL. No team is close to being as good at drafting consistently and signing under the radar key FAs. And the Bills jsut got a guy who was part of that organization.

Hopefully this has been stated, but our only major loss from last season is TO.

I'm not one who believes the difference between 1-15 and 6-10 was Terrell Owens.

Even if Schobel retires (which looks very possible, though I think his Brett Favre attitude is bullsh*t), Aaron Schobel and TO do not represent 5 wins.

Horseshit analysis.

Well said. If anything, with the additions on defense, we made major improvements on one of the weakest areas of the team, run defense. All list like this do is analyze what they think the Bills should have done. We needed an upgrade on oline and QB but they think we didn't do anything to address them.

Our QBs/ oline were horrible last year yet we were tied or led in the 4th quarter in every game but 2. Gailey has a track record of getting the most out of his QBs. So how in the world does that makes us the worst team in NFL? It's jsut lazy "journalism."

Well said. If anything, with the additions on defense, we made major improvements on one of the weakest areas of the team, run defense. All list like this do is analyze what they think the Bills should have done. We needed an upgrade on oline and QB but they think we didn't do anything to address them.

Our QBs/ oline were horrible last year yet we were tied or led in the 4th quarter in every game but 2. Gailey has a track record of getting the most out of his QBs. So how in the world does that makes us the worst team in NFL? It's jsut lazy "journalism."

I agree 100% I actually see the Bills being better this year because of the improvements to bolster the run defense and Gailey leading the offense.

Guess you're fascinated with the number 13. Spiller was picked at #9, not #13. Besides that, the Bills don't have a home-run hitter at RB. Fred Jackson had 5 rushing TD's over the last 2 years. Lynch is one problem away from being suspended for a year. I have no problem with the Spiller pick. The offense ranked 30th last season, the Bills needed more weapons on offense.

There's no way the Bills pick in the Top 10 in the draft next year. The Bills went 7-9 (3 times) and 6-10 last year with a Secondary coach who was clueless how to run an NFL team. Gailey has taken less-than-stellar QB's and turned them into serviceable QB's. I don't think anyone would consider Fielder, Tomczak, Stewart, or Thigpen great QB's. The Bills will surprise a lot of teams and people this year. I'm still going with my prediction of 11-5, the worst I think the Bills will do is 9-7. Go Bills!!!

We used to call someone a Bogart that didn't pass around what they were smoking. Wow, you have an imagination, I'll give you that much. Sorry I was off on the draft spot by 4 (didn't log into NFL.com to verify it-OOPS!), but still closer than what your prediction is for next year.

We used to call someone a Bogart that didn't pass around what they were smoking. Wow, you have an imagination, I'll give you that much. Sorry I was off on the draft spot by 4 (didn't log into NFL.com to verify it-OOPS!), but still closer than what your prediction is for next year.

C.Biscuit bet you $100 that the Bills won't finish last. I'll bet you $100 the Bills won't draft in the Top 10 next year, are you in or are you gonna cry some more?

C.Biscuit bet you $100 that the Bills won't finish last. I'll bet you $100 the Bills won't draft in the Top 10 next year, are you in or are you gonna cry some more?

It's funny that people like to talk big but when money gets involved, they get quiet.

Could you send me that money now so I can earn interest on it? I normally wouldn't bet against the Bills, not because I think they are going to do good, but it is my team, but this bet is like taking candy from a baby. How do I know that when you lose, you won't hide behind your delusional internet muscles and avoid me?

A key element is drafting well. Sometimes luck plays a part as there are years where are no Mannings' or Rivers' in the top-5. But if the Bills finish last, they'll have a shot at several (currently) highly-touted QB's.

A key element is drafting well. Sometimes luck plays a part as there are years where are no Mannings' or Rivers' in the top-5. But if the Bills finish last, they'll have a shot at several (currently) highly-touted QB's.

Bad teams draft poorly. Look how the Bills have spent their 1st round picks in 10 years.

The "highly touted QBs" of next draft so far don't seem better than the top 4 taken this year, or even Levi Brown for that matter.

Could you send me that money now so I can earn interest on it? I normally wouldn't bet against the Bills, not because I think they are going to do good, but it is my team, but this bet is like taking candy from a baby. How do I know that when you lose, you won't hide behind your delusional internet muscles and avoid me?

I have integrity and I keep my word. I've been a fan of the Bills for over 25 years and love this team. If the Bills draft anywhere from 1-10, then you win the bet. If they draft anywhere from 11-32, then I win the bet...fair enough? If I lose, then you send me a personal message with your address and I will send you a money order for $100. If I win, you do the same, no checks! How do I know if you'll keep your word?

I've said before and will say again, the media treats us like we've gone 3-13 four years in a row, instead of three years of 7-9 followed by a 6-10 (which could easily have been a 7-9 yet again had Leodis not braincramped against the Pats*). We're not a good team, and may not even be a mediocre team anymore, but I'll bet we pick no better than 5th or 6th in next year's draft, and more likely 8th or 9th. We've lost TO and probably lost Schobel, but we've also added Spiller, Troup, Edwards and Davis and lost Jauron, while our young guys including our 2009 rookies, who, other than Maybin, played pretty well last year (Wood, Levitre, Byrd and Nelson all come to mind) all have a year in the NFL under their belt. All while adding a coach who seems to know how to mask a QB's weaknesess, of which ours admittedly have many. If we can keep our QB upright and generate any kind of passing attack, I think this team will suprise some people and may win up to 8 games this season, although 5-6 is probably more like it.....

We are changing schemes on both offense and defense after a terrible season. We are better but unproven on the defensive line and awful on the offensive line. We are very unproven at QB and WR. We are weak and unproven at LB. I think our spot has merit. Sure, good coaching may move us up a few spots, but we are not good. Not yet.

I'm thinking if the ball bounces our way a little bit this year we and we stay healthier, we will be making a run at the playoffs too. We were in a lot games last year where with an offense with a pulse we could have easily won. I'm thinking Clowns, Saints, jaguars, 2nd Jets game, 2nd Patsies* game. Do you realize the rest of the AFC East had a collective 25 - 23 record last year? We're not far off and will be better.

Go BILLs (making a run for the playoffs) !!

I like your attitude, dude! <_<