Marshawn Lynch skips day 1 of OTA's

based on this statement every nfl player that has ever skipped VOLUNTARY practices is not a law abiding nfl player???

WHAT

If I was an nfl player. Quite the stretch there Mr Non Sequitur

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man people need to learn to read. In the article with Yahoo Sports Lynch said he would be here sometime this week. He never said today.

Lynch should be here but what you going to do.

BTW, i believe Lynch will be starting game one.

Not a friggin chance. MAYBE if he came to OTAs like the rest of the team he might have a chance, but highly unlikely as Freddie is the man!

"But when the Bills convened here Tuesday for the start of voluntary workouts, Lynch declined to join them."

Why do people make such a big deal that players don't show up when they don't have to?

Because he's making millions of dollars and if the ultimate goal is to win the superbowl and the team has new coaches and schemes that must be mastered, the players gotta work their butts off.

what circumstances? either he'll play with the Bills in a rotation or he'll get traded and maybe be the featured back- probably the worse thing that can happen to him is that he plays for the Bills and gets minimum carries- it was probably a mistake for the Bills not to take a 3rd round pick for him and grabbing Bruce Campbell.

Bruce campbell? are you kidding me? Even if we did get a third for Marshawn, which isn't enough mind you, they wouldn't have gotten campbell because, frankly, he sucks.

1. How many of you guys would go to your job if the boss told you it was voluntary?

2. Why do Lynch's 1st 2 seasons of work get ignored in favor of his 3rd?

1. I would go to every damn one if at all possible. Sometimes life gets in the way so I can see where guys miss some days, but it takes a lot of hard work to get to where these guys want to go and with the new staff and playing subpar last year, he should get his azz in there.

2. because it's always about what have you done for me lately

I am so over Aaron Schobel too!

That "ass" did not show up either? Why not? He has no more a right to skip than Lynch does!!!

:rolleyes:

Really ? Schobel - the guy who has been the most consistent feature of our defense for the last several years ? The guy who shuts up and does his job ? Nary a controversy nor a sucky attitude ?

P.S. If you were being sarcastic, I take my post back

There is no leeway needed. It's voluntary. When he misses something mandatory then go ahead and complain.

I'm not complaining, cuz frankly I couldn't care less whether he shows up or not.

I just thought drawing a comparison to Favre was bordering on the surreal. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: While he's out.......wasted timie discussing him.......when he reports.......play will talk. The best will play. Enough about the only non-reporting Bill !!!!

There seems to be 2 opinions when it comes to Lynch:

1. Big deal, he's not at a voluntary minicamp. There are lots of players around the league who do not attend voluntary mini camps, I don't see why it's a big deal.

2. Lynch's numbers and play on the field last year were well below average. Another poor year and Lynch, a former high 1st round pick, can certainly be labeled a bust. With a new coaching staff and a chance to have a clean slate why the hell would Lynch not want to be there to give the new regime a good first impression of him?

I totally agree with #2. The guy was out of shape and looked terrible hitting the holes last year. In watching Lynch live last year, a handful of times, I actually thought he was a liability on the field. Indecisive hitting the hole, poor in pass blocking , and dropped way too many dump off passes. The guy is being paid millions and he sucked it up last year. Why not get your a** to Buffalo for 3 day (4.5 hours of team practice total) to set the tone that you're serious about making solid contributions this season.

I like the fact that NIX set the precedent this offseason that just because a player is unhappy in Buffalo does not mean we will trade them away for less than what they are worth. Why reward a player for basically being a malcontent and not showing up to a job that pays you millions with 100% effort everyday? I don't care if it's voluntary or not, Lynch is showing the new regime exactly what we all already know. He's not 100% dedicated to improving the Buffalo Bills. The difference between guys like Lynch and Freddy J is like night and day.

There seems to be 2 opinions when it comes to Lynch:

1. Big deal, he's not at a voluntary minicamp. There are lots of players around the league who do not attend voluntary mini camps, I don't see why it's a big deal.

2. Lynch's numbers and play on the field last year were well below average. Another poor year and Lynch, a former high 1st round pick, can certainly be labeled a bust. With a new coaching staff and a chance to have a clean slate why the hell would Lynch not want to be there to give the new regime a good first impression of him?

I totally agree with #2. The guy was out of shape and looked terrible hitting the holes last year. In watching Lynch live last year, a handful of times, I actually thought he was a liability on the field. Indecisive hitting the hole, poor in pass blocking , and dropped way too many dump off passes. The guy is being paid millions and he sucked it up last year. Why not get your a** to Buffalo for 3 day (4.5 hours of team practice total) to set the tone that you're serious about making solid contributions this season.

I like the fact that NIX set the precedent this offseason that just because a player is unhappy in Buffalo does not mean we will trade them away for less than what they are worth. Why reward a player for basically being a malcontent and not showing up to a job that pays you millions with 100% effort everyday? I don't care if it's voluntary or not, Lynch is showing the new regime exactly what we all already know. He's not 100% dedicated to improving the Buffalo Bills. The difference between guys like Lynch and Freddy J is like night and day.

This is the sanest post I've found in this thread, even if I don't agree entirely.

Personally, I'm not getting too bent out of shape about Marshawn not coming. It is voluntary. You don't see be sweating over Aaron being gone, because he has been consistently good.

But Marshawn has every reason to come to as many practices as he can and few not to. Let's remember: the Bills as a business (as dysfunctional a one as they are).

If you are working for a company and get arrested and lose time in the real world, you're probably worried about your future. If, while you're gone, your company hired replacement does better than you and does it for less than you (Fred Jackson) a real person would be worried for their job.

And if then they hire a guy straight out of school, who seems to be everything you were two years ago(Spiller)...that's when you start retooling your resume.

Marshawn doesn't have to show up, but he better have a f :rolleyes: -ing amazing training camp, because at this point I'm scratching my head as to why we need him.

There is no leeway needed. It's voluntary. When he misses something mandatory then go ahead and complain.

This was my point, exactly. I'm not comparing Brett Favre and Lynch; I'm comparing the actions. And this is a voluntary thing. I think Lynch is a doosh as much as everyone else who loves the Bills. And I think Favre is a legend. But I don't agree that one can earn the right to skip team workouts. That's bull. Regardless of whether or not he can skip everything, then throw 4 TDs in the first game of the season, it's a team game. As much of a legendary QB he is, Favre is an individual. And so is Lynch. Lynch just doesn't get a free pass because he hasn't "earned" it. Sounds like a double standard to me.

The biggest problem with Bills fans is they make mountains over mole hills. I'm not saying right or wrong of Lynch, but how many people bashing him now will be doing so if he gets 1,000 yards this year???? Most players that have been around skip voluntary training. Now that we have a new coach and system is it a dumb move??? Who knows, but if he produces if I were him I take note of the bashing and just simply through it back at you. When a team is done, you don't finger point, you team up and support. If we are true fans, then team up and support, not bash the players. If you were Lynch, would you want to play in Buffalo??? I lived in many different cities and met many great Bills Backers, and they all say the same thing of Buffalo, great place, but nothing there. So why would a person who wants change want to go to place and get bashed???? Give me a break and suck it Sally's, it's voluntary. When the games start then let’s see what happens, until then stop the bashing and crying.

If there is one position besides kicker that needs less preparation and reps for mandatory OTAs and training camp, it's running back.

I'm not excusing Marshawn's absence, and I think he should be here. But it's more of a philosophical argument than an actual production argument.

Yes, you want all your guys here on the same page. But all it really does is give Spiller and Bell a few more reps with the first teamers. It'd be different if he was on defense and had to learn a new system. Or if he needed work on route running, or working together with fellow OL. Marshawn said he will be here this week, and he probably will be. RBs need work learning the new offense and the new blocking schemes and everything, but they need the least work of any position.

"Marshawn Lynch: No-Show at OTA's - 5/25/2010 10:34:59 AM

Update:

Lynch is a no-show for the first day of the Bills' voluntary OTAs this week, The Buffalo News reports.

Recommendation:

Lynch has claimed he'll be with the team sometime within the next week, so we're not going to assume there's any difficulty going on between player and team (one that drafted C.J. Spiller in the first round). Still, for a guy who says he wants to change his image after numerous run-ins with the law, you'd think he'd have been in Buffalo a week ago, with three alarm clocks set for 5:00 AM on Tuesday morning.

More News for Marshawn Lynch"

http://www.rotowire.com/Marshawn-Lynch-goo...89760-spnfl.htm

Yes it is voluntary. Maybe the rest of the team should skip it too, because the coaches really need the quiet time. 0:)

The guy just told you he is sitting home playing video games and has absolutely nothing else to do! Why shouldn't he be at the workouts, impressing the coach who may just throw him away otherwise?

Said it before, this kid is simply a moron.