Best Sports Movie

bills_fan

Best Sports Movie  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best sports movie of all time?

• Bull Durham
    • The Natural
    • Hoosiers
    • North Dallas Forty
    • Major League
    • Slapshot
    • Field of Dreams
    • Brians Song
    • Caddyshack
    • Pride of the Yankees
    • Rocky
    • Raging Bull
    • Other (Explain)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to chose from that list as 'Best Sports Movie' due to the diverse genre's.

For 'real' sports events, I'd go with Brian's Song, w/ a close second Eight Men Out.

For humor: Caddyshack!

For fiction: Rocky

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

I'd probably go with Major League though....I could watch that at any given moment and still crack up.

Agreed, Rudy is friggin awesome, if you don't get chills when he runs out on that field then you may be a robot. And major League is a CLASSIC!

But...nothing beats Caddy Shack, I actually worked at the golf course where they filmed all of the golfing scenes and had my wedding reception there.

You probably mean Eight Men Out, with John Cusack.

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

Bingo, thank you. I was in the midst of a momentous brain fart and couldn't come up with the name to save my life.

:wallbash:

That was easily the most VISCERAL experience I've ever had with a sports film in the theater. I loved every minute of it.

I'd also have to throw out a vote for Miracle....loved that flick!

I voted for Bull Durham but Caddyshack isthisclose behind in the comedy genre. Miracle is the best serious sports movie and the fact that it's true just makes it even better. For the serious fictional movies "Rocky" (Only the original one) is really cool. :thumbsup:

The Love Bug gets my vote. That Herby was quite a racing machine and you can never discount the acting ability of Buddy Hackett.

I give it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: out of 5

Hey man, don't get sarcastic about Herbie. (That's how you spell his name. <_< ) The Love Bug is a great movie. I loved that movie as a kid.

Any Given Sunday

Does an awesome job showing what goes on off the field.

Also its just a damn good movie

Any Given Sunday didn't do it for me. In fact I don't like how Oliver Stone took everything that is wrong about football and put it all on one team. Not all teams run that way. :worthy:

For me it's a toss up between The Natural, Field of Dreams, Hoosiers and Rudy with an honorable mention to Rocky.

Field of Dreams :worthy: If it's a movie my wife loves and I mean loves seeing she watches it whenever it's on and we don't typically watch movies it is NOT a sports movie.

Can't believe it wasnt one of the choices and no one has mentioned it but Heaven Can Wait starring Warren Beatty I can watch over and over again

For me it is between "Caddyshack" and "Happy Gilmore". Rodney>Adam Sandler for the win!

edit: Just remembered the original "Bad News Bears". Probably nose's out the above two.

Can't believe it wasnt one of the choices and no one has mentioned it but Heaven Can Wait starring Warren Beatty I can watch over and over again

Heaven can Wait is a remake from the original movie "Here Comes Mr. Jordan"

Instead of Football the guy is a boxer. 1941 I believe.

Just an FYI :worthy:

Field of Dreams

After dropping off Terrance, Ray turns the VW mini-bus around and there's Terrance in the headlights.

[Low bass drum boom]

Terrance: Moonlight Graham.

Ray: You saw it!

I get chills just thinking about

[uPDATE]: The guy is working to help clean up the oil spill!

Yup, that one is so great......I love this one, too:

Terence Mann: Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.