Anonymous NFL Vet---NFL is a league of junkies...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they do. Not so sure about meth but a lot of people use crack recreationally.

Meth is a treatment for ADHD and obesity. So yes, people use meth without being junkies. Your family doctor could write you a prescription for the same drug sold on the streets.

Meth is a treatment for ADHD and obesity. So yes, people use meth without being junkies. Your family doctor could write you a prescription for the same drug sold on the streets.
methamphetamine is rarely prescribed for adhd and almost never by a family doctor. methylphenidate (ritalin) is commonly presribed for adhd and is commonly abused thus most practitioners prescribe slow release versions with less abuse potential. it has also been used, with limited success (and with questionable rationale) to treat methamphetamine addicts. most people using methamphetamine or crack ARE addicts in the sense that they will have withdrawal signs and symptoms and craving when forced to abstain. someone using crack or meth would be well advised to seek treatment. these are not drugs commonly used by casual,"recreational" users. Toradol is an nsaid with no effect on mu receptors and thus no measurable euphoric properties except those from placebo effect. as mr weo stated, this article doesn't pass the smell test.

you cant make that statement. you cant speak for every person that has ever done those drugs.

ill give you that "for the most part" people do not do them recreationally. but for the amount of cocaine that is done by professional athletes, smoking some rock wouldn't be that different.

Lawyers and Doctors are big coke heads...I was a house DJ for 8 years and I can't tell you the number of times I went to afterhours parties and saw doctors and lawyers snorting lines on a glass table...worst of all, a few times the doctors pagers went off a few minutes later and he left saying he had gotten called in to surgery...

So next time you go to the ER in the middle of the night and have to have surgery...remember, the doctor is likely high on drugs...

Lawyers and Doctors are big coke heads...I was a house DJ for 8 years and I can't tell you the number of times I went to afterhours parties and saw doctors and lawyers snorting lines on a glass table...worst of all, a few times the doctors pagers went off a few minutes later and he left saying he had gotten called in to surgery...

So next time you go to the ER in the middle of the night and have to have surgery...remember, the doctor is likely high on drugs...

astonishing that you would run into substance abuse at an afterhours party... great place to get a representative sampling of the various professions. since you seem interested in social science you might also consider doing a study on the correlation between carrying a lighter and smoking.

astonishing that you would run into substance abuse at an afterhours party... great place to get a representative sampling of the various professions. since you seem interested in social science you might also consider doing a study on the correlation between carrying a lighter and smoking.

he never said ALL doctors and lawyers.

the point is that there are plenty of people who use hard drugs recreationally and still function as part of society. this was in response to Mr WEO saying:

People do not smoke crack or do meth recreationally...

Wow.

Just....wow.

he never said ALL doctors and lawyers.

the point is that there are plenty of people who use hard drugs recreationally and still function as part of society. this was in response to Mr WEO saying:

Coke can is used recreationally--never said otherwise (read my quote you copied). Crack cocaine and meth are rarely used except to maintain an addiction. They have the highest addictive potential. If you prefer to incorrectly state otherwise, you are free to do so.

This should not come as a shock to anyone that does not have their head in the sand.

The NFL fancies itself as the premiere PED testing organization, but they are a joke there too. HGH does not even have a test. Players- such as Cushing and others before him- are caught using female fertility drugs that not only promote a male body to restart testosterone production after using steroids, but also to mask the fact they were using anabolics in the first place.

Extending their career? That's a lousy argument if a minority are cheating using PED's. But with bigger, drug-induced bodies comes more force upon impact. And more injuries. So, you either join the fray or get hammered. Same old loser argument for juicing in the first place.

Bottom line: if they were all clean, there would be no need for PED's. As in Baseball, fans want excitement, players want the glory and the green, and will do anything to prolong it. As with the Olympics, I'd much prefer an all natural league, but for a league to be proactive on this it takes tons of money and a crack science team. Something nobody is too concerned about to enact.

Extending their career? That's a lousy argument if a minority are cheating using PED's. But with bigger, drug-induced bodies comes more force upon impact. And more injuries. So, you either join the fray or get hammered. Same old loser argument for juicing in the first place.

I think this is a point that is often lost in the argument -- without the artificially bigger faster players, things like concussions would certainly decline.

Wow.

Just....wow.

Coke can is used recreationally--never said otherwise (read my quote you copied). Crack cocaine and meth are rarely used except to maintain an addiction. They have the highest addictive potential. If you prefer to incorrectly state otherwise, you are free to do so.

Meth is a prescription drug, which means that it can (and is) be used in other ways than feeding an addiction.

People do not smoke crack or do meth recreationally--if you use these highly addictive drugs, you probably do not have "a good deal of willpower".

Torasol, ibuprofen and other NSAIDs do NOT have anything to do with "blocking pain receptors"---they are not narcotics. They block the inflammatory response. They cannot make anyone high.

So you know from your own experience? Maybe a few of your friends and family too? Do you work with addicts?

If you're speaking from experience with you or your family, then it's only a handful of people, which doesn't really mean anything. If you work with addicts, then you only see those that need help.

Wow.

Just....wow.

Everything can be used recreationally. As you do more of it, you need more of it to get off. This puts more of it in your system and your body begins to adjust to the chemical. When you then stop taking it, you suffer withdrawl. Addiction is your body's need to avoid that withdrawl.

So you can keep it under control and not do it every day so your body doesn't get saturated with it and lead you into withdrawl and the potential for addiction.

so first it was "People do not smoke crack or do meth recreationally", now it is "rarely"... ok. :thumbsup:

and where did i say they did not have a high addictive potential? you're just making up statements/arguments for no real reason here other than to distract and deflect.

YOU are the one that made the original (and incorrect) blanket statement.

yes, i agree with you that they are both very addictive. but no, i disagree that people never, or "rarely", use them recreationally.

the whole point here was trying to determine the credibility of the author and his report. i dont doubt it for a second that there are NFL players recreationally using crack and/or meth. there are LOTS of meth-head baseball players. believe it or not, it is possible for some people to dabble in drugs and continue living their life. especially when you only work 6-8months a year, but make millions of dollars. it will most likely come back to bite them someday, but for the most part, they can get away with it for quite a while.

This smells a little like BS.

Nobody casually takes crack or meth. Also, Toradol is not a "powerful painkiller...that blocks pain receptors"---it's an NSAID like ibuprofen only stronger. And it doesn't get you high.

Toradol and the other NSAIDS are indeed painkillers. I've heard toradol is especially effective for deep bone pain but haven't seen any hard evidence (haven't really looked either).

NSAIDS basically block prostaglandin synthesis which will reduce fever, pain perception and inflammation. In certain situations it can be more effective pain management than lower dose ranges of morphine. It has some pretty significant GI side effects (much more than ibuprofin) and generally is not used for more than 5 days. The rest of what you and birddog1960 said is correct.

And I agree that the article sounds suspicious. On the other hand, I wouldn't expect most football players to have a firm knowledge of all these drugs and maybe he's confused about the names but the rest of the article may have some merit. Who knows.

Toradol is considered an ANSAID --in other words another drug that treats inflammation BUT was condsidered revolutionary because in the ED it could be given to suspected drug abusers IV (the first of its kind. ) Ansaids are Aspirin, Ibuprofren, Aleve,.. Obviously non narcotic........Toradol was the first of that kind to be avaliable via IV. Obviously a boon to the ED until the drug seekers said Toradol doesn't work on them.... Drug seekers go into the ED saying they have severe stomach cramps. To an ED doc the first diagnosis is renal cholic or in laymans terms kidney stones.....So what to do..... Before Toradol...Narcotics.....Bingo......Easiest diagnosis and treatment in the world...And then Toradol.....Would treat pain but wouldn't make you higher then aspirin.....ANSAID---Another Non Steroidil Drug Anti Inflammatory Diseases .....Notice the Caps in the last sentence ANSAID. Truthfully Toradol is a great drug for those seeking pain relief but don't want a narcotic. No doc in his right mind would even second guess giving a professional athlete Toradol unless they thought it would mask symptoms. And if you're an athlete, or were an athlete, you'ce taken something...whether an aspirin, or something you thought you needed to help you through...I'm not advocating drugs...far from it... But if you're a professional athlete and need aspirin, or naproxen(aleve) or toradol.... These are legal... and mostly over the counter drugs.....So why should I condemn you

:thumbsup:

Toradol is considered an ANSAID --in other words another drug that treats inflammation BUT was condsidered revolutionary because in the ED it could be given to suspected drug abusers IV (the first of its kind. ) Ansaids are Aspirin, Ibuprofren, Aleve,.. Obviously non narcotic........Toradol was the first of that kind to be avaliable via IV. Obviously a boon to the ED until the drug seekers said Toradol doesn't work on them.... Drug seekers go into the ED saying they have severe stomach cramps. To an ED doc the first diagnosis is renal cholic or in laymans terms kidney stones.....So what to do..... Before Toradol...Narcotics.....Bingo......Easiest diagnosis and treatment in the world...And then Toradol.....Would treat pain but wouldn't make you higher then aspirin.....ANSAID---Another Non Steroidil Drug Anti Inflammatory Diseases .....Notice the Caps in the last sentence ANSAID. Truthfully Toradol is a great drug for those seeking pain relief but don't want a narcotic. No doc in his right mind would even second guess giving a professional athlete Toradol unless they thought it would mask symptoms. And if you're an athlete, or were an athlete, you'ce taken something...whether an aspirin, or something you thought you needed to help you through...I'm not advocating drugs...far from it... But if you're a professional athlete and need aspirin, or naproxen(aleve) or toradol.... These are legal... and mostly over the counter drugs.....So why should I condemn you

:thumbsup:

Toradol is an NSAID. "ANSAID" is the trade name of flurbiprofin, also an NSAID. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=...em4LHmWLTxRoULQ

Various internet sources cite renal colic pain as originating in the lateral, upper middle back and eminating anteriorly to the groin area. Can't see how an ER doc would confuse severe stomach cramps with this type of pain and diagnose kidney stones.