Anonymous NFL Vet---NFL is a league of junkies...

Can only cite what many ED docs told to me personally. They said toradol was a Godsend and they could tell in a second whether a patient was a drug seeker or not. I'm not a genious. And I don't claim to be one. But I know if I go into the ED claiming my gut is on fire and I need relief...If I'm offered Toradol, I'll take it.. If I want a buzz, I 'll say that I've taken toradol and it doesn't work. Regardless, kidney stones is a sure fired way to get a narcotic in an ED before Toradol.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a joke I'd like to see how Many of us could go into an ED and complain of diffuse abdominal pain.... See what you walk out on......Toradol would be one of the first choices.... Its like naproxen... which is over the counter aleve. Only you can inject toradol. If many are serious about the pain, they won't complain about Toradol. If you want a buzz, toradol probably won't work.... But NSAIDS are funny... Pain receptors mollecullarly work differrent. One ANSAID might work for you but might not for me,,,,,

Garypinc, I think you're freaking because someone knows aoiut medicine more than you. My guess is that you're a med student and thats why you posted that trash. Study on dude, study on... But when you want an education give me a call.

Can only cite what many ED docs told to me personally. They said toradol was a Godsend and they could tell in a second whether a patient was a drug seeker or not. I'm not a genious. And I don't claim to be one. But I know if I go into the ED claiming my gut is on fire and I need relief...If I'm offered Toradol, I'll take it.. If I want a buzz, I 'll say that I've taken toradol and it doesn't work. Regardless, kidney stones is a sure fired way to get a narcotic in an ED before Toradol.

I had kidney stones once and I had to go to the ER in intense pain to the point I was almost crying because I couldn't make it go away and sitting in a car seat was making it worse...I cannot remember the name of the drug they gave me(something starting with an "L") but man that was some good stuff...the room started spinning and I was on cloud 9....luckily they were pretty small so I just ended up peeing them out after they gave me some flomax and something else...

People do not smoke crack or do meth recreationally--if you use these highly addictive drugs, you probably do not have "a good deal of willpower".

People don't do meth recreationally?

Should have told that to my friends in college, that would do it on occasion, recreationally.

so first it was "People do not smoke crack or do meth recreationally", now it is "rarely"... ok. :worthy:

and where did i say they did not have a high addictive potential? you're just making up statements/arguments for no real reason here other than to distract and deflect.

YOU are the one that made the original (and incorrect) blanket statement.

yes, i agree with you that they are both very addictive. but no, i disagree that people never, or "rarely", use them recreationally.

the whole point here was trying to determine the credibility of the author and his report. i dont doubt it for a second that there are NFL players recreationally using crack and/or meth. there are LOTS of meth-head baseball players. believe it or not, it is possible for some people to dabble in drugs and continue living their life. especially when you only work 6-8months a year, but make millions of dollars. it will most likely come back to bite them someday, but for the most part, they can get away with it for quite a while.

"there are LOTS of meth-head baseball players"? I don't believe it. Why would you? "you're just making up statements/arguments for no real reason here other than to distract and deflect." Yeah, got it.

It should follow for most that "meth heads" (in baseball or elsewhere) are not people who "dabble in drugs and continue living their lives" (at a high functioning level--such as a pro athlete, you mean). "Meth heads" are drug addicts (did I really have to point that out?). They don't clean up for 8 months a year and then go back to being "meth heads" when it's convenient.

Garypinc, I think you're freaking because someone knows aoiut medicine more than you. My guess is that you're a med student and thats why you posted that trash. Study on dude, study on... But when you want an education give me a call.

tomtraubersblues, no worries. :worthy: I am neither a physician nor a med student/resident. I don't work directly in the medical profession, I am certainly not a genius and there are countless other people who know more about medicine than I do.

You, however, are not one of them. Not by a long shot.

Best of luck with your quest to dispense medical knowledge, unfortunately I won't be taking you up on your offer.