Claussen already

Philip Rivers is (seriously) a very good QB. Maybe even great. And he's led his team to exactly as many Super Bowls as Trent Edwards has led the Bills.

Not every great QB wins a SB, its a team game, but Rivers has always been a consistent winner, which is light yrs ahead of anything trent has ever accomplished

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every great QB wins a SB, its a team game, but Rivers has always been a consistent winner, which is light yrs ahead of anything trent has ever accomplished

I'm just messing around :-) Those two can't even be compared, and I know that. Rivers is incredible. Trent stinks. To get back on topic, you are correct .. it will be pie in the Bills Brass' face if Clausen turns out to be a solid QB. And I also agree that some arrogance is a necessary trait in a successful QB. But Clausen's personality has been questioned a lot more than any other kid coming out of college that I can remember. I'll admit .. I was disappointed when we didn't get him.

Sigh I hated it when my 2nd team picked him. I think you are gonna see the end of Marty Hurney as GM in Carolina

:lol:

You are so full of it. If the Bills drafted him and this exact same story came out, you'd be saying "Good! About time a QB shows up and takes control of these pansies!"

Assuming that this story is anything more than an anecdote used to prolong a dying story, the guy has been a Panther for 15 minutes and incredibly the veterans (including the oh-so-underspoken Steve Smith) prefer the veteran QB and don't like being yelled at by their QB in practice.

Color me shocked...

If you don't think Smith is not a top 10 receiver still, you are out of your mind. He is a beast and tried his best to pick up Delhomme, who was murdering that team. He palys with a chip on his shoulder but he busts his ass to be best. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

I just find it hilarious that some people dismissed the character concerns about Clausen. They are very real.

+1 Great post across the board.

Like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and even Brett Favre and Steve Young, there is still the possibility that Claussen (Tebow and Bradford for that matter) that he may end of being the Pro Bowl level QB who proves capable of leading his team to an SB win, but he turns out not to be able to do this for the team which drafted him.

Folks like Peyton Manning and Ben RoboQB were actually the exceptions to the rule that you do not draft a player capable of taking your team to an SB win which had not proven true til these two did it since Dallas has chosen Aikman in the late 80s.

The simple fact is for those who are certain Claussen is the real deal that the Bills may have done just the right thing in terms of having Claussen deliver for us by not picking him and seeing if he follows the Drew Brees track to SB glory. This approach is far less risky than one of drafting any QB in the 1st round of the latest draft.

:lol:

You are so full of it. If the Bills drafted him and this exact same story came out, you'd be saying "Good! About time a QB shows up and takes control of these pansies!"

Assuming that this story is anything more than an anecdote used to prolong a dying story, the guy has been a Panther for 15 minutes and incredibly the veterans (including the oh-so-underspoken Steve Smith) prefer the veteran QB and don't like being yelled at by their QB in practice.

Color me shocked...

I can say I have honestly watched every game the panthers have played (either live on DSS, sports bar or on Replay) so I can say NO I didn't want Carolina to pick this prick

"We're told that Clausen already has pissed off multiple receivers and at least one tight end by "barking" at them during minicamp practice, and that receiver Steve Smith "basically thinks Jimmy is a punk." Though Clausen is regarded as "smart" and unlikely to make mental mistakes, the initial thinking is that he uses excessive confidence (to the point that it's being perceived by some as arrogance) to compensate for lack of arm strength, size, and overall athleticism."

Remember when Jim Kelly came in and kicked butt ... just saying.

# SJPB8 says: May 6, 2010 10:13 AM

Every area reporter that was at the minicamp said that Clausen was going out of his way to be "one of the guys" including Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.. Steve Smith gave an interview stating that he thought Clausen earned some points with veterans over the weekend as well.. You state that the guy pushing Clausen may be a Clausen guy.. Well maybe the guy down talking him is a Moore guy.. Either way the Panthers go out of their way to downplay everything so if they basically dont read too much into minicamp.. Dont try to over analyze every comment..

We'll see if we were fools for choosing Troup over him at some point in the future, but I still think it was a mistake. C'mon Brohm! Regain that Louisville confidence and swagger. The Buffalo Bills NEED you!!

If you don't think Smith is not a top 10 receiver still, you are out of your mind. He is a beast and tried his best to pick up Delhomme, who was murdering that team. He palys with a chip on his shoulder but he busts his ass to be best. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

I just find it hilarious that some people dismissed the character concerns about Clausen. They are very real.

I don't think anyone was arguing that Smith isn't a top 10 receiver...just arguing that he is a douche...takes one to know one, you might say in this case!

"We're told that Clausen already has pissed off multiple receivers and at least one tight end by "barking" at them during minicamp practice, and that receiver Steve Smith "basically thinks Jimmy is a punk." Though Clausen is regarded as "smart" and unlikely to make mental mistakes, the initial thinking is that he uses excessive confidence (to the point that it's being perceived by some as arrogance) to compensate for lack of arm strength, size, and overall athleticism."

So the guy is being ripped on for being intense? Thats bad?

I guess it is perception but I think thats a huge plus. I want my QB demanding accountability and having a fire to win. Knowing the Steve Smith doesn't like him is also a plus because Smith is a D bag.

I bet Manning barks at his WRs too. Yea he is proven, but he wasnt always proven. Clausen needs to prove himself, then I guess this will be viewed in a positive light.

I don't think anyone was arguing that Smith isn't a top 10 receiver...just arguing that he is a douche...takes one to know one, you might say in this case!

I don't get Smith being called a douche. He just plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. He jsut goes balls out at all tiems and his temper cost him. But he was the guy who keep supporting Delhomme when he was killing that team and his stats. He got on Jarrett from USC for not working hard enough. He said that he wanted someone to become the #1 receiver for the Panthers this year.

That doesn't sound liek a douche to me. It sounds like a guy who really wants to win. I love Evans but I think he could benefit with a like Steve Smith attitude.