Bills can make the playoffs this year

Im thinkin' around 3-13 or maybe 4-12...we are rebuilding and to be honest I prefer either tanking next season or making the playoffs, we cant finish near .500 this season..we need to secure a franchise QB in next year's draft ,and presuming the current trio of qbs on our roster don't fit the bill , we will need a top 1-7 pick to get one.

Some of you I am sure will miss my point entirely, probably on purpose, but many of you will appreciate where I'm coming from. After every Super Bowl I sulk and let my frustration get the better of me. I'm f*****g pissed! But, after a few weeks I start to cheer up as the draft approaches and by May I'm talking s*** to everyone that is not a Bills fan. I start making bold predictions, everyone thinks I'm crazy, etc.,etc. But all they have to do start making it to the playoffs and win it all one time, and the knowing that I was saying it all alone will make it all worth while. All I am saying to the Chicken Littles out there is give it a try, some day it will happen and the S*** that you'll be able to rub in everyone's face will be that much better. Losing is one thing, it happens to the best of us, but the sure sign of a born loser is letting people see that it's hurting your confidence. For any of you that's ever competed at anything at a high level, you know this is true. So get ready to lose your voice!

Amen. The epitome of a true Bills fan is described above. One day .. one day

first off, i'm with you Mike Oxhurtz, if there is any time to be optimistic it's during the post Jauron era.

and second, does anyone remember Miami going from last to first (and in the AFC East of all places, arguably the toughest conference in the NFL)? what was the one big reason (credited that is) that it happened???

first off, i'm with you Mike Oxhurtz, if there is any time to be optimistic it's during the post Jauron era.

and second, does anyone remember Miami going from last to first (and in the AFC East of all places, arguably the toughest conference in the NFL)? what was the one big reason (credited that is) that it happened???

Bill Parcells. Guy had a huge hand in rebuilding the Giants, Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, and Dolphins. Builds up the OL and DL with big strong guys first, then finds skill players.

Oh really? What division do they play in this year?

Is it a different one from the one they've played in the last 4 years when they went 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 coached by that "winning is hard" defeatist Dick Jauron, and with 1/4 of the roster on IR every year?

So why in heck would they suddenly drop to 4-12 with an easier schedule???

There's no logic to that at all - no doubt you too are of the Dick Jauron school of thought. You too think winning is hard - somehow missing the point that half the teams seem, to win each week.

In fact, come clean - is your name Dick Jauron??

I say even if none of the new players has a big impact, they still improve tgo 9-7 based on the easier schedule and the massive upgrade in coaching attitude.

:thumbsup::lol: Thank you!! I'm so sick of hearing that the Bills are going to be worse this year, when we've had one of the worst coaching staffs in Bills history running this team, and our record (like you said) 7-9 (3 times in a row) and 6-10. Jauron's dumb decisions have cost this team multiple wins every season he was here.

Im thinkin' around 3-13 or maybe 4-12...we are rebuilding and to be honest I prefer either tanking next season or making the playoffs, we cant finish near .500 this season..we need to secure a franchise QB in next year's draft ,and presuming the current trio of qbs on our roster don't fit the bill , we will need a top 1-7 pick to get one.

Really, 3-13 or 4-12?! We've been 7-9 (3x) & 6-10, with no pass rush, a sieve for a run defense, and DB's as linebackers. Now that the Tampon 2 defense is gone, we're switching to the 3-4 and have gotten much bigger players on defense, you seem to think that we're gonna do worse? What crack are you smoking?

Oh really? What division do they play in this year?

Is it a different one from the one they've played in the last 4 years when they went 7-9, 7-9, 7-9, 6-10 coached by that "winning is hard" defeatist Dick Jauron, and with 1/4 of the roster on IR every year?

So why in heck would they suddenly drop to 4-12 with an easier schedule???

There's no logic to that at all - no doubt you too are of the Dick Jauron school of thought. You too think winning is hard - somehow missing the point that half the teams seem, to win each week.

In fact, come clean - is your name Dick Jauron??

I say even if none of the new players has a big impact, they still improve tgo 9-7 based on the easier schedule and the massive upgrade in coaching attitude.

Look man,

The Division they play in is the AFC East....You know... with the JETS, who are probably one of the top 3 teams in the league. And the Patriots are still the Patriots, they stilll have Brady, and they still have Belichick who always out coaches any guy the Bills have...thats 0-4 and its not even close...if you think they are taking 1 of those games you are nuts. Miami, maybe a split at best. All 3 teams have made significant improvements to their team and have owners and management who are accountable, willing to spend what it takes to win, and have far superior coaching.

As far as no logic, look around you....Where is the talent on this team. You looking forward to another year of Trent at QB? is that progress for the team? do they even have a real NFL 2nd WR on their roster. They had the worst OL in the league by a mile and they did what to help it? Add another Raider cast off and what? get real man. we all want them to win but it aint happening now or any time soon.

And as far as easier schedule, i just dont see it......after the 6 divison games i see clear losses vs Pitt/GB/Balt/CincyMinn....Cleveland beats us every year. I love what Detroit has done this off season/draft. KC is always tough to play at, etc....

And massive upgrade at coaching? Who is their D Coord? a college guy, just like the head coach...the same head coach who's hasnt been an NFL head coach in over a decade, a guy who had 1 job and had to go to college to get another HC gig. just because we all hated Dick jauron and wanted him gone doesnt make Gailey a massive upgrade at HC....it makes him next in line of below avg head coaches the bills have had since Levy left town....

like i said 4-10 or 5-11, im sure you wont look me up in January when it comes to be...

Some of you I am sure will miss my point entirely, probably on purpose, but many of you will appreciate where I'm coming from. After every Super Bowl I sulk and let my frustration get the better of me. I'm f*****g pissed! But, after a few weeks I start to cheer up as the draft approaches and by May I'm talking s*** to everyone that is not a Bills fan. I start making bold predictions, everyone thinks I'm crazy, etc.,etc. But all they have to do start making it to the playoffs and win it all one time, and the knowing that I was saying it all alone will make it all worth while. All I am saying to the Chicken Littles out there is give it a try, some day it will happen and the S*** that you'll be able to rub in everyone's face will be that much better. Losing is one thing, it happens to the best of us, but the sure sign of a born loser is letting people see that it's hurting your confidence. For any of you that's ever competed at anything at a high level, you know this is true. So get ready to lose your voice!

Sounds like a great philosphy to live by...pretend your something other than what you really are :thumbsup: More specifically, pretend your team is actually superior than the others on the schedule when in reality our team, coaches (and especially the front office) is demonstrably inferior!

Sounds like a great philosphy to live by...pretend your something other than what you really are :thumbsup: More specifically, pretend your team is actually superior than the others on the schedule when in reality our team, coaches (and especially the front office) is demonstrably inferior!

Thank you for illustrating what you really are. The emoticon does signify my life to a point. I eventually broke through the wall though, and my head is just fine.

Although I don't share a lot of peoples optimism as far as overall record goes...I am very optimistic that this franchise finally has a vision and is headed in the right direction for once. They have some keen talent evaluators and will draft the best players available that are also solid character guys.

It is very possible with our schedule the Bills could be winless heading into the bye week. 3 division games and a tough road trip to GB. Our recent record against JAX also speaks for itself. That unfortunately is not much of a stretch. The idea we will win double-digit games is absurd plain and simple. We haven't won 10 games in a decade. This team is not going to be the one to break that streak.

I still have hope we are going in the right direction but I strongly believe the record is not going to reflect that this season. We are staring at 3-13 or 4-12. "Bottoming out" this season may be the best thing for this team in the long run.

I really hope I am wrong but nothing the Bills have done so far has me thinking any differently.

I believe nine wins is what we should get. Anything less than that get a new coach and gm.

what is it with you and the 9 wins or else get a newcoach/gm crap? This is probably like the 10th time i have read this from you in different threads. there is no way in hell that would EVER happen. they can win 4 games this year and they still won't get rid of them. you don't place a number on the wins for a new head coach and gm to make or they are fired. Even Jauron got 3.5 years. and I find it very hard to think gailey won't be an upgrade from jauron. Like some of the other guys stated, you look for improvement. we may very well win 9 games, but we may not either. new systems, new coaches,new players-lots going on here. it can go any way. but you certainly give the new guys more than one year unless they are complete idiots.

MIA @ BUF W Miami sucks

BUF @ GB L GB is nasty now

BUF @ NE W they havent' gotten much better this offseason, we have we already were close to knocking them off last year

NYJ @ BUF W Jets are garbage

JAC @ BUF W Jacksonville is garbage

BUF @ BAL L Because we won't win four in a row and they are pretty good

BUF @ KC W KC is a joke

CHI @ BUF W Chicago is a joke

DET @ BUF W Detroit is a joke

BUF @ CIN L because we wont' win four in a row Cincy is pretty good

PIT @ BUF L Because we need back to back losses in a season

BUF @ MIN L Because we need a reason as Bills fans to jump OFF the bandwagon at some point...three losses will do that

CLE @ BUF W Because the Browns are crap

BUF @ MIA W Because the Dolphins are trash

NE @ BUF W Because I want to sweep the pats

BUF @ NYJ W Because it makes my 11-5 prediction accurate

I actually laughed at this :thumbsup:

Look man,

The Division they play in is the AFC East....You know... with the JETS, who are probably one of the top 3 teams in the league. And the Patriots are still the Patriots, they stilll have Brady, and they still have Belichick who always out coaches any guy the Bills have...thats 0-4 and its not even close...if you think they are taking 1 of those games you are nuts. Miami, maybe a split at best. All 3 teams have made significant improvements to their team and have owners and management who are accountable, willing to spend what it takes to win, and have far superior coaching.

As far as no logic, look around you....Where is the talent on this team. You looking forward to another year of Trent at QB? is that progress for the team? do they even have a real NFL 2nd WR on their roster. They had the worst OL in the league by a mile and they did what to help it? Add another Raider cast off and what? get real man. we all want them to win but it aint happening now or any time soon.

And as far as easier schedule, i just dont see it......after the 6 divison games i see clear losses vs Pitt/GB/Balt/CincyMinn....Cleveland beats us every year. I love what Detroit has done this off season/draft. KC is always tough to play at, etc....

And massive upgrade at coaching? Who is their D Coord? a college guy, just like the head coach...the same head coach who's hasnt been an NFL head coach in over a decade, a guy who had 1 job and had to go to college to get another HC gig. just because we all hated Dick jauron and wanted him gone doesnt make Gailey a massive upgrade at HC....it makes him next in line of below avg head coaches the bills have had since Levy left town....

like i said 4-10 or 5-11, im sure you wont look me up in January when it comes to be....

we beat the jets last year with our crappy coach,oline and qbs. we should have beat new england that first game. we could do it again. you have NO idea if our coach is good,great or bad yet. he could very well be awesome. And lastly, this team has plenty of talent to be good this year. I think you are just way too negative. I totally disagree with lots you say here but especially that gailey wont be a massive upgrade over jauron. ANYBODY,would be an upgrade over him. cant you guys just support our new team and coaches. they all want the same thing we do. Don't you think they deserve at least a year to see what they do and how they coach. the off season is not even over yet. we still may get more free agents,someone for the lt. to be so frickin down on the team in April is just so pathetic to me. why even bother watching the games if were going to be that horrible?

Really, 3-13 or 4-12?! We've been 7-9 (3x) & 6-10, with no pass rush, a sieve for a run defense, and DB's as linebackers. Now that the Tampon 2 defense is gone, we're switching to the 3-4 and have gotten much bigger players on defense, you seem to think that we're gonna do worse? What crack are you smoking?

The Bills O line before they traded away Jason Peters was simply under achieving because of poor coaching, they had replaced an 18 year veteran O line coach with a rookie.

Jason Peters-Derrick Dockery-Langston Walker all never played up to their abilities while with Buffalo or the Bills would have had one of the best lines in the NFL in 07-08.

The Bills just hired a new head coach that was just fired from his last job as OC, he went and hired a bunch of inexperienced college coaches. The new GM didn't draft an OT till round 5, he thinks an inexperienced untalented tackle in Bell who is coming off a torn ACL injury can start at LT.

The team is revamping the entire offensive and defensive schemes and needs to retrain all the players to learn the new schemes.

5-11 was being optimistic :rolleyes:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

This is way above optimism, you really need a check up. The Bills can make the playoffs and Roseanne Barr could be the next Miss America too.

what is it with you and the 9 wins or else get a newcoach/gm crap? This is probably like the 10th time i have read this from you in different threads. there is no way in hell that would EVER happen. they can win 4 games this year and they still won't get rid of them. you don't place a number on the wins for a new head coach and gm to make or they are fired. Even Jauron got 3.5 years. and I find it very hard to think gailey won't be an upgrade from jauron. Like some of the other guys stated, you look for improvement. we may very well win 9 games, but we may not either. new systems, new coaches,new players-lots going on here. it can go any way. but you certainly give the new guys more than one year unless they are complete idiots.

I actually laughed at this :rolleyes:

we beat the jets last year with our crappy coach,oline and qbs. we should have beat new england that first game. we could do it again. you have NO idea if our coach is good,great or bad yet. he could very well be awesome. And lastly, this team has plenty of talent to be good this year. I think you are just way too negative. I totally disagree with lots you say here but especially that gailey wont be a massive upgrade over jauron. ANYBODY,would be an upgrade over him. cant you guys just support our new team and coaches. they all want the same thing we do. Don't you think they deserve at least a year to see what they do and how they coach. the off season is not even over yet. we still may get more free agents,someone for the lt. to be so frickin down on the team in April is just so pathetic to me. why even bother watching the games if were going to be that horrible?

If not winning 9 games gets a coach fired, why do the Bills sign any coaches for more than one season? We would have a new coach every single season. This team is a few years off from even dreaming of a nine win season.

If not winning 9 games gets a coach fired, why do the Bills sign any coaches for more than one season? We would have a new coach every single season. This team is a few years off from even dreaming of a nine win season.

why are you qouting me here? it was tennesseboy who said that. or were you agreeing with me? which might be a first.

Just going from last season...

09/14 @ New England Patriots L 24 - 25 One play away from winning (1-0)

09/20 TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS W 33 - 20 Dominant performance against rebuilding Bucs (2-0)

09/27 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS L 7 - 27 Bad loss to a very good team (2-1)

10/04 @ Miami Dolphins L 10 - 38 2nd bad loss in a row (2-2)

10/11 CLEVELAND BROWNS L 3 - 6 One play away again (3-2)

10/18 @ New York Jets W (OT) 16 - 13 Played very well (4-2)

10/25 @ Carolina Panthers W 20 - 9 Played well again (5-2)

11/01 HOUSTON TEXANS L 10 - 31 What happened here? (5-3)

11/08 BYE

11/15 @ Tennessee Titans L 41 - 17 See last entry (5-4)

11/22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars L 18 - 15 One play away from winning (6-4)

11/29 MIAMI DOLPHINS W 31 - 14 Always fun to beat Miami (7-4)

12/03 NEW YORK JETS (Toronto) L 13 - 19 Again, one play away, hard fought game (8-4)

12/13 @ Kansas City Chiefs W 16 - 10 Who said we can't win in KC? (9-4)

12/20 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS L 10 - 17 Defense stepped up, offense didn't (10-4)

12/27 @ Atlanta Falcons L 3 - 31 Gave up for the season? (10-5)

01/03 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS W 30 - 7 Playing for jobs next season against sleeping colts (11-5)

Even with all the injuries, a very young OL, and all the other issues, that team was in several of the losses and one play here or there made the difference. I just don't think they are as far away from winning as some people state here on the board, but I will say that any chance of success will necessitate not suffering as many injuries as last year.

I actually laughed at this :rolleyes:

You know how many times we "should have beat NE" the past decade...amazing how we never do, right...

I hated Jauron as a coach...he was the definition of mediocrity...However, i have no faith that Gailey is the upgrade you say he is..and neither have any other NFL teams the past decade, or he would have had a head coachng job within that time. How many GM's or team presidents have passed on him as a coach that know a lot more about football than you or i do. How can you call him a massive upgrade? what are you basing it on?

Im sorry but i dont support this team blindly any more. That time has run its course. They have had 10+ yrs to get it right and have failed miserably. You people with your rose colored glases kill me

First off, the AFC East is a divison not a conference, and if you look at the time of the turnaround, it wasn't the toughest division in the NFL, maybe even the worst (Buffalo 7-9, Jets 4-12, Miami 1-15 in 2007) as everyone but the Pats were below average .500. We all are hoping for a turn around like that, but in reality we don't have the owner, front office, coaches or roster for a last to first turn around in one season.

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

I predict 11-5 for the year and a wild card berth. The Jets will win the AFC East.

I'll have some of what you're smoking :rolleyes:

Doesn't anyone remember we embarrassed the Jets last year and also split with Miami? Any given Sunday folks.. I don't see the Bills being worse than last year.

Hmm, bringing facts into a discussion around here can be bad for your health. Duck!

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

That's pretty generous!! I love the Bills, but I think a 7-9 season in realistic... But things are looking up...

I definitely agree we COULD make the playoffs this year.

Every year we are 2 or 3 games out.

But we lose at least 3 games per year out of pure stupidity.

Solution: stop being stupid.

eh hem Mr. McKelvin. and Don't call a JP "I'm the biggest liability on the field" rollout when you are trying to run the clock out on the Jets.

Keep the ball away from morons in critical situations. Its that simple.

There were no quotation marks in my post, so I wasn't quoting anyone, I was actually agreeing with you.

The only games that will have the Bills as the favorite are the Cleveland and Detroit games. They'll be a few upsets along the way. There always are.

It's going to take a while for the defense to come together. I believe we'll see a big improvement, but I just can't see it happening starting week 1.

The offense depends on the line. Hardy has to step up and be a factor, but he can only do that with good QB play. Brohm or whoever the QB is will need to get good pass blocking to be successful. If not defenses will be totally focused on stopping the run.

I'll be pessimistic and say 5-11. Take away Byrd's interceptions and they probably wouldn't have won 6 this past year.

Low expectations just eliminate frustations later.

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

Wow! Total optimism!!! Unfortunately, I think that 5-11...5 wins & 11 losses is more on the money! I hope you are right,

but I have a feeling that I'm a hecku'va lot closer. Why you ask???????

1. Teams that switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 are notoriously bad the initial year of the change. Usually 2-4 wins 1st year.

2. I think Chan Gailey wants to see if Trent Edwards is salvagable for himself, and this will lead to bad things and a

likely change around mid-season at QB providing Edwards stays healthy & avoids another concussion that far into the

season.

3. If the Bills keep 3 RB's on the roster (Lynch, Spiller, & Jackson) it has the makings of trouble within, because all 3

runningbacks will believe that they should be the starter, and one runningback will most likely be the odd man out.

4. The Bills have many marginal players as their starters with little depth at several positions. Except for Spiller they did

not draft many players that are NFL ready. The Bills took many players with upside that for one reason or another have

not fully put it together yet. Wang is not likely a starting OT quite yet, and Carrington has good potential at DE, but

probably will not be starting material this season. Easley had 9 or 10 good games in college football, before that he

wasn't tested very much. He may have Andre Reed like potential or he may very well be a partial-season wonder.

5. Where the Bills are lacking the most are the holes that got filled later in the draft with the exception of Troup. Troup has

potential, but he probably isn't an immediate impact type of player at DT.

6. The Bills have almost all different coaches, trainers, and a new offensive and defensive system to learn, probably

several new starters from either Free Agency or the draft and it is going to take some time for the Bills to form an

identity and gel.

7. There are many other reasons why the Bills won't get to the playoffs this year including that they have to play an

improved Jets team twice, same goes with N.England, and Miami. That's probably about 5 losses right there if they

beat one of those teams at home during the season.

GOOD LUCK! Hope you are right! But before long you'll probably be wearing a bag over your head :wallbash:

MIA @ BUF W

BUF @ GB L

BUF @ NE L

NYJ @ BUF W

JAC @ BUF W

BUF @ BAL L

BUF @ KC W

CHI @ BUF W

DET @ BUF W

BUF @ CIN W

PIT @ BUF W

BUF @ MIN L

CLE @ BUF W

BUF @ MIA W

NE @ BUF W

BUF @ NYJ L

With this O-line were gonna go 0-6 in the divison, and lose mutiple starters in the back field.

Wow! Total optimism!!! Unfortunately, I think that 5-11...5 wins & 11 losses is more on the money! I hope you are right,

but I have a feeling that I'm a hecku'va lot closer. Why you ask???????

1. Teams that switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 are notoriously bad the initial year of the change. Usually 2-4 wins 1st year.

2. I think Chan Gailey wants to see if Trent Edwards is salvagable for himself, and this will lead to bad things and a

likely change around mid-season at QB providing Edwards stays healthy & avoids another concussion that far into the

season.

3. If the Bills keep 3 RB's on the roster (Lynch, Spiller, & Jackson) it has the makings of trouble within, because all 3

runningbacks will believe that they should be the starter, and one runningback will most likely be the odd man out.

4. The Bills have many marginal players as their starters with little depth at several positions. Except for Spiller they did

not draft many players that are NFL ready. The Bills took many players with upside that for one reason or another have

not fully put it together yet. Wang is not likely a starting OT quite yet, and Carrington has good potential at DE, but

probably will not be starting material this season. Easley had 9 or 10 good games in college football, before that he

wasn't tested very much. He may have Andre Reed like potential or he may very well be a partial-season wonder.

5. Where the Bills are lacking the most are the holes that got filled later in the draft with the exception of Troup. Troup has

potential, but he probably isn't an immediate impact type of player at DT.

6. The Bills have almost all different coaches, trainers, and a new offensive and defensive system to learn, probably

several new starters from either Free Agency or the draft and it is going to take some time for the Bills to form an

identity and gel.

7. There are many other reasons why the Bills won't get to the playoffs this year including that they have to play an

improved Jets team twice, same goes with N.England, and Miami. That's probably about 5 losses right there if they

beat one of those teams at home during the season.

GOOD LUCK! Hope you are right! But before long you'll probably be wearing a bag over your head :thumbsup:

+1. I don't know about the bag but it's still gonna be a struggle.